Don't lost hope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh:, maybe in your own dream world does that happen. AA pretty much supports lazy asses period. I was at Columbia dental for a semester. The average DAT score is a 22 there. I know one black girl with a 17 that got accepted and I also know a mexican guy in that class as well. Thats AA for you. Yeah I know you "support" AA only when there is a "tie" but that never ever happens. AA DOES NOT SUPPORT WHAT YOU SUPPORT. What AA does is give lazy asses an "free" handout. AA is just like welfare, food stamps, medicare, etc. THEY ALL SUPPORT LAZY ASSES.

No, I am not arrogrant, I just work hard for what I have. I don't need any free things thrown in my face. Unlike people on welfare that justs want to sit on their asses all day and eat, I actually have a job! Imagine that! :laugh:

But yeah, I know you "WISH" AA supports ties, but it just supports laziness. :rolleyes:

Even if you dont like AA. It exists and some of us are happy it exists. If you dont like it, thats your business. There are a lot of people who have seen their lives change and have renewed hope due to AA. There was serious discrimnation in the past as there is today, even though it has lessened. AA gives them a chance at their dream. If Grandpa and Grandma had treated everyone equally then maybe AA wouldnt even exist at all. Yes you dont like food stamps and i like it. I like it because i believe a poor person should not go hungry. I believe that medicare is important because it avoids the spread of diseases and keeps the nation healthy. If you dont like the fact that people are using medicare , maybe you need to chill out. Medicare is important for everyone. I also believe that to bring people out of poverty, you need to help them get to their feet. We dont need people sleeping under bridges.

Even if everyone went out to get a job, there will still be unemployment. I assume you call the unmployed lazy asses too huh? The 8 million unemployed people are lazy asses according to you. There are people out there who have legitimately tried but havent succeeded. I suppose they are lazy asses according to you. Man, you are simply arrogant. Admit your arrogance and ignorance. You shouldnt be calling people a drain on the society. You dont even know their personal stories.

I know that according to you racism does not exist. I also know that according to you, AA supports lazy URMs.

For your information, there is no one who gets admitted if the adcom doesnt think you'll succeed. The adcoms dont admit lazy people.

Also if you think a black graduate and a white graduate have equal chances at employment. Then you are dreaming. We all know the chances are not equal.

Without AA, we will see such discrepancies. In the past minorites were not even allowed to mingle around white kids. Its hard a pill to swallow but its true. This are some reasons why Hisoricall black colleges sprang up. The adcoms were clearly discrimintating. AA solves this problem.

You said AA supports laziness. Let me also add

AA also prevents some of those crazy racists from doing what they love doing. With AA, we have handled that trashy attitude that some people may have

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Even if you dont like AA. It exists and some of us are happy it exists. If you dont like it, thats your business. There are a lot of people who have seen their lives change and have renewed hope due to AA. There was serious discrimnation in the past as there is today, even though it has lessened. AA gives them a chance at their dream. If Grandpa and Grandma had treated everyone equally then maybe AA wouldnt even exist at all. Yes you dont like food stamps and i like it. I like it because i believe a poor person should not go hungry. I believe that medicare is important because it avoids the spread of diseases and keeps the nation healthy. If you dont like the fact that people are using medicare , maybe you need to chill out. Medicare is important for everyone. I also believe that to bring people out of poverty, you need to help them get to their feet. We dont need people sleeping under bridges.

Even if everyone went out to get a job, there will still be unemployment. I assume you call the unmployed lazy asses too huh? The 8 million unemployed people are lazy asses according to you. There are people out there who have legitimately tried but havent succeeded. I suppose they are lazy asses according to you. Man, you are simply arrogant. Admit your arrogance and ignorance. You shouldnt be calling people a drain on the society. You dont even know their personal stories.

I know that according to you racism does not exist. I also know that according to you, AA supports lazy URMs.

For your information, there is no one who gets admitted if the adcom doesnt think you'll succeed. The adcoms dont admit lazy people.

Also if you think a black graduate and a white graduate have equal chances at employment. Then you are dreaming. We all know the chances are not equal.

Without AA, we will see such discrepancies. In the past minorites were not even allowed to mingle around white kids. Its hard a pill to swallow but its true. This are some reasons why Hisoricall black colleges sprang up. The adcoms were clearly discrimintating. AA solves this problem.

You said AA supports laziness. Let me also add

AA also prevents some of those crazy racists from doing what they love doing. With AA, we have handled that trashy attitude that some peo2)ple may have

1) I have already mentioned before that I don't care about AA, yes it use to bother me, but not anymore b/c I have already realized that I do can anything I want to in life so why do I care how other people live? I don't.

2) Its not only annoying but silly to bring back things that happened a million years ago. Okay I know things use to be unfair, but its the PAST, please just let it go. I mean I remember when I was in middle school, some kid stole my tennis shoes etc. yeah its not fair, yeah it sucks, but its the PAST get OVER IT!!!! why do people keep on bringing up **** thats doesn't even matter anymore? :rolleyes:

3) medicaid (NOT medicare) does support lazniess. It supports a group of lazy people presently and encourages people not to work. I mean why work if you can just sit on your ass all day and get free money??? If OTHER PEOPLE can work and get a job why can't mediaid people? they are a drain on society b/c without them the taxes will dramatically decrease. :laugh:

Medicaid is a whole 'nother thread.

