Does Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science count as Science or Non-Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

INC15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took 3 classes that classify as Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science and the course name was PSCYTRY 199. I am unsure if that classifies as science or non-science because behavioral health is listed as a non-science whereas biobehavioral health is listed as "other science". This would make a difference in my AACOMAS scgpa so I would like to know if any of you know what it counts for. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I took 3 classes that classify as Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Science and the course name was PSCYTRY 199. I am unsure if that classifies as science or non-science because behavioral health is listed as a non-science whereas biobehavioral health is listed as "other science". This would make a difference in my AACOMAS scgpa so I would like to know if any of you know what it counts for. Thank you.

I did a quick search on AACOM"s site. Took 2 minutes. Yes your biobehavioral will count towards your science gpa.

http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacomas...-process/grade-point-averages-gpas/index.html

Last edited:

What department was this class in? Not enough details.