Desperate for recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MHL

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi:

Does anybody know any DO physician in Houston area who is willing to write a recommendation for students? I am really desperate now. Please post or email me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by MHL (edited August 19, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad.

on the same note, does anyone know of a do in the Boston Area!

Have you tried the phone book?

If that hasn't been fruitful, the DO school in San Fran [TUCOM] has a service that will 'locate' a DO in your area for you to interview with for the letter. Call TUCOM for further information.

------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03

TUCOM's service is only good to find a DO in the bay area. I live in so. cal and when i applied i called tucom and they couldn't help me and i live in the same state as their school. What i ended up doing was opening the yellow pages and just called up dr's offices. It may seem awkward but if you are serious about DO school then a little awkwardness should not deter you. I just call the office and tell them my predicament. I simply started at A and worked my way down. By the time i reached the Bs i found two doctors that agreed to talk to me. I went to their office with my apps, transcripts, resume, etc. and had a talk with the doc. No matter how you phrase it they know that you need/ want a letter of rec from them and they understand b/c they were once in our shoes. I ended up shadowing one of the dos (family practice) and he wrote me a letter.