Preggo mom with three kids in the $40,000 SUV, drinking a $4.65 venti latte, with $750 Chanel sunglasses on whining about a $13 co-pay on Adderall, and simultaneously filling Rx's for depressants so the kids will sleep after being hopped up all day...

Alrighty then.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) I have already mentioned before that I don't care about AA, yes it use to bother me, but not anymore b/c I have already realized that I do can anything I want to in life so why do I care how other people live? I don't.

2) Its not only annoying but silly to bring back things that happened a million years ago. Okay I know things use to be unfair, but its the PAST, please just let it go. I mean I remember when I was in middle school, some kid stole my tennis shoes etc. yeah its not fair, yeah it sucks, but its the PAST get OVER IT!!!! why do people keep on bringing up **** thats doesn't even matter anymore? :rolleyes:

3) medicaid (NOT medicare) does support lazniess. It supports a group of lazy people presently and encourages people not to work. I mean why work if you can just sit on your ass all day and get free money??? If OTHER PEOPLE can work and get a job why can't mediaid people? they are a drain on society b/c without them the taxes will dramatically decrease. :laugh:

Oh yeah, longtime ago. I see. Racism does not exist today. It existed a longtime ago. Wake up from sleep. If you think it doesnt exist today, the only reason you say so is because it doesnt affect you. I am glad you dont care about Affirmative action anymore. The only thing i have noticed from your threads is that you are self centered and dont care about other people. Thats basically it.

All your assumptions seem to hang on the fact that people who are out of work are just lazy and a drain on society. Thats arrogant as I earlier said. I know a lot of people who cant get work and depend on welfare. They dont wanna be on welfare but hardship has forced them to hang on. There are thousands of workers in cities like detroit who are on welfare and food stamps. These people have genuinely been out there looking for jobs but they havent succeeded. Man, you are just acting like an elite. you havent tasted the sour part of life yet. Go get some experience. When you are out there, you will realize that a majority of unemployed people actually want to work, but they lack job opportunitties. Thats the only reason why they are on welfare. Anyways, I am not a right wing ideologue so I guess its normal that your ideas dont show any compassion of the common everyday man.

If Grandpa and Grandma had treated everyone equally then maybe AA wouldnt even exist at all.
This is where SHC1984 got "a long time ago" from - Your own words.

No one is going to argue that racism is still alive and well in many ways, because it is.

I think you're suffering from a serious problem in your sample bias of welfare, though. Just because you know "some people" who are "hard-working" and looking for jobs but have to exist on welfare doesn't mean even 1/4, or 1/10, of people are like that. You can't generalize your anecdotal experience to the national norm. It differs vastly by geographic region, too, you know?

I know a lot of people who got laid off and now prefer to collect unemployment while wallowing in self-pity about not making $85,000 a year anymore (And guess what, while they were making that salary they were living WELL beyond their means and now pay the price for it) and refuse to get A JOB. If people would get A JOB, not just a job they are educated for, but a job that might very well be "beneath them" ,then they would no longer be unemployed. Subway right around the corner is hiring two full-time employees. That sign has been there for 3 weeks. People do not want to work if they could just collect unemployment and then welfare. That isn't just Sacramento. There are jobs EVERYWHERE!!! EVERY FRIKKING WHERE. The problem, Jason, is that folks either lived beyond their means (hello CC debt and way too many possessions, children, etc) and/or cannot imagine themselves doing menial labor again because "they paid their dues." This is evident across the country.

We are breeding a society of lazy, entitled good-for-nothings and in 20 to 30 years, TAP's prediction of who will inherit the Earth will come to pass.

As long as the government rewards laziness and stupidity, that's what we'll get. Human beings are excellent abusers of advantage. Ever hear that phrase, "Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile"? Yeah. Apply it here. You may not be a right-wing ideologist, buy you are an ideologist of your own type. You are only looking at things through some optimistic, naive rose-colored lens because your parents are paying for your entire education. You believe this elevates you to a status where you can somehow see things better than everyone else. Guess what? Americans are abusing unemployment and social welfare programs and we're paying the price. You'll see it when you work at a pharmacy too. Day in, day out. I hope some day you get some life experience. YOu're talking about SHC1984 never seeing the sour part of life, you're chiding her for that, yet Bank of Mum and Dad are writing the check for your entire pharmacy education (As you admitted freely). Nice!

And can we please get mandatory birth control for people on unemployment and welfare? Thanks.

I don't see why anyone should be ashamed at collecting unemployment. People paid into the fund so there would be money in the event of a job loss. They take that out of your paycheck. It is basically an insurance policy that you pay for. I think it is like criticizing someone who has a house fire for taking the insurance money to pay a contractor to rebuild rather than doing the work themselves. Why should they when they paid out this money to rebuild in the event of that loss?

And taking just any job in the event of a job loss isn't necessarily a smart thing to do. If this job doesn't come close to covering your expenses but leaves you with no time to make the phone calls you need to or time to go to interviews, how is that a good decision? Sometimes it is better to collect unemployment (which the worker paid for) and spend that time searching for a job that will pay the bills.

JasonBourne, I am still waiting for you to address my previous post on how there is rarely (if ever) an actual 'tie'. You have not, so I am beginning to believe you simply cannot refute it.

