Do you need to pass step 2 cs before starting intern year (AMG)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyTeddy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently found out that unfortunately, I failed my step 2 cs. This was a huge shock to me as I’m a 4th yr student at a well regarded US medical school and have done well with SPs throughout my clerkship and sub internships. I’m not terribly worried about the match because all the rank order lists have already been submitted at this point, but I am worried if I’ll be able to start intern year without a passing grade in Step 2 CS. Does anybody know if prelim med or transitional year programs in Pennsylvania require passing Step 2 CS prior to starting? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think passing CS is required before the start of intern. Without it you cannot practice as an intern I believe. Did you get an email that you are SOAP eligible today? If you fully match next week, you just need to retake it and pass it before the intern begins. I would contact your internship program. Passing CS is required at my med school to graduate so you may want to contact your own med school to ensure you graduate in a timely manner.

Yup got the notification that I’m SOAP eligible. Thankfully my med school does not require passing to graduate, but still unclear about Prelim/TYs and Step 2 CS scores

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.