Downshifting on the road to retirement...

Started by Groove
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a little late to the party but has anyone considered working just for charity? I have been incredibly blessed to be in the position I am in. I'm 40 years old currently and have considered downshifting in a way that every year from now on I donate the money from that shift to charities of my choice. I work about 10 clinical shifts a month now and have considered by Age 50, I will work 100% to donate everything. No stress about RVU or moving meat. Just work at my pace in a busier shop. If they pay me less then so be it. I can let the market do the lifting between now and then.
I'm sure Envision, USACS, etc. would love to talk to you about this...