Medicaid is a whole 'nother thread.

Preggo mom with three kids in the $40,000 SUV, drinking a $4.65 venti latte, with $750 Chanel sunglasses on whining about a $13 co-pay on Adderall, and simultaneously filling Rx's for depressants so the kids will sleep after being hopped up all day...

Alrighty then.

Sounds like my kinda woman!!

This is where SHC1984 got "a long time ago" from - Your own words.

No one is going to argue that racism is still alive and well in many ways, because it is.

I think you're suffering from a serious problem in your sample bias of welfare, though. Just because you know "some people" who are "hard-working" and looking for jobs but have to exist on welfare doesn't mean even 1/4, or 1/10, of people are like that. You can't generalize your anecdotal experience to the national norm. It differs vastly by geographic region, too, you know?

I know a lot of people who got laid off and now prefer to collect unemployment while wallowing in self-pity about not making $85,000 a year anymore (And guess what, while they were making that salary they were living WELL beyond their means and now pay the price for it) and refuse to get A JOB. If people would get A JOB, not just a job they are educated for, but a job that might very well be "beneath them" ,then they would no longer be unemployed. Subway right around the corner is hiring two full-time employees. That sign has been there for 3 weeks. People do not want to work if they could just collect unemployment and then welfare. That isn't just Sacramento. There are jobs EVERYWHERE!!! EVERY FRIKKING WHERE. The problem, Jason, is that folks either lived beyond their means (hello CC debt and way too many possessions, children, etc) and/or cannot imagine themselves doing menial labor again because "they paid their dues." This is evident across the country.

We are breeding a society of lazy, entitled good-for-nothings and in 20 to 30 years, TAP's prediction of who will inherit the Earth will come to pass.

As long as the government rewards laziness and stupidity, that's what we'll get. Human beings are excellent abusers of advantage. Ever hear that phrase, "Give them an inch, and they'll take a mile"? Yeah. Apply it here. You may not be a right-wing ideologist, buy you are an ideologist of your own type. You are only looking at things through some optimistic, naive rose-colored lens because your parents are paying for your entire education. You believe this elevates you to a status where you can somehow see things better than everyone else. Guess what? Americans are abusing unemployment and social welfare programs and we're paying the price. You'll see it when you work at a pharmacy too. Day in, day out. I hope some day you get some life experience. YOu're talking about SHC1984 never seeing the sour part of life, you're chiding her for that, yet Bank of Mum and Dad are writing the check for your entire pharmacy education (As you admitted freely). Nice!

And can we please get mandatory birth control for people on unemployment and welfare? Thanks.

My point is being missed again. I said to SHC that calling others a drain to society is not cool. SHC is assuming that everyone on welfare doesnt want to work. I dont believe that. A majority of such people may want to work but there are no opportunities. There are workers in Detroit and many other cities on welfare. Most of these people have looked for work but havent obtained jobs. That doesnt mean that they want to be lazy or they want to abuse the system. The amswer is straight foward, they arent any jobs for them. Millions of jobs are being outsourced. You said some have abused the system. I totally agree. However the number of people who are really looking for jobs are by far greater than does who abuse the system. It doesnt mean you should generalize that they are all lazy. At least, we dont expect people to sleep under bridges, or stay out in cold winters.

Yes, my parents are paying my tuition and fees and i am proud of it. I am also proud of the fact that even though I am not in financial trouble, i still believe in fighting for the average guy on the street who is struggling. It shows that i am not like some people who do not even understand the implications of being a poor person. I learned it at church, among friends and i am proud of it. By the way, I have tasted it myself. The fact that my parents pay my tuition now doesnt mean they were able to so the same 5 or 10 years ago. dont get it twisted buddy. All my life, I always try to make sure that I can use my blessings to try to help those who struggle. A lot of well off people wouldnt even care.

Even if everybody had to get up and look for a job, I guarantee you that there would still be unemployment. There are many companies that are shipping jobs abroad. The jobs are leaving and that is an underlying cause of unemployment. So it doesnt mean that because many people dont like welfare, we should stop it. Its good to put yourself in other people's shoes b4 labeling them as lazy.

Oh Mandatory birth control for people on welfare and unemployment.

Last edited:
However the number of people who are really looking for jobs are by far greater than does who abuse the system

Does that statement have a source other than your ass?

Come out of your rich boy stasis - The system is abused and no matter how long you want to cover your ears and eyes and scream "LALALALALA" and pretend that America is full of hard-working people who are in Detroit and got laid off (Who were still living beyond their means, why doesn't anyone care about that anymore - Personality responsibility is gone from this society).

Does that statement have a source other than your ass?

Come out of your rich boy stasis - The system is abused and no matter how long you want to cover your ears and eyes and scream "LALALALALA" and pretend that America is full of hard-working people who are in Detroit and got laid off (Who were still living beyond their means, why doesn't anyone care about that anymore - Personality responsibility is gone from this society).

