This thread has existential crisis (an SDN mafia game)

Started by Clem J
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kc, I'm pretty sure are two wolves left. I can't figure out the second. It's already over if mkg is actually village.

This is me trying. Me not trying wouldn't come back at all.

You have no idea how frustrating is it to genuinely figure out the tone + mech but still somehow get the wrong flip anyway.

The only reason I'm still here is because I don't want a "she rolled over so how were we supposed to know" comment.
Ouch. All right guys pack it up I guess it’s already over.
 
kc, I'm pretty sure are two wolves left. I can't figure out the second. It's already over if mkg is actually village.

This is me trying. Me not trying wouldn't come back at all.

You have no idea how frustrating is it to genuinely figure out the tone + mech but still somehow get the wrong flip anyway.

The only reason I'm still here is because I don't want a "she rolled over so how were we supposed to know" comment.
What do you think about SAR's vote flip yesterday?

Do you think it might be an alive wolf + msp?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MsP flipped town. I know we were talking about a possibility that she wasn't, but I can't find it. Can someone re-explain?
 
MsP flipped town. I know we were talking about a possibility that she wasn't, but I can't find it. Can someone re-explain?
She was confused why Zenge was claiming he had a new role after death. She died already at that point. And then flipped with a new role.
 
It's the most two recent posts in her ISO.
No, I found it. I'm just shook I missed it, though I haven't been on thread a ton with the way this week has gone.

This information has created a huge amount of wifom.

For right now I think I believe AM.

I am willing to move to mkg but I think I want to do some isos around Ms P and PSV's interactions with others. I'm finding it difficult to keep up with the constant role flips.
 
@Animal Midwife can you explain again or point me in the direction of your posts where you were sus of whoever was role!dubz?
 
@Animal Midwife can you explain again or point me in the direction of your posts where you were sus of whoever was role!dubz?
Here they are.
Also, who can tell me more about this guy?
View attachment 417755
What do you need to know about Stephen King?
He has glasses
Whoever is playing as Dubz could probably tell you all about Stephen King

All I know is he's a hack and people who like his writing deserve to be bullied!!!
Dubz, come forward. Right now.
Why do you need critical info on Stephen King? Are you phoning a friend for a high stakes trivia game?
No, someone did something to me.
Did what?
Something I don't like.
And it apparently had something to do with Stephen King?
I've always hated horror.
Then I ended up dying.

The following post summarizes why I was chasing Dubz.
Because of this "You are Clem, noted DubZ reader. Target a player every night--if that player is dubz, you get a cop result. Otherwise nothing happens."

And before you say roles are RNG, they had to have started as (and will likely remain as) Dubz or this doesn't make any sense.

I don't have a read on genny.
I still don't understand especially seeing as she helped me push MsP into the lead but two fake flips is even more demoralizing so I'm mostly staying in denial.
 
Here they are.












Then I ended up dying.

The following post summarizes why I was chasing Dubz.

I still don't understand especially seeing as she helped me push MsP into the lead but two fake flips is even more demoralizing so I'm mostly staying in denial.
Thank you.

Do you know what the sitch is with apop flipping town as dubz then?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on questions about my own role that I have posed to Clem, and given his answers, I highly doubt there are fake flips in this game without any hints thereof.

To be clear, my role has nothing to do with flips, but I've asked about some ways in which it could be used that would arguably be less bastard than doing fake flips and was told no.
 
Thank you.

Do you know what the sitch is with apop flipping town as dubz then?
I don't. I twist myself into knots thinking about it. I'd get it if she thought we were w/w but she outright said that we were incompatible. The vote came after submitting the action. And she never moved or alerted me how to abort my death despite liking my post on MsP reacting weird to Zenge.

I don't know whether the w or v world is more depressing but that's why I've haven't done anything with that flip.
 
I don't. I twist myself into knots thinking about it. I'd get it if she thought we were w/w but she outright said that we were incompatible. The vote came after before submitting the action. And she never moved or alerted me how to abort my death despite liking my post of showing commenting on MsP reacting weird to Zenge.

I don't know whether the w or v world is more depressing but that's why I've haven't done anything with that flip.
She didn't know what her ability did when she targeted you. She found out it kills you after your death
 
How do you know?
She told me in our city council PM. She actually thought at first that she had been directed to PSV and maybe her curse was poison

She had a very long, convoluted tinfoil about how that chain of events could then possibly implicate you as a wolf but I disagreed with her premise and it because moot anyway when she figured out that her curse and the poison were two separate mechanisms

Mkg can confirm the conversation took place
 
I'm just not sure why you're tied up over possible fake flips when the odds of that being the universe we are in are so low instead of trying to solve the more statistically conventional gamestate
Because rae asked. I've already said multiple times I can't do anything about it and that's making me low morale.
 
She told me in our city council PM. She actually thought at first that she had been directed to PSV and maybe her curse was poison

She had a very long, convoluted tinfoil about how that chain of events could then possibly implicate you as a wolf but I disagreed with her premise and it because moot anyway when she figured out that her curse and the poison were two separate mechanisms

Mkg can confirm the conversation took place
Okay. That actually hurts even more than multiple people knew.
 
Because rae asked. I've already said multiple times I can't do anything about it and that's making me low morale.
Then help us find the last wolf in a world where the flips are all real, even if you have to put yourself into a dream state or something to wrap your head around it. If it's not you, we need that big beautiful brain of yours to help us out ❤️
 
Then help us find the last wolf in a world where the flips are all real, even if you have to put yourself into a dream state or something to wrap your head around it. If it's not you, we need that big beautiful brain of yours to help us out ❤️
I'm trying. The only world where mkg is a wolf, Zenge is also a wolf. I haven't been bothered by kcal's tone. Techno it could be rae but that means letting go of MsP concerns and she's the only one hearing me out. So I'm left with you.
 
What would have been the benefit to putting that information on thread? I'm really trying to get into your POV here AM and give you the info you need but I'm struggling with understanding what you need from this interaction
Me not dying? There was nothing bad that was going to happen to her (or good to me) if I guessed correctly. It was literally just guess right or you will die.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me not dying? There was nothing bad that was going to happen to her (or good to me) if I guessed correctly. It was literally just guess right or you will die.
Her role never indicated anywhere that the curse was reversible if someone could guess dubz. Role revealing could open up a valuable role to a targeted kill or then hamstring the curse mechanic to get any other wolves killed. I understand it sucks when you're the one targeted but looking at the overall gamestate, I still think it was more beneficial to hold that information back. Only you know your affiliation so worst case scenario revealing could save a wolf (or two) and lose a powerful town pr. I understand why she didn't out it.
 
If AM is a bomb and I go down with the ship sobeit

Like A Boss Ship GIF
 
Her role never indicated anywhere that the curse was reversible if someone could guess dubz. Role revealing could open up a valuable role to a targeted kill or then hamstring the curse mechanic to get any other wolves killed. I understand it sucks when you're the one targeted but looking at the overall gamestate, I still think it was more beneficial to hold that information back. Only you know your affiliation so worst case scenario revealing could save a wolf (or two) and lose a powerful town pr. I understand why she didn't out it.
I don't understand why my result had so much more information that her own role.

Again though, it's not her choosing me that bothers me. It's agreeing with me every step of the way up until EOD on MsP and still risking something bad happening to me.

I was the first target so she could have been discreet (even before I asked if she wanted) about me getting an out. I was discreet about real!Dubz.

Still, as much as this bothers me, I can acknowledge there is a chance, no matter how small, that she genuinely had no problem with the risk of incompatible people flipping at the same time, and figured my life was overall less valuable, due to how many games have occurred since the noob one.

My primary problem is still MsP. Her first game was seven years ago. She's my manatee. I remember everything about her. But no matter how much I point out she was outside her village meta or that she was showing incongruency with village mech, the boils down to a WIFOM argument that, unfortunately, has led to the current situation.
 
But yeah, I was hoping to bait a kill by saying all those things to Spurs and either nothing happened or I didn't get notified it activated. Both suck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad