toothy97

5+ Year Member
May 2, 2015
Hi all,

Long story short, I am a dental student who will be applying to medical school (MD) this upcoming cycle after much deliberation. Dentistry no longer serves my interests as I am very interested in the biomedical sciences, and want to focus on healthcare outside of just the oral cavity.

I had a 3.8 undergrad GPA, 3.9 science GPA and will be taking the MCAT next February (so tbd). I had two years of transplant research in undergrad, was a leader of a healthcare public service organization, clocked quite a bit of volunteer hours, and was a phlebotomy tech that worked in inpatient and outpatient hospitals for two years. However, my major concern is that committees will automatically reject my application when they see I am currently a professional student at a different school. I'm not sure what I can do (besides shadowing) to solidify my interest in the field. I also would love advice on what I could possibly do to strengthen my application between now and next application cycle as a non-traditional applicant.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.