Yep, America if full of hardworking people. Yep, i also know that my family is blessed. We have been together through thick and thin. I am also proud that i understand what goes on in the lives of other people. Even if everybody went out to get a job, there will be people who would be unemployed

Can you prove that the people on welfare dont want to work?
Its people like you who climb up the ladder, and then totally forget about the little guy. 8 million people are receiving checks now. It was never like that b4. It shows that these people are genuinely working hard. they have lost their jobs and need employment, thats why the government gives them checks. Insulting them as lazy people is totally arrogant. the number of people you claim are abusing the system is nothing when compared to the number of people who have lost their jobs and cant find work. Do you mean to tell me that the 8 million unemployed folks dont want to work. Go watch some CNN. The proof is there. There was a school in OHIO that needed a janitor. They had hundreds of applications just for that position. It shows that Americans are hardworking people. they dont slack off. You have no clue. You talk about CC debt. It is due to predatory pratices. Thats what happens when lobbyists are writing the bills in washington. They preyed on people by stripping out regulations. If you make 50000 a year, why should i give you a CC with a limit of , lets say above 10000. the people who wrote these bills just wanted to trap people so they will collect interests for years. Thats the source of the problem. they caused the problem and are now tryna blame people who default on payments .

Last edited:
Yep, America if full of hardworking people. Yep, i also know that my family is blessed. We have been together through thick and thin. I am also proud that i understand what goes on in the lives of other people. Even if everybody went out to get a job, there will be people who would be unemployed

Can you prove that the people on welfare dont want to work?
Its people like you who climb up the ladder, and then totally forget about the little guy. 8 million people are receiving checks now. It was never like that b4. It shows that these people are genuinely working hard. they have lost their jobs and need employment, thats why the government gives them checks. Insulting them as lazy people is totally arrogant. You have no clue. You talk about CC debt. It is due to predatory pratices. Thats what happens when lobbyists are writing the bills in washington. They preyed on people.

Yeah, I definitely served in the military because I don't care about "the little people."

Give me a break. You've had the entire silver spoon platinum package for your entire life and you're trying to lecture about LIFE EXPERIENCE??

You win, I am not as well-endowed in idiocy as you are.

Yeah, I definitely served in the military because I don't care about "the little people."

Give me a break. You've had the entire silver spoon platinum package for your entire life and you're trying to lecture about LIFE EXPERIENCE??

You win, I am not as well-endowed in idiocy as you are.

I am proud of the life experiences I have had. I am not rich, I am blessed. I have tasted life from the lens of both sides. You cant tell me nothing that i dont understand about being poor. Let me inform you that my Dad was unable to get a job for 6 years. He is a hero to me because he still came out on top.

Its interesting that the person who served in the military doesnt believe that there are struggling people out there who cant get jobs. Talking of silver spoon. I am 100% sure that you dont have any idea of the obstacles i have overcome. I am proud to be who i am. Whether i am an idiot or whatever you call me, I am proud. I am proud that unlike you, I dont mock peoples efforts by calling them lazy. I am proud that i can understand and give a helping hand to those who struggle. there are many things i am proud of. Just like you are proud of having served in the military. Its patriotic.

I can also be the proud idiot who scored high on his exams, high GPAs, and lots of ECs. Whatever you call me, you make a ridicule of yourself because an idiot will not perform as good as i did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude you are hilarious. I think i will love to also get such a woman lol

Yeah, you would think that a woman on welfare with 4 kids hopped up on stimulants and then doped down on depressants, and a bun in the oven, who is mis-managing her social welfare money, is a hard-working American who has just fallen on rough times.

I hope one day you get into a pharmacy where you get to see the underbelly of the welfare profession, because it'll open your eyes. It's a lesson mom and dad can't pay for, and one you need.

Because while I am sure there are legitimate uses for welfare, hell I totally agree with its premise, the system is rife with abuse and is, honestly, easy to abuse. There are endless cycles of welfare families who find it easier to have more and more children to collect a bigger and bigger check. If this was not an issue Agent Bourne, do you think that New Jersey would have passed a law limiting welfare payouts to 2 children? I think not.

Yeah, you would think that a woman on welfare with 4 kids hopped up on stimulants and then doped down on depressants, and a bun in the oven, who is mis-managing her social welfare money, is a hard-working American who has just fallen on rough times.

I hope one day you get into a pharmacy where you get to see the underbelly of the welfare profession, because it'll open your eyes. It's a lesson mom and dad can't pay for, and one you need.

Because while I am sure there are legitimate uses for welfare, hell I totally agree with its premise, the system is rife with abuse and is, honestly, easy to abuse. There are endless cycles of welfare families who find it easier to have more and more children to collect a bigger and bigger check. If this was not an issue Agent Bourne, do you think that New Jersey would have passed a law limiting welfare payouts to 2 children? I think not.

this Jason guy has never worked a day in his life...if he will just spent a day in Walgreens pharmacy he will know what we mean! lol...I have never in my life ever had to deal with people as trashy as the people I deal with at Walgreens. There are people on medicaid that complain about their 3 dollar copays. I am thinking in my head...well, you are techincially getting HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR FREE (or free for them...not for people who actually has a job and pays taxes:rolleyes: again I don't expect Jason, a person that has never worked in his life to understand what a job is...:laugh:) but anyways...If I was in their "shoes" I would be very happy to get HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS FOR FREE and not bit*h about the 3 dollar copay. Its just 3 dollars big deal. Not only are the lazy, but cheap as well. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and isn't even just Wag, or Walmart, or Target, or other "cheap" stores.

