This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
umm not to be rude, but if you think $4,000 is a lot of money to get a DVM, you’ve got a big storm coming.
Don't worry, she's rich. She won't have loans.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you won't, but not because you're rich.
giphy.gif

(To OP, if you/your family seriously are wealthy and could afford vet school out of pocket, that's great, but there's no need to be an ass towards your colleagues who aren't as fortunate)

Reactions: 13 users
Veterinary medicine is a small world. Those wishing to enter this field should keep in mind that colleagues are the ones on the other side of the keyboard. One can never know the value in having such people in your rolodex as connections are the backbone to making a career.

except they're the ones attacking me and i don't even know anyone's name so it's not like any of this matters

Members don't see this ad :)
Another chuckle knowing that I can guarantee this person would never have the balls to say any of that to my face. We'll see that false sense of bravado slowly whittled away as she realizes that such behavior won't win you any friends in the field.

Word.
i would happily say anything to your face.

giphy.gif

(To OP, if you/your family seriously are wealthy and could afford vet school out of pocket, that's great, but there's no need to be an ass towards your colleagues who aren't as fortunate)
bro, they're being the ass to me. i am just standing up for myself.

bro, they're being the ass to me. i am just standing up for myself.
Nobody was snarky to you until YOU questioned if they knew what they were talking about just because you didn't like their answers.

Reactions: 4 users
except they're the ones attacking me and i don't even know anyone's name so it's not like any of this matters
You posted in a manner that elicited a negative response, but instead of correcting the error, you went into attack mode. That is not conducive to furthering discussions or growing as a person. Yes, this is an internet forum that is supposedly anonymous, but many here see each other all the time at conferences and other career related functions, not to mention the sharing of knowledge on school, cases and beyond. It was your continued responses that were rude and allowed the discussion to remain malignant.

I suggest a redo if you wish to join the community, otherwise, I feel the OP has been answered.

Reactions: 2 users
Nobody was snarky to you until YOU questioned if they knew what they were talking about just because you didn't like their answers.

i am so very sorry i hurt their feelings and questioned the legitimacy of their answers. on the other hand, if no one questioned the legitimacy of their sources, we would probably all turn out to be terrible vets like the majority of the people on this website.

except I already have two acceptances...

Then what are you so worried about. Ignore our advice, heck why are you even still in school....those classes totally don't matter... at all...might as well just drop them. **** pre-reqs right? They don't have any purpose at all.

In all seriousness, you asked a question that was common sense, I'm sorry you lack common sense. Then you double down and got mad when people nicely answered your common sense question with what you weren't wanting to hear. Guess what, too bad, those courses matter, take them seriously or don't, no sweat off my back, but you might lose what you've worked for.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i am so very sorry i hurt their feelings and questioned the legitimacy of their answers. on the other hand, if no one questioned the legitimacy of their sources, we would probably all turn out to be terrible vets like the majority of the people on this website.
There it is folks, SDN's version of Godwin's Law. :troll:

(I believe they call it Burnett's Law in the human med forums)

Reactions: 6 users
You posted in a manner that elicited a negative response, but instead of correcting the error, you went into attack mode. That is not conducive to furthering discussions or growing as a person. Yes, this is an internet forum that is supposedly anonymous, but many here see each other all the time at conferences and other career related functions, not to mention the sharing of knowledge on school, cases and beyond. It was your continued responses that were rude and allowed the discussion to remain malignant.

I suggest a redo if you wish to join the community, otherwise, I feel the OP has been answered.

All I asked was whether or not they had experience in what they were saying. People here have an inferiority complex and started going crazy. I just wanted to know if they were just speculating that schools care or if they actually knew. They began to be incredibly rude and sarcastic. I am not one to be passive. I asked a very legitimate, reasonable question.

I just find it fascinating that she came to a forum full of terrible vets to seek advice. Did she forget to check the legitimacy of her source?

You can be a bad vet and still know if schools care about my grades....

All I asked was whether or not they had experience in what they were saying. People here have an inferiority complex and started going crazy. I just wanted to know if they were just speculating that schools care or if they actually knew. They began to be incredibly rude and sarcastic. I am not one to be passive. I asked a very legitimate, reasonable question.
Clearly the appropriate response was to dig in even deeper. Because that is how resolving conflict and issues of communication works!

Reactions: 5 users
There it is folks, SDN's version of Godwin's Law. :troll:

(I believe they call it Burnett's Law in the human med forums)

so you just compared me to Hitler? I believe that is extremely antisemitic. All of my grandparents did not die in the holocaust to have you say that.

You can be a bad vet and still know if schools care about my grades....

Why don't you email those schools, they'll have the best knowledge on if they care about grades or not. And clearly those people aren't bad vets, so you'll get the best advice...directly from the horse's mouth and from some of the most brilliant minds.

Reactions: 1 user
Clearly the appropriate response was to dig in even deeper. Because that is how resolving conflict and issues of communication works!

why don't you ask everyone who was rude to me then why they were rude first?

8607504.jpg

First rule when you're digging your own hole. Stop digging.

so you just compared me to Hitler? I believe that is extremely antisemitic. All of my grandparents did not die in the holocaust to have you say that.
pls leave bc you are twisting words and you have already lost this argument by YOU pulling SDN's version of Godwin's Law.

why don't you ask everyone who was rude to me then why they were rude first?
They weren't. You were.

It has nothing to do with an inferiority complex, you did not state the nature of your question well and you were called out on it. I think you also missed out on getting the details of your OP written correctly, leading to the seeming issue in the first place. If you had stated you had two acceptances and wanted to know if you still needed an A, you would have gotten the answer right away that the prereqs are important, but as long as you maintain the grade necessary as stated by your schools, it was all good.

It takes some getting used to learning how to write posts that convey the tone you intend. A few missteps will happen, even for people who post all the time. Stepping back and correcting the misfire is key, otherwise, as we have seen here, defensiveness and aggression lead nowhere.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.