Costco.
Not joking.
When I worked there (notice though that I quit) I was working with cashiers who made $55,000 in 2008. Today they make more than $60,000 with just a high school diploma. Store managers make $120,000+ easily. If you can see yourself being chastised for not having yellow bananas, or because the granola bars were moved from aisle 6 to aisle 8, then go for it!
You could also try sales (which can be a tough and stressful profession), or perhaps the banking industry, though I hear that gig is played out. If you don't have a passion for healthcare though, then I really think you should look into Costco. The idea of a safe and future-proof profession is almost certainly a relic from our parents' era. Even if you're an engineer (another decent choice), you will likely switch companies multiple times throughout your career. If you're really into money, you could work at an oil field. Having done a similar job myself though, I warn you that it's difficult and tedious work.
The problem isn't dentistry, or medicine, or even higher education. With globalization, the United States economy is undergoing a major transition as nations like India, China, and Brazil are becoming economic powers in their own right. This has had a tremendous impact on the US economy, and the entire 'Western World' in general. There may be some point in the distant future where things become balanced again, but that will possibly mean that everyone here has to make do with earning less, while people in the BRIC nations will be happy to be earning more. We are on target to be the first generation of Americans in modern history with less opportunity and wealth than our parents had. Gone are the days when the US had 50% of the wealth and industry on Earth.
I could probably whip something up if dieanotherday's husband doesn't have the time to get around to it.
Is there a reason the person should be relatively young? I would have thought it would be even more important for the older graduate to get a handle on their debt ASAP than a youngster.