This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

penguin1234

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I know about the agreement between australia and canada and that if you do your dentistry in australia you can come back to practice in canada after passing all of your exams. However, I have never seen or heard of a dentist here in canada who has gone to australia from dentistry and successfully come back. Does anyone know why this is, I can't find many success stories on dental students in australia coming back to canada and I find this super sketchy!
 
I studied in australia and came back to canada. It is a great way to do it. You can skip having to do an undergrad and graduate quicker than the canadian students. the quality of education isn't as good as canada but i don't really think thats an issue. after 2 years of private practice it doesn't matter where you studied. No employer will care where you studied. HOWEVER I would not recommend doing dentistry if you are going to have 400k debt, which you would likely have as tuition is around 350k alone. honestly, its not worth it financially. it is tough as a new grad in canada. if you want to do dentistry it is a great way to do it, but you have to be passionate about dentistry, because once you graduate you will be doing it tough for a really long time to make up for the student loans. dentistry is not easy money anymore, and having such a large debt is a huge burden. Its so competitive now and youll quickly realise as a new grad that you don't really have many skills, and youll realise that the skills you get from university weren't worth the huge fees