Do i still have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

melon1

when do schools send out their acceptances until. I posted a message about a week ago about NYCOM. I really want to got there- their facilities impressed me and so did their students and faculty. It seemed like their was a lot of interaction between the two.

Anyway- i was interviewed late Feb. but still have heard NOTHING! I'm getting very impatient.

Some ?s - do DO recommendations really help in the application process

Does the fact that my supplementals just got in by late Feb lower my chances?

why are they taking so... long?

I'm a bit fustrated

Members don't see this ad.

You still have a strong possibilty. I know someone who interviews at NYCOM in May last year and she was accepted a week before classes in August. My best advice is to keep calling the admissions office. Ask them where your application stands. They are very nice people at most admissions offices. Hope that helped.

I think NYCOM would send out letters to you 4-6 weeks after the interview. If you didn't receive any lettere, there may be something else. Call and talk to Director of Admissions (Mr. Michael Schaefer).

Members don't see this ad :)
If you can get a DO letter it's definitely a plus. I would still get one and send it in. You might also call and inquire the admissions office. It's really un-like NYCOM to not respond in 2-3 weeks regarding your admission status. The worst case scenario is that they misplaced your files so you better call and ask them. I remember two years ago I was getting impatient two weeks after my interview that I called them to check if everything was ok. Even after I got in I had to make sure all my letters/transcripts/other stuff was complete. You can never be too careful.

When I was interviewed at NYCOM, I didn't hear anything for a while. I called twice a week and all I got was that my application way pending. It turns out that they had "misplaced" my file. Of course it took a bunch of phone calls to finally figure it out, and luckily, it wasn't too late. I say keep calling and see if they can give you an update on your situation.