This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SaltySprings

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't find this discussed anywhere as it is pretty specific.

I am writing a particular secondary essay regarding "challenges in becoming a physician". The challenge that I have identified is actually exemplified in an MMI from the school I am a reapplicant to.

Essentially my question is this:

Would mentioning a particular part of an MMI in a secondary essay to that same school be viewed as breaking some term of agreement about discussing the interview process in the eyes of an adcom?

I feel like it could be a useful reflection on somewhere I could have performed stronger in last years interview as well as an actual challenge that I face. Naturally, I will talk about how I will overcome this.

This is probably neurotic but if I've learned anything about applying you can't really be too careful.
 
I couldn't find this discussed anywhere as it is pretty specific.

I am writing a particular secondary essay regarding "challenges in becoming a physician". The challenge that I have identified is actually exemplified in an MMI from the school I am a reapplicant to.

Essentially my question is this:

Would mentioning a particular part of an MMI in a secondary essay to that same school be viewed as breaking some term of agreement about discussing the interview process in the eyes of an adcom?

I feel like it could be a useful reflection on somewhere I could have performed stronger in last years interview as well as an actual challenge that I face. Naturally, I will talk about how I will overcome this.

This is probably neurotic but if I've learned anything about applying you can't really be too careful.
Don't go there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pick something that happened in college or work life. Don't break the fourth wall so to speak by referring to the application process. Reminding them that you didnt get in after an MMI will only hurt you.