Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Decision To Make Between Pharmacy Schools. Help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by John T, Apr 5, 2018.

1. John T

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Hello everyone!

I am done with interviews finally and hearing back from schools. I unfortunately did not get into my top choice so I must decide between the remaining choices.

Anyone have any thoughts on Manchester University in Indiana?
    Marshall B. Ketchum in Fullerton, CA?
    Northstate University in Sacramento, CA? (most likely no from me due to high private loans)

OR

Touro's Master's program, 10 month program involving pharmacy research experience. I would need to apply to pharm school again. Thoughts?

Any input would be appreciated!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BC_89

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Only 2 things matter : regionally accredited and cost. If the first checks out go to cheapest school.

BidingMyTime likes this.
  4. BidingMyTime

BidingMyTime Lost Shaker Of Salt
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Absolutely what BC89 said. If all schools are regionally accredited, than go to the cheapest one. There is nothing to even consider.

As for the Master's program, only do that if you plan to go into research. And then after getting your master's, I would get a Ph.D in research. There is no reason to get a master's in research if you want to work as a pharmacist. And a pharmacist degree will only be very minimally helpful (if at all), in helping you get a research job.