I see this behavior in clinical settings at the two hospitals I work/volunteer at. And at the emergency clinic I spent some hours at last month.

it's pathetic, and it's a pandemic. Forget H1N1...

Welfare abuse all of forms is completely out of control, and the people who are abusing it know exactly how to bilk the American tax payer out of more and more money every year that goes by.

jason, I respect you as a person, but you've got a lot to learn about this world if you think that "the majority" (over 50%? Please.) of Americans are using the system(s) as intended.

Like I said, we're human beings. If someone offered us $95,000/yr for the rest of our lives to do nothing, who wouldn't take it, hmmm?

The United States of Entitlement.

Edit @ SHC : They're only cheap if it isn't their SUV/big car, sunglasses, drinks, cell phones, or clothing. Then it's Neiman Marcus or nothing.

I am proud of the life experiences I have had. I am not rich, I am blessed. I have tasted life from the lens of both sides. You cant tell me nothing that i dont understand about being poor. Let me inform you that my Dad was unable to get a job for 6 years. He is a hero to me because he still came out on top.

Its interesting that the person who served in the military doesnt believe that there are struggling people out there who cant get jobs. Talking of silver spoon. I am 100% sure that you dont have any idea of the obstacles i have overcome. I am proud to be who i am. Whether i am an idiot or whatever you call me, I am proud. I am proud that unlike you, I dont mock peoples efforts by calling them lazy. I am proud that i can understand and give a helping hand to those who struggle. there are many things i am proud of. Just like you are proud of having served in the military. Its patriotic.

I can also be the proud idiot who scored high on his exams, high GPAs, and lots of ECs. Whatever you call me, you make a ridicule of yourself because an idiot will not perform as good as i did.

Passion went to Stanford and I am sure his stats are amazing. I also have high stats as well. So whats your point? :rolleyes:

I see this behavior in clinical settings at the two hospitals I work/volunteer at. And at the emergency clinic I spent some hours at last month.

Welfare abuse all of forms is completely out of control, and the people who are abusing it know exactly how to bilk the American tax payer out of more and more money every year that goes by.

jason, I respect you as a person, but you've got a lot to learn about this world if you think that "the majority" (over 50%? Please.) of Americans are using the system(s) as intended.

Like I said, we're human beings. If someone offered us $95,000/yr for the rest of our lives to do nothing, who wouldn't take it, hmmm?[/QUOTE]

:laugh: agree, I guess the government is in part to blame b/c they are making it so easy to cheap the system.

By the way Agent Bourne, I never called you an idiot, I said that the statements you make are idiotic. This does not mean I think you are stupid or an idiot. Way to fail at critical thinking, though.

And yes, our system is far, far too easy to abuse. Just listen on the street or at a pharmacy. "I need another kid, that $250 would come in handy." C'mon, it's EVERYWHERE. Not only in California, or New York, or Texas. Everywhere... Except New Jersey because they're actually DOING something about it.

And I don't talk about my stats for a reason - I want my logical, rational arguments to stand on their own without any inflation or cognitive predilection by staring at my GPA and PCAT score.

Like I said, we're human beings. If someone offered us $95,000/yr for the rest of our lives to do nothing, who wouldn't take it, hmmm?

Edit @ SHC : They're only cheap if it isn't their SUV/big car, sunglasses, drinks, cell phones, or clothing. Then it's Neiman Marcus or nothing.

They are also the most impatient people I have ever met!!! They ALWAYS go through the drive thru with nice cars, bit*h and complain for a LONG TIME, and are extremely rude/impatient. Thats medicaid/welfare patients for you. Jason has never met one before, but he will see if he ever gets a job.

Side note: I also think its extremely tacky of them to drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothes, but live in a mobile home. :laugh: I don't get people that do that...shouldn't the HOME be priority? I would rather drive a beat up car and live in a nice house.

They are also the most impatient people I have ever met!!! They ALWAYS go through the drive thru with nice cars, bit*h and complain for a LONG TIME, and are extremely rude/impatient. Thats medicaid/welfare patients for you. Jason has never met one before, but he will see if he ever gets a job.

Side note: I also think its extremely tacky of them to drive expensive cars, wear expensive clothes, but live in a mobile home. :laugh: I don't get people that do that...shouldn't the HOME be priority? I would rather drive a beat up car and live in a nice house.

How you spend your own money is of no concern to me. Personally, I prefer a nice car to an opulent home, but that's because I find a huge home to be difficult to maintain and unnecessary for a husband and a wife with no aspirations for children. A 2bdr/2bath is perfect.

How these people spend MY money, though, that's the problem here.

JasonBourne, I am still waiting for you to address my previous post on how there is rarely (if ever) an actual 'tie'. You have not, so I am beginning to believe you simply cannot refute it.

I had to go back and search for your post. From the number of posts i have here in response to most people, we definitely know that I am not trying to escape any question. Your question concerned a situation when there is a tie, and if at all such situations exist.

