DO waitlist support thread 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know, what have they been doing since June 2019?
No idea lol. I emailed them to see what was up with the wl and they send back literally the same generic email Everytime

Members don't see this ad.

Today there was movement reported at
LMU Harrogate campus, DMU, NSU, UIWSOM, and Western Lebanon.

Edit: Movement at BCOM reported as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
No idea lol. I emailed them to see what was up with the wl and they send back literally the same generic email Everytime
All we can do is wait. I’m in the same boat. I found it odd that they still have iis being sent out when there’s people on the wl.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got accepted into my top choice, there is definitely still some movement :D

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Congrats! There was also reported movement at ARCOM today.
Movements are definitely there, just that they are quite slow. Personally I am not a big fan of getting a new acceptance this close to start date but since it is my top choice I don't really mind much. However, if you guys are accepted now, be ready to rush all of the paperwork/vaccinations/TB tests out.

Reactions: 2 users
Today there was movement at SHSC, ARCOM, and Western Lebanon (congrats to @zNoodlez!!!) Apparently KYCOM is still offering interviews.

edit: typo

Last edited:
I know it’s still early in the day but I’ll update in an edit later if anything changes.

Today there was movement reported at KYCOM, PCOM Georgia and Pennsylvania, CUSOM, and NYITCOM.

At least 5 people reported getting II’s today from NSU. Two of those users reported that they had previously been rejected pre-II with official notice. I’m starting to think COVID may have had a larger impact on admissions than schools are letting on or maybe it’s just something about the year 2020.

edit: Movement at ICOM and KCU Joplin campus reported today (6/5).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I know it’s still early in the day but I’ll update in an edit later if anything changes.

Today there was movement reported at KYCOM, PCOM Georgia and Pennsylvania, CUSOM, and NYITCOM.

At least 5 people reported getting II’s today from NSU. Two of those users reported that they had previously been rejected pre-II with official notice. I’m starting to think COVID may have had a larger impact on admissions than schools are letting on or maybe it’s just something about the year 2020.

Can confirm... denied 4/20, II today. Feels weird mans and womans

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There was movement reported over the weekend at Touro Harlem and Touro California, this was the first movement reported on SDN for Touro Cali. A user also reported that they were accepted from the accepted pending seat list at RVU UT last week.

Just popping in to say I did get accepted into NYIT COM!
I'm still do the onboarding stuff but I got in! thank God!

Reactions: 10 users
New week folks. Let’s hope it’s this week for us. :(

Reactions: 9 users
Just popping in to say I did get accepted into NYIT COM!
I'm still do the onboarding stuff but I got in! thank God!

Hey congrats! You were so active on SDN that it was really interesting to watch! It was like a story unfolding.

• Love
Just got accepted off the wl for chsu!

• Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Pulled my name off the waitlist for PNWU, LECOM and WesternU Lebanon. Good luck everyone on those lists. Still holding out hope that KCU calls/emails me.

Today there was movement reported at LMU-Knoxville campus and CHSU.

edit after 5pm PST: Acceptance at Western-Lebanon and Pomona

Last edited:
Really thought there would be more movement today. Hoping we hear good news later this week/month!

Calling it in early, there was no movement reported today.

Edit: movement at TCOM as reported by user below. Movement at Rowan on 6/9 but reported the next day. Also BCOM, missed that one from an early morning poster. My mistake.

NSU is still sending out interview invites, looks like the interviews will be taking place next week.

Last edited:
My friend received a deferred acceptance today from TCOM!

Reactions: 3 users
The deferred acceptance is given when they over-accept, correct?
Usually, but this one is due to COVID-19. The school is offering a few deferred acceptances because they know the financial burden that some re-applicants will face if they lost their job due to the pandemic. Instead of making them spend money and time on re-applying this cycle or next cycle if they can't afford it this year, they are giving them a spot for next year's class.

Usually, but this one is due to COVID-19. The school is offering a few deferred acceptances because they know the financial burden that some re-applicants will face if they lost their job due to the pandemic. Instead of making them spend money and time on re-applying this cycle or next cycle if they can't afford it this year, they are giving them a spot for next year's class.
Does this mean that they are prioritizing individuals on the WL without another acceptance?

Does this mean that they are prioritizing individuals on the WL without another acceptance?

Yup! The MD school that offered me a deferred acceptance said in the email it was for applicants without an acceptance.

I was in a DO program already and they didn’t know since those two services don’t communicate (except if their both TMDSAS schools).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Yesterday there was movement at NSU, Rowan, VCOM Carolinas, Western Pomona, and ATSU SOMA. A user also reported an acceptance at Touro Harlem sometime during this week. There was no movement reported today.

Reactions: 3 users
Just wanted to ask cuz this is my first cycle but do these schools ever send rejections to those on waitlists or just waiting without hearing anything until after their orientation is over?

Depends on the school. Some will tell you, others have silent rs
Just wanted to ask cuz this is my first cycle but do these schools ever send rejections to those on waitlists or just waiting without hearing anything until after their orientation is over?

I emailed admissions at my school about waitlist movement and the new traffic rules. She said this about people with acceptances at other schools. "it supposed to be that DO schools don't make an offer to a student that has already started at another DO school." Hopefully this isnt true... Would suck for those of us who hold acceptances but are holding out for our top choice schools.

I emailed admissions at my school about waitlist movement and the new traffic rules. She said this about people with acceptances at other schools. "it supposed to be that DO schools don't make an offer to a student that has already started at another DO school." Hopefully this isnt true... Would suck for those of us who hold acceptances but are holding out for our top choice schools.
So as long as the school we have been accepted at hasn’t started yet, we are still considered by our top choice?

So as long as the school we have been accepted at hasn’t started yet, we are still considered by our top choice?

Beats me. My top choice is horrible at responding to waitlisters lol.

That doesn’t sound right lol. I guess that makes it important to let your top choice school know that they are your top choice

Today there was movement reported at LMU Harrogate campus, LECOM Erie, and PCOM Georgia campus.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

are there any major movement times coming up or is that just wishful thinking

I’m not sure tbh. MD applicants on WLs are expecting for there to be some movement after June 15th since that’s when some allopathic schools have a “commit to enroll date”, that could have some effect on DO WL movement if people get into their MD choice and give up DO seats.

There are also 3 school specific threads where users have reported they are still interviewing this month. If those people get accepted and are holding seats at other schools then that’s also a factor to consider in movement.

We’re going to continue to have WL movement throughout the next two months but between the pandemic and the above mentioned, I’m not sure if we can predict any major movement times. Don’t lose hope though!

Reactions: 7 users