DO Does 3 weeks make a difference when applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDoc91

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about holding off on submitting my application until June 1st when I get my final transcript. This means DO schools would get my application about 3 weeks later than I originally planned. If they get my application by July 10th-ish, is this still considered early? Or am I better off submitting it the 3 weeks earlier?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm thinking about holding off on submitting my application until June 1st when I get my final transcript. This means DO schools would get my application about 3 weeks later than I originally planned. If they get my application by July 10th-ish, is this still considered early? Or am I better off submitting it the 3 weeks earlier?

I don't think it will make much of a difference since it's still relatively early. I'm assuming that you're considering holding off your submission because you want to apply with a higher GPA and/or display the courses you've taken. Another option is just submitting when you originally planned and once you get your final transcript, just send that out to the schools that you've applied to.

I don't think it will make much of a difference since it's still relatively early. I'm assuming that you're considering holding off your submission because you want to apply with a higher GPA and/or display the courses you've taken. Another option is just submitting when you originally planned and once you get your final transcript, just send that out to the schools that you've applied to.
Yes exactly. Before this final grade, my sGPA will be 3.18...but after my final grade I will have a 3.22 sGPA, and I know 3.2 is the cut off for a lot of schools. If I chose to send the transcript directly to schools after I submitted, it would cost about $150 and I would have to keep track of ~17 transcripts, making sure they are all delivered and my application is updated. It just seems like it makes more sense to wait and send everything when my transcript is completed. I just don't want to lose an advantage if I have one within those 3 weeks.