Didn't really include my publication in my AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDPedigree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So a bit of neuroticism. When I submitted my AMCAS, I didn't make a separate activity for my publications but instead listed them (without a link, just the title and author list) under the description of my research activity on my amcas. Is this possibly going to now get overlooked because it is not its own activity? One of my friends mentioned that schools have so many apps to go through often times they don't even read the descriptions of events. Sigh. This is a big part of my app and I feel like it is now going to be missed by some schools.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

While I would have listed it as it own activity, I don't think its detrimental. The paper I'm on was not published when I submitted my AMCAS so I did something similar to you, I listed it under the research experience and said it was currently in submission. Once it was accepted, I updated schools by uploading it onto my portal. You can try uploading your paper onto the portal and maybe that will help them notice.