premed0176

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello, I am not quite sure if math classes like precalc and statistics are applied to one's science GPA. Any help would appreciated.

Dox4lyfe

2+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hello, I am not quite sure if math classes like precalc and statistics are applied to one's science GPA. Any help would appreciated.
Yes they are.

Unless it's something like "statistics in cooking" where you learn how to make perfect recipes.

Reactions: 1 user
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you are applying through AACOMAS, math classes don't apply to the sGPA. If you are applying through AMCAS, they do apply to the BCPM GPA. TMDSAS also has a BCPM GPA.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Max98

2+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2017
It does apply to the science gpa since its part of bpcm subjects which is biology, physics, chemistry, and math

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

premed0176

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
If you are applying through AACOMAS, math classes don't apply to the sGPA. If you are applying through AMCAS, they do apply to the BCPM GPA. TMDSAS also has a BCPM GPA.
Thanks for the reply! Could you briefly explain the difference between AMCAS and AACOMAS?

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Just to expand on this

AMCAS/MD: GPA is separated into BCPM (Bio, Chem, Physics, Math) and AO (All Other)
AACOMAS/DO: GPA is separated into SCIENCE (includes all science such as Bio, Chem, Physics, Earth Science, etc) and NON-SCIENCE, which includes all Math

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.