Do you think the following is a wide spread problem or just an isolated case?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevin.Mero

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Pharmacy owner gets jail time for $1.5M kickback scheme with NY hospital employee"

The owner of a New York pharmacy was sentenced to six months in jail for participating in a $1.5 million Medicaid kickback scheme with a former hospital employee from East Meadow, N.Y.-based Nassau University Medical Center, according to the New York State Office of the Attorney General.

Arkady Goldin, owner of Lynbrook, N.Y.-based Value Pharmacy, pleaded guilty to healthcare fraud June 8. Authorities accused Mr. Goldin of defrauding the state's Medicaid program for $1.5 million as part of a kickback arrangement with a former NUMC employee. The former hospital employee pleaded guilty to unlawfully accepting Medicaid kickbacks earlier in the investigation.

A.G. Underwood And Comptroller DiNapoli Announce Jail Sentence For Queens Pharmacy Owner Who Stole Over $1.5 Million From Medicaid | New York State Attorney General

Members don't see this ad.

You sure post a lot of headline stories.

This seems to be very isolated. I’ve never seen anything like this in my time working. The punishments for these kinds of actions tend to be harsh enough to strongly discourage people who would take advantage.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm always amazed to hear these stories, I don't know if it's arrogance or stupidity that these people don't think they will get caught (probably both.)

Reactions: 1 users