Dental school acceptance is possible with 14 QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dental_Dude

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am going to make this short but I felt the need to post this for people who need some clarification. I applied in the 2017 cycle. My DAT scores were AA 18 TS 18 RC 21 PAT 21 GC 18 OC 17 BIO 20 QR 14. I applied to 11 schools and received 3 interviews, 1 rejection, interview waitlist, and 6 to be determined (complete/ under review). I was fortunate enough to be accepted by Case Western Reserve on Dec. 1 2016 at 9am. So it is possible to get into school with bad DAT scores! I'm not saying that it will be this way for everyone I'm just letting people know to never lose hope!

Some other info:

-Major: Biology Pre-Dental

-Minor: Chemistry

-Science GPA 3.8

-Overall GPA 3.8

-Shadowing 60 hrs

-Intern 160 hrs

-A letter of rec. from a Dentist (plus others from school)


-I have conducted 2 major research experiments and I presented one at CPUB (The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania University Biologists).

-I have taken Biochem and obtained an A



(I wrote this real quick at work so sorry for any grammatical error)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad