Do you think you'll meet your wife/husband in med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My girl must not have pointy elbows and eyes spread too far apart. If I find a girl like that, then yes I shall let her marry me.

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely think that the type of women I am interested in will be in medical school. I like driven, compassionate people, with emphasis on the driven. However, I doubt that there will be time to kindle/maintain a relationship in medical school or residency.
I guess I'm just torturing myself with forbidden fruit by going to medical school.

If emma watson goes to medical school then i will meet my future wife in medical school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely think that the type of women I am interested in will be in medical school. I like driven, compassionate people, with emphasis on the driven. However, I doubt that there will be time to kindle/maintain a relationship in medical school or residency.
I guess I'm just torturing myself with forbidden fruit by going to medical school.

I always wondered if anyone knew of relationships that started in medical school and ended in a long-term relationship or dare i say "marriage"

Not at all. Many medical students date their peers.

1326808161.jpg

I always wondered if anyone knew of relationships that started in medical school and ended in a long-term relationship or dare i say "marriage"

My PI at the Children's Hospital where I researched married his medical school girlfriend. Of course it happens.

I hope I meet a nice girl someday. I'm not waiting till medical school, residency etc. If it happens, it happens. I'm not gonna let school, work ruin that. I would love to meet a woman outside of health care / medicine all together. Even though the pro is they understand what you're going through, I just like to come home to my wife and not have to talk about work. Hear her day, eat her food and giver her a nice compliment. I think a lot of men forget that and take it for granted.

I hope I meet a nice girl someday. I'm not waiting till medical school, residency etc. If it happens, it happens. I'm not gonna let school, work ruin that. I would love to meet a woman outside of health care / medicine all together. Even though the pro is they understand what you're going through, I just like to come home to my wife and not have to talk about work. Hear her day, eat her food and giver her a nice compliment. I think a lot of men forget that and take it for granted.

true words my man. I'm with you on what you say.

I thought the whole point of med school was getting a trophy wife...

I thought the whole point of med school was getting a trophy wife...

...or in a woman's case, telling Disney to go **** themselves and buying their "prince charming"

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
How much would you pay?

4 pesos.

The doctor I shadowed basically told me her first husband was a charming gold digger but at least he wasn't an eye sore.

Personally, wouldn't do it. Beauty fades and rather quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by the negative 1
Marriage? No thanks. There's been too much relationship drama in my life already.

All I need is some strong scotch whisky and a loyal dog.

Best answer I have read so far.:D

Agree.

I have had a boyfriend for the past ~4 years who is going to get his PhD when I get my MD. We will both start grad/med school next year at the same time, hopefully. I wonder how it will turn out when he's working on his research and I'm studying for Step 1.. rather not think about it now.:scared:

Ah, cool. You're planning to find one of the five women left in America who still think their job is to stay home all day and clean the house and cook meals for their man. G'luck with that...

Not too fond of the idea of getting married, but any future partner of mine should at least have a few brain cells to rub together. :D

4 pesos.

The doctor I shadowed basically told me her first husband was a charming gold digger but at least he wasn't an eye sore.

Personally, wouldn't do it. Beauty fades and rather quickly

I disagree, these days you can buy beauty, just look at all the anti-wrinkle commercials.

And personally, 4 reals (Brazilian); I'm gonna go shop for models in Rio de Janeiro. If Tom Brady did it then why can't I?

:laugh: :thumbup:

In all seriousness, maybe? I wouldn't turn it down, but nor will I actively search for a SO gleaned from my med class. The upper classmen, that's perhaps a different story...

He doesn't have to be in medicine, either - I've got a certain fondness for engineers.

:laugh: :thumbup:

In all seriousness, maybe? I wouldn't turn it down, but nor will I actively search for a SO gleaned from my med class. The upper classmen, that's perhaps a different story...

He doesn't have to be in medicine, either - I've got a certain fondness for engineers.

Ahem... I'm an engineer, and I'm currently applying to med school. But I'm not one for online dating.

I met my wife in medical school. My best friend met his wife, a nurse, while on his hospital rotations. If there was hope for us, there's hope for anyone!

Yea I prefer not to go out with/marry one in healthcare as well. It is nice to have somebody who is into other things, expand my horizon and teach me something new. Plus I think women in healthcare, or any kind of competitive work environment that is traditionally dominated by men, have higher tendency of being one of those who walk around with a huge chip on their shoulders and always in the mode of proving that if men can do it they can do it too. Those women really put me off. Hell, I don't even like being friends with guys like that :laugh:

Ah, cool. You're planning to find one of the five women left in America who still think their job is to stay home all day and clean the house and cook meals for their man. G'luck with that...

Did I say I want a wife who stays home, cook and clean etc? No, it was an example. I'm just saying if some point in our relationship she cooks me food, I'll eat it, she got doll up for me I'll give her compliment and listen to her story.

Last edited:
Are there even hot girls in medical school? And by hot, I mean 8/10+?

inb4 "its not about looks"

I think so :-D

But then again I am still on the fence about medicine... :laugh:

I happen to believe it's likely med students meet their spouses in med school or residency because they don't really end up having any other choice. The pool shrinks when you go from undergrad to medical school and medical school to residency. Girls with their biological clocks and all can become quite willing to settle.

I happen to believe it's likely med students meet their spouses in med school or residency because they don't really end up having any other choice. The pool shrinks when you go from undergrad to medical school and medical school to residency. Girls with their biological clocks and all can become quite willing to settle.

It's everyone's fondest dream to find a woman willing to settle!

the hell

Side note: I've noticed a lot more women wanting to spend time with me since I started back to school on the pre-med path. Gotta make sure they're doing it because they respect your ambition, not because they're gold diggers. Fair warning...

for every girl who settles due to biological clock there is another yummy 20-22 years old around the corners. the pool is actually expanding for men lmao