SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Desperate for recommendation

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by MHL, Aug 19, 1999.

1. MHL

MHL New Member

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, TX USA

Does anybody know any DO physician in Houston area who is willing to write a recommendation for students? I am really desperate now. Please post or email me at [email protected]

[This message has been edited by MHL (edited August 19, 1999).]
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. sith

sith Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 7, 1999
    on the same note, does anyone know of a do in the Boston Area!
  4. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Lafayette, IN
    Have you tried the phone book?

If that hasn't been fruitful, the DO school in San Fran [TUCOM] has a service that will 'locate' a DO in your area for you to interview with for the letter. Call TUCOM for further information.

'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

5. TP

TP Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 3, 1999
    TUCOM's service is only good to find a DO in the bay area. I live in so. cal and when i applied i called tucom and they couldn't help me and i live in the same state as their school. What i ended up doing was opening the yellow pages and just called up dr's offices. It may seem awkward but if you are serious about DO school then a little awkwardness should not deter you. I just call the office and tell them my predicament. I simply started at A and worked my way down. By the time i reached the Bs i found two doctors that agreed to talk to me. I went to their office with my apps, transcripts, resume, etc. and had a talk with the doc. No matter how you phrase it they know that you need/ want a letter of rec from them and they understand b/c they were once in our shoes. I ended up shadowing one of the dos (family practice) and he wrote me a letter.