This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone is interested in my stats or can give me insight as to why I got rejected—esp with TTU because I felt confident that my interview went great and am still bummed about this—I would appreciate it:

Texas Tech graduate — Dec 2017
(B.S. in Kinesiology, Minor in Biology)

GPAs
Overall: 3.79
Prereq: ~3.65 (all As besides in CHEM)
Last 60: 4.0

GRE
V 149 / Q 153 / AW 3.5

Extracurriculars / Volunteer / Work: DM me for detailed list

Achievement Highlights:
President List (x4), Deans List (x2), Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, +2 other honor societies

Hours
Applied: ~300 (outpatient; accumulated during school vacations)
Updated: 400+ (currently working as a tech)

Applied: UTMB, TTU, UTEP, UNT, UTHSC

Interview: UTMB (11/3), TTU (11/17)
Acceptances: UTEP (1/19)
Waitlist: UTMB
Rejections: UNT (11/21), UTHSC (11/9), TTU (12/15)
I can understand your frustration but like mgdwreck said; you got in. Congratulations, thats better than having to wait another cycle. I work as a technician at a well known hospital in Houston, and the director of rehab told some technicians and I that they really don’t care about the school you attended. Instead, they place more attention to the license and how you carry yourself as a professional.

~ Frankly, at the end of the day a DPT degree is a DPT degree.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If anyone is interested in my stats or can give me insight as to why I got rejected—esp with TTU because I felt confident that my interview went great and am still bummed about this—I would appreciate it:

Texas Tech graduate — Dec 2017
(B.S. in Kinesiology, Minor in Biology)

GPAs
Overall: 3.79
Prereq: ~3.65 (all As besides in CHEM)
Last 60: 4.0

GRE
V 149 / Q 153 / AW 3.5

Extracurriculars / Volunteer / Work: DM me for detailed list

Achievement Highlights:
President List (x4), Deans List (x2), Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, +2 other honor societies

Hours
Applied: ~300 (outpatient; accumulated during school vacations)
Updated: 400+ (currently working as a tech)

Applied: UTMB, TTU, UTEP, UNT, UTHSC

Interview: UTMB (11/3), TTU (11/17)
Acceptances: UTEP (1/19)
Waitlist: UTMB
Rejections: UNT (11/21), UTHSC (11/9), TTU (12/15)

Hi! I'm sorry that TTU didn't go as planned, but I'm so excited for you and UTEP!! I understand your frustration 100%, I applied to 6ish schools last cycle and didn't get an interview anywhere so I know that feeling of frustration and let down. But as was stated earlier, you got into a program and that in and of itself is a huge feat! I can see that you worked hard for that spot and you earned it! However, if UTEP is not your cup of tea and you decide to reapply next cycle, my only piece of advice would be to get a little more diverse shadowing experience. A lot of program look to make sure that you've observed lots of settings rather than a ton of hours in one setting. That being said, congratulations on getting in!!

Has anyone accepted their spot in UTSW's program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted into TTUHSC's program in Lubbock this morning and now have to choose between TTU and UNT... I would love to hear everyone's opinion on the two program. This is going to be a very difficult choice for me.

Reactions: 2 users
I also just got accepted to Texas Tech at Amarillo! So if you are on the waitlist don't give up hope!

I was just accepted into TTUHSC's program in Lubbock this morning and now have to choose between TTU and UNT... I would love to hear everyone's opinion on the two program. This is going to be a very difficult choice for me.
First off, congratulations!! That is so exciting, I'm so happy for you! I was accepted to TTUHSC's program in Amarillo a few months back but declined to go to school closer to home. I loved how their program was set up and liked how the currents students had nothing but great things to say about the program. I know that Tech's health science programs all have great reputations as well. I don't know a whole lot about UNT's program, but there's my two cents. I think it should just come down to where you felt the most comfortable and which program you feel like is the right fit for you. I know that's easier said than done though when you really like both schools. Whatever happens, it'll turn out great! Congrats again!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm well your essays seem like you gave the schools lots of information about you and your interests so maybe that's not the issue. It could possibly be not having inpatient hours but who knows. it's very competitive cause even having amazing stats you are not guaranteed admission. We all have outstanding grades and lots of volunteering experiences which is why i think its so important to be personal and show the schools what makes you different. It could also probably be your extra curriculars that might be weak. But congrats on getting into UTEP. I have an interview coming up in February at UNT and it's one of my top choices. I have accepted an offer at University of South Florida as of now, but if I get accepted to UNT it's going to be difficult to choose.

Congrats on your acceptance and interview! When did you receive an email about an interview in February for UNT? Also, when did you submit your application?

Congrats on your acceptance and interview! When did you receive an email about an interview in February for UNT? Also, when did you submit your application?

I submitted my application around September 8th and received an invite early January

Has anyone heard back yet from UTSW about a waitlist or rejection?

I heard back on Monday from UTSW saying I'm very high on the waitlist and they wanted to know if I was still interested or not and to let them know so that they could review my application again if need be. I told them I was still interested so now just waiting to hear more! hopefully this week

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got pulled off the waitlist at UTSW this morning! I was also accepted to UTEP so I'll be rescinding that offer, so a spot will be open!

I was in the early decision with UT health and I had an interview. I got an email back in November saying that I didn't get in for early decision but not to get discouraged because I could be offered a spot in December or January. January is almost over and I still haven't heard anything, could this mean I've been wait listed or rejected?

I just got pulled off the waitlist at UTSW this morning! I was also accepted to UTEP so I'll be rescinding that offer, so a spot will be open!
Congrats!

First off, congratulations!! That is so exciting, I'm so happy for you! I was accepted to TTUHSC's program in Amarillo a few months back but