-I believe such situations exist. There arent going to be many but there will be some of course. I dont believe that an underqualified URM should be taken over an ORM into a school like i earlier stated on page 4. I believe it should be only in a case when there is a tie or the URM is better. Also, another thing i often emphasize is that schools should seek diversity.The make up of the school should look like the state, region, USA, should play a factor so that everyone gets a fair share. Note that seeking diversity is totally different from admitting underqualifed people. You can go back and read all my earlier posts. I have never defended cases where a URM is underqualified. If a school takes an underqualified URM over a qualified ORM, I have earlier stated that i dont support that. I dont advocate that we should take underqualifed people into the schools. However, I believe that AA is important because it promotes diversity in these institutions. B4 AA, the fact is that these schools were flooded with ORMs. A lot of URMs were not even feeling encouraged to apply because they believed that racial prejudice will automatically disqualify them. AA doesnt seek to admit more URMs than other groups, It only seeks to create a balance. If there are no URMs applying, I dont blame the school. Its nobody's fault. In cases where they apply, the school should seek to promote diversity and make sure that those URMS who are taken are as qualified as those who are ORMs.

Lemme give you one example.

-Think of an African American male who applied to a school before AA policies were implemented. He will probably not apply to a health profession school if he believes that there might be racial prejudice among adcom members. Even if he applies, he will probably think that he has no chance. AA only seeks to make sure that everyone is satisfied. One of the reasons we have historically black colleges is because Minorities were often not given a chance at education in a lot of schools. We all know that people who are victims of racial prejudice will find it hard to believe that

-The reason is that prejudice still haunts us today. Yes, I am also a victim of prejudice in numerous cases, and thats why i feel so strongly that AA is important. As recently as 2007, I was the target of hate speech. Someone wrote some disparaging racial words about me and slipped the paper inside my book. Its not the first time i have been attacked. Its happened several times in my life and maybe thats the reason i have strong opinions. The point of view i think most people miss is that many minorities often dont believe they will get a chance for admission into their dream school. Since the period when AA was implemented, many URMs believe that they also have a chance. However, we should also note that there are underqualified people from all ethnicities. Most people seem to infer that the URMs are usually the underqualified people. Its wrong to assume it in that way.

Dude, do you realize when someone is joking? You seem to have a problem with humour. Yesterday, I joked about the pregnant girl and u seemed to have an issue with the humour. Try to recognize when people are joking and when people are being serious.

Yeah... We have no idea what kind of obstacles DADDY, not you, has had to overcome. You are so much worse than the people who had to work fulltime in school and didn't have enough time to score the marks you did. And you think you have such a clear vision being 'blessed' as you put it? You think its so much clearer to you than someone like passion4sci who has ACTUALLY seen both sides and worked for it. I'm sure your dad was living off food stamps and welfare for 6 years enabled him to pay your 6 figure pharmacy school tab. You have no idea. This is the reason the poor and the rich (two opposite sides of the spectrum) love these bull**** programs. Its because the rich sleep better at night and feel that warm tingly feeling like they are helping out the people who depend on them. But the middle class doesn't care? Or maybe they are the self made men and women who worked to get where they are and don't have pity for people who didn't work their ass off like they did. And you rich people (many like you but excluding your dad maybe) didn't work for it either so of course you can sympathise. Its so easy to feel like you do when you have everything fed to you. And I'm really not trying to be too much of a ball buster because its its a great situation for you and its nice to have help. But I can't possibly take you seriously when you claim to even have the slightest clue with your personal triumps over poverty. And is that car in your picture something daddy bought you princess? Or did you take the image off google? Do you even have a job Mr. Bourne? Because commenting on this thread seems to be a full time job for you. And the reason people keep misunderstanding your responses is because your incoherent ramblings are.... well there ya go.

Passion went to Stanford and I am sure his stats are amazing. I also have high stats as well. So whats your point? :rolleyes:

Did i dispute his stats? Go read his post b4 you start sniping. He calls me an idiot and so i told him i am a proud to be whatever he calls me. I tried to let him know that an idiot will not bother to have good grades and good pcat. By the way, who cares if he went to stanford. I went to community college and i am also going to pharm school.

Dude, do you realize when someone is joking? You seem to have a problem with humour. Yesterday, I joked about the pregnant girl and u seemed to have an issue with the humour. Try to recognize when people are joking and when people are being serious.

Maybe it's because you "joke" about the most horrible things.

"Jokes" about abortion are never funny or cool, unless you're hanging out by yourself a lot.

Typically, on the Interwebz, we use emoticons to denote humour (So you're European now, too? And you call SHC1984 arrogant, please). For example,

"Man I'd LOVE a woman like that, LOL ROFLMAO :love:"

Obviously this is intended to imply to the reader my humorous intent.

There are only so many ways for forum-goers to discern what your true intentions are, so why try to cloak them any further than necessary?

And for the record, academia is the LAST PLACE AA is needed. Generally adcoms are a group of very intelligent and tolerant people. Find me one person who thinks discrimination (not reverse discrimination) is a problem in academia. If you think this is a problem you're out of your mind.

Did i dispute his stats? Go read his post b4 you start sniping. He calls me an idiot and so i told him i am a proud to be whatever he calls me. I tried to let him know that an idiot will not bother to have good grades and good pcat. By the way, who cares if he went to stanford. I went to community college and i am also going to pharm school.

For a super dude (Your name sake...) movie character, you're slow to pick up on things.

I did not call you an idiot. I said your perspective is idiotic and needs work. There's a difference.

