Do you wear crocs when you are in scrubs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
crocs, or anything close to these style or shape shoes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo uglyyyyyyyyyyy and I would neveerrrrrr wear these anywhere,,,I MEAN IT!!!! a good solid sneaker will protect you from fluids and support your ankles and feet after long hrs standing,,,those crocs can easily twist your ankle and provide 0 support

i hear the caribe is shaping up. thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Crocs with holes in them are not allowed in the OR I work at. Sometimes it is harder to find the ones without holes but, they are out there. As I said above the reasons for buying crocs are:
1) Cheap (20-30 bucks)
2) Super comfortable
3) Pretty water resistant, also can be easily cleaned with wipes
Most importantly, the closed cell foam material that Crocs are mad of do not retain odors.

noooooooooooooo

for me, any kind of plastic shoes do not offer enough arch support and my feet get sore after 1 hr of standing...tried the plastic gardening shoes in anatomy lab and ended up switching to danskos...now I will never go back. Dansko professionals provide perfect arch support, feel like slippers and you can wear them for hours without discomfort. they are worth the money for me to be comfortable IMO. They are also great for walking in icy conditions w/ the no-skid bottoms. I have a pair of the brown oiled leather ones that I have had for a few yrs, they seemed to have lasted pretty well (not worn every day mind you)...but I think I'd like to get some in that cool reddish-black leather I've seen around for when I start MSIII rotations in a few weeks. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I definately think apparel is an important topic. I have gotten a lot of info out of this conversation.

But no one has addressed what kind of underwear is good in the hospital. I personally have been a boxer-brief man for as long as I can remember. Now, should I switch it up or stay the course?

I definately think apparel is an important topic. I have gotten a lot of info out of this conversation.

But no one has addressed what kind of underwear is good in the hospital. I personally have been a boxer-brief man for as long as I can remember. Now, should I switch it up or stay the course?

Boxer-briefs are better, especially if you're wearing scrubs.

Dansko Professional

They also have clogs, but I like the ones with the back. Great arch support, not too hot, made to stand in. Buy them a little large so they don't get tight when your feet swell, and get some good medium cushioned socks.

You'll never look back at athletic shoes!

That's great and all, but do they come in Men's? I have seen dudes try to pull off the "Manskos" look and it looks like they're wearing their sister's shoes.

Crocs rule. Closed toe, closed heel and look great with slacks.

:cool::thumbup:

Last edited: