Medical Does a traffic ticket count as criminal offense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have submitted my primary application and all of my secondary applications by now. In the section where it asked me if I ever committed a criminal offense I put "no" for all of them. However, I totally forgot and just remembered that I got a speeding ticket in Iowa last summer for going 5 mph over the limit. I am trying to get a clear answer online as to what a speeding ticket in Iowa means. Some sites say it is a "small misdemeanor" and others say that you don't get any points on your record if it is under 5 mph. I am not sure what to do. Do I contact all of my schools and tell them, explaining that I forgot? Do I bring it up during an interview/ if they offer me acceptance? Or, do I just forget about it because its simply a traffic ticket and it did not come up on a background check I quickly ran on myself? I know this sounds crazy but I don't want this to affect my me.

Thank you so much for your help!

Unless I have a misunderstanding of traffic laws, a speeding ticket isn't a criminal offense. Would be different if you were ticketed for say reckless driving or something.

Just get the ticket taken care of.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.