And Stanford is better than the CC, because my Bachelor's has a big ass TREE on it. What does your AA have? :)

Yeah... We have no idea what kind of obstacles DADDY, not you, has had to overcome. You are so much worse than the people who had to work fulltime in school and didn't have enough time to score the marks you did. And you think you have such a clear vision being 'blessed' as you put it? You think its so much clearer to you than someone like passion4sci who has ACTUALLY seen both sides and worked for it. I'm sure your dad was living off food stamps and welfare for 6 years enabled him to pay your 6 figure pharmacy school tab. You have no idea. This is the reason the poor and the rich (two opposite sides of the spectrum) love these bull**** programs. Its because the rich sleep better at night and feel that warm tingly feeling like they are helping out the people who depend on them. But the middle class doesn't care? Or maybe they are the self made men and women who worked to get where they are and don't have pity for people who didn't work their ass off like they did. And you rich people (many like you but excluding your dad maybe) didn't work for it either so of course you can sympathise. Its so easy to feel like you do when you have everything fed to you. And I'm really not trying to be too much of a ball buster because its its a great situation for you and its nice to have help. But I can't possibly take you seriously when you claim to even have the slightest clue with your personal triumps over poverty. And is that car in your picture something daddy bought you princess? Or did you take the image off google? Do you even have a job Mr. Bourne? Because commenting on this thread seems to be a full time job for you. And the reason people keep misunderstanding your responses is because your incoherent ramblings are.... well there ya go.

HAHAHA, I have a job and i am proud. Are you jealous of the car? Yes I took the image of google and so what? I am proud to have stood by my belief that poor or unemployed people should not be insulted. you can keep your anti-helping people ideology.

And for the record, academia is the LAST PLACE AA is needed. Generally adcoms are a group of very intelligent and tolerant people. Find me one person who thinks discrimination (not reverse discrimination) is a problem in academia. If you think this is a problem you're out of your mind.

YES! I'm quoting myself! Trailrider... Did you just summarize why AA in academia is bull **** in 4 sentences??? I'm gonna jump in my sports car and go to the bar. Hell its not like I have to work tomorrow :laugh:. Hey I can have fun too :)

For a super dude (Your name sake...) movie character, you're slow to pick up on things.

I did not call you an idiot. I said your perspective is idiotic and needs work. There's a difference.

And Stanford is better than the CC, because my Bachelor's has a big ass TREE on it. What does your AA have? :)

Who cares apart from you if you went to stanford. I dont care if you went to stanford. I also have my own achievements. And yes, I attended community college and i am proud. I am also bound for pharm school.

HAHAHA, I have a job and i am proud. Are you jealous of the car? Yes I took the image of google and so what? I am proud to have stood by my belief that poor or unemployed people should not be insulted. you can keep your anti-helping people ideology.

Jealous? why will anyone be jealous of a car that someone else has bought for you? I have a car thats worth more then the one in the picture and guess what? I PAY FOR IT BY MYSELF. Thats something you will never be able to do. You proberly can't even PAY for your own dinner much less a car. :laugh::thumbdown:

On my entire post you were able to craft an intelligent reply informing me you have a job! Nice! Your allowance is not a job dude. And I do help people mr. bourne. I help people every day when I'm at work whether I want to or not. I also help a girl in Brazil who isn't able to see her father because he works as a cook far away from home making $60 a month working his ass off to feed his family. Oh I help people who need it. I help people despite the fact that I am thousands of dollars in debt. What I don't NECESSARILY do is help people who have more opportunities that 90% of the people in the world by just being born in this country where anything is possible if you just WORK FOR IT.

I think the source of our disagreement arises from the fact that we cant agree on whether a majority or a minority of people are abusing the system.

On my entire post you were able to craft an intelligent reply informing me you have a job! Nice! Your allowance is not a job dude. And I do help people mr. bourne. I help people every day when I'm at work whether I want to or not. I also help a girl in Brazil who isn't able to see her father because he works as a cook far away from home making $60 a month working his ass off to feed his family. Oh I help people who need it. I help people despite the fact that I am thousands of dollars in debt. What I don't NECESSARILY do is help people who have more opportunities that 90% of the people in the world by just being born in this country where anything is possible if you just WORK FOR IT.

Trailrider, the main disagreement we have is the same one i have with passion4sci. We seem not to agree on the actual number of people who are abusing the system vs the number of people who are actually in need.

Jealous? why will anyone be jealous of a car that someone else has bought for you? I have a car thats worth more then the one in the picture and guess what? I PAY FOR IT BY MYSELF. Thats something you will never be able to do. You proberly can't even PAY for your own dinner much less a car. :laugh::thumbdown:

Oh really. So who cares.

Trailrider, the main disagreement we have is the same one i have with passion4sci. We seem not to agree on the actual number of people who are abusing the system vs the number of people who are actually in need.

And that may very well be true. I think there is a reason for medicaid (which is the argument I use against forced universal healthcare as well) but you can't help but get disgusted when you see all of the abuse. Coming from my background I know addicts who buy their drugs from people who sell them off of their $1 state prescription co-pays. And then I see a profile of someone with an antibiotic on file who has active rx's for adderall, percocet, and a benzodiazepine who gets them all for free. So yes I think there is more abuse than good deed done her. Of course all the people aren't abusing it and these programs exists under good intentions (like AA). But what I'm saying here and what you are arguing has nothing to do with the original argument. How did this thread turn from gpa to AA and now to medicaid? Are we just going to keep switching topics to skirt the original argument? How did that happen? I drive a 96 hotwired ford :)

Oh really. So who cares.

