Did I mess up my offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morgbot3000

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

So I'm really freaking out.

I was accepted into OSU's incoming first year class (2020), but I was still missing several pre-req courses. So this summer I took two courses (Medical Physiology and Microbio) through UNE. I did great in Micro but I'm worried about my grade in Med Phys. I definitely underestimated the time it would take me to succeed in the class, and I'm pretty stressed out that I may get a grade lower than what was in my conditional acceptance letter.

Has this happened to anyone? Any advice? I tried calling the office of admissions and the admissions counselor was out for the day.

Basically, I'm terrified that they're not going to let me start.

Members don't see this ad.

So you were told you had to make a certain grade in the remaining prerequisite courses in order to matriculate and you don't think you will meet that requirement? If that's the case it definitely is a hard situation and I understand your stress. From the admissions standpoint though, they were up front about what you needed to do in order to start. If you haven't completed the prerequisites to their satisfaction they are under no obligation to let you matriculate. You were informed of the requirements, so they may not be able or willing to work with you if worse comes to worst. My advice is to work really hard between now and the end of your class and try to pull it out and make the grade. Studying should be your main priority. Do as well as possible and hopefully this will become a non-issue for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I'm taking UNE's medical physiology class too. I just took the second test so I don't know how much I can help, but feel free to PM me and I'll do my best. It is definitely a time-consuming class. I'm finding that the Connect website as well as the chapter quizzes posted on the publisher's website are really helpful. You might also want to email the UNE professors for advice on how to improve your grade. Don't forget that 15% (or is it 10%?) of the total is based on labs, which can really boost your grade. Good luck!

What grade were you expected to finish the course with?