Does Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science count as Science or Non-Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

INC15

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took 3 classes that classify as Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science and the course name was PSCYTRY 199. I am unsure if that classifies as science or non-science because behavioral health is listed as a non-science whereas biobehavioral health is listed as "other science". This would make a difference in my AACOMAS scgpa so I would like to know if any of you know what it counts for. Thank you.
 
I took 3 classes that classify as Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science and the course name was PSCYTRY 199. I am unsure if that classifies as science or non-science because behavioral health is listed as a non-science whereas biobehavioral health is listed as "other science". This would make a difference in my AACOMAS scgpa so I would like to know if any of you know what it counts for. Thank you.

I did a quick search on AACOM"s site. Took 2 minutes. Yes your biobehavioral will count towards your science gpa.

http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacomas...-process/grade-point-averages-gpas/index.html
 
Last edited:
I took 3 classes that classify as Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science and the course name was PSCYTRY 199. I am unsure if that classifies as science or non-science because behavioral health is listed as a non-science whereas biobehavioral health is listed as "other science". This would make a difference in my AACOMAS scgpa so I would like to know if any of you know what it counts for. Thank you.

What department was this class in? Not enough details.