Because many of us hard workers have absolutely no respect for someone who doesn't work for what they have and then cops an attitude claiming that they have even the slightest clue what its like living in something besides a fairy tail.

Oh really. So who cares.

You are the only one on here bragging about your high pcat scores, high gpa, expensive car and your parents being rich.

My point is there are many people out there that have better scores and nicer cars and guess what? this might be hard for you to understand I know but...guess what? these people actually WORKED/EARNED theses nice things in their lifes unlike you. Get it now? :rolleyes:

And that may very well be true. I think there is a reason for medicaid (which is the argument I use against forced universal healthcare as well) but you can't help but get disgusted when you see all of the abuse. Coming from my background I know addicts who buy their drugs from people who sell them off of their $1 state prescription co-pays. And then I see a profile of someone with an antibiotic on file who has active rx's for adderall, percocet, and a benzodiazepine who gets them all for free. So yes I think there is more abuse than good deed done her. Of course all the people aren't abusing it and these programs exists under good intentions (like AA). But what I'm saying here and what you are arguing has nothing to do with the original argument. How did this thread turn from gpa to AA and now to medicaid? Are we just going to keep switching topics to skirt the original argument? How did that happen? I drive a 96 hotwired ford :)

you see, i like the fact that even though i have had heated debates with you and passion4sci, we can still leave that zone for some actual discussions lol. I used to drive a 2003 honda accord LX before I moved up to a 2006 350Z. I know we probably went off topic but it is normal. You never know where a hot button issue can pop up from. On page one, there is some guy who was the first to say that the thread starter is probably a minority. It only needed that spark to start this firestorm lol. I work as a high school tutor now. I have been on that job for 2 years. I wana devote most of my life to education and healthcare. Those are my passions:)

You are the only one on here bragging about your high pcat scores, high gpa, expensive car and your parents being rich.

My point is there are many people out there that have better scores and nicer cars and guess what? this might be hard for you to understand I know but...guess what? these people actually WORKED/EARNED theses nice things in their lifes unlike you. Get it now? :rolleyes:

My family has also been through lots of hardship b4 arriving where they are. My dad was unemployed for 6 years. Thats the reason i must emphasize that i totally understand what it means to be poor. I worked for my grades, I have a job, and i work. I dont even live with my family.

Last edited:
In my interview, they asked questions about compassion. After reading some of these comments, I have to wonder if they do that at other schools or maybe some of you faked that part of the interview.

Life isn't fair, get over it. Instead of complaining about it, you should focus your energies on overcoming the obstacles presented before you, whether they be discrimination or reverse discrimination.

So the unqualified URM got into Harvard and you didn't. You were also born in the United States, where you have a decent shot at going to college. On the other hand, if you were a genius in Africa, you would be hard pressed to ever approach the level of success a mediocre American can achieve.

I happen to be deeply against Affirmative Action, but I know that I'm still really lucky and blessed to be where I am now.

What I don't understand is why everyone on here seems to assume that the URM is "underqualified." Why do we have to associate URMs with inadequacy? How does everyone know the stats of the URMs at their school? I assume you do not have access to that information and I know you wouldn't have the audacity to ask. I happen to be an URM myself and have always been a good student. I don't know what its like to be poor, but I also have worked at every chance possible despite the fact that I don't need to and could be completely supported by my family. It seems to me that everyone on here has associated URMs with both inadequacy and laziness. Thats precisely the reason why AA was implemented. And as far as the poster who mention that most adcoms are "intelligent and tolerant" I assume that everyone on here claims to be also, but obviously you can't get past the assumption that URMs are somehow unqualified. So what does that say?

For the record, the OP has never responded to me when I asked if he/she/troll knew what a URM is.

Oh, and in b4 lock.

What I don't understand is why everyone on here seems to assume that the URM is "underqualified." Why do we have to associate URMs with inadequacy? How does everyone know the stats of the URMs at their school? I assume you do not have access to that information and I know you wouldn't have the audacity to ask. I happen to be an URM myself and have always been a good student. I don't know what its like to be poor, but I also have worked at every chance possible despite the fact that I don't need to and could be completely supported by my family. It seems to me that everyone on here has associated URMs with both inadequacy and laziness. Thats precisely the reason why AA was implemented. And as far as the poster who mention that most adcoms are "intelligent and tolerant" I assume that everyone on here claims to be also, but obviously you can't get past the assumption that URMs are somehow unqualified. So what does that say?

The statistics and facts show that URM are underqualifed. There are charts and statistics showing the average SAT scores, PCAT scores, DAT scores, GPA, etc. of people of different races. Asians and Whites have the highest averages. Asians being slightly higher. ;) African Americans and Hispanics have lower stats on average. It has been documented. Thats your proof there.

Not to mention I know a black girl that got into dental school with me at Columbia with a 17 on the DAT. Thats AA at your best. The average score is a 22. Thats waaaay below the schools average. Its like getting in with a 60 PCAT/ 2.8 GPA. Its called AA. :rolleyes: