You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Don't Say This in an Interview...
Started by loo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What a fun thread! How about this one in response to "why are you interested in our school?"
"Because everyone needs a safety school."
Ouch!
"Because everyone needs a safety school."
Ouch!
Ohohoh, I know:
Interviewer: You mentioned in your supplemental that our school is your top choice - why is that?
Student: Oh yeah, I did say that, but honestly, I can't remember why anymore.... It's the same reason I tell my dates they are gorgeous - I think it's what they want to hear, and it will help me get in!
😀
Interviewer: You mentioned in your supplemental that our school is your top choice - why is that?
Student: Oh yeah, I did say that, but honestly, I can't remember why anymore.... It's the same reason I tell my dates they are gorgeous - I think it's what they want to hear, and it will help me get in!
😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Q: "what is one of your weaknesses?"
A: "I buckle under pressure"
A: "I buckle under pressure"
Check out this thread on the SDN's MD forum... I came across it a month or so ago. The name says it all... I Asked My Interviewer Out on a Date, HELP 

AbbeyRoad said:Q: "Why do you want to become a veterinarian?"
I would be a real doctor but I don't like people.
"Mmmmh...ketamine."
Q: "How do you feel about hunting?"
A: "Animals or people?"
Q:"What will you do if you don't get in?"
A:"Well, first I'll *cry*, then I'll get drunk, and then I'll come up with a way to tell everyone 'No, I DIDN'T get in this year'. Of course, I could strive to become a manager at McDonald's..."
Q:"What will you do with your DVM degree?"
A:"I can't possibly answer that since you haven't admitted me yet!"
Q:"Why not pursue a career in human medicine?"
A: "I'm here for the VET interview, right? I don't understand the question."
(roll eyes for full effect)
A: "Animals or people?"
Q:"What will you do if you don't get in?"
A:"Well, first I'll *cry*, then I'll get drunk, and then I'll come up with a way to tell everyone 'No, I DIDN'T get in this year'. Of course, I could strive to become a manager at McDonald's..."
Q:"What will you do with your DVM degree?"
A:"I can't possibly answer that since you haven't admitted me yet!"
Q:"Why not pursue a career in human medicine?"
A: "I'm here for the VET interview, right? I don't understand the question."
(roll eyes for full effect)
Q: Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
A: Working for PETA
A: Working for PETA

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Q: Do you have any questions for us?
A: Yes, why the *$%# did it take you so long to let me know I got an interview?
A: Yes, why the *$%# did it take you so long to let me know I got an interview?
"I'm in it for the euthanasia!"
HeartSong said:Q: What experience do you have with animals?
A: I watch Animal Planet all the time, I love it.
Or.."I read all the James Herriot books".
Too funny 🙂
meyao said:Q: "Why did you apply to vet school?"
A: "I've already been rejected by med schools three years in a row, but I suffered through two semesters of o-chem and I'll be damned if it goes to waste."
"I hate my job".
oooo. This is a good one....
How about...
"When are you planning on reducing tuition so we can actually have a life after we leave vet school?"
How about...
"When are you planning on reducing tuition so we can actually have a life after we leave vet school?"
Interviewer: "What are the differences between animal rights and animal welfare?"
You: "Wait, there's a difference?"😱😕
You: "Wait, there's a difference?"😱😕
"With animal welfare, my cat would be able to get foodstamps for her meowmix."Interviewer: "What are the differences between animal rights and animal welfare?"
You: "Wait, there's a difference?"😱😕
"What can we say to convince you to choose this school?"
"Can you drop my tuition by 100%?"
"Can you drop my tuition by 100%?"
"What can we say to convince you to choose this school?"
"Can you drop my tuition by 100%?"
Love me, feed me, never leave me
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
😆Q: "How do you feel about hunting?"
A: "Animals or people?"
I feel like this one was directed at Penn...heheQ: Do you have any questions for us?
A: Yes, why the *$%# did it take you so long to let me know I got an interview?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
"What are your hobbies?"
"I like to skip class and waste my life on the internet all day"
"I like to skip class and waste my life on the internet all day"
try not to project your own feelings ... this is a joke thread. we all know this is true."What are your hobbies?"
"I like to skip class and waste my life on the internet all day"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
😱😢try not to project your own feelings ... this is a joke thread. we all know this is true.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Mean old man
This is a bit of a non-sequitur, but it makes sense to me.... and I like it, so....Mean old man![]()
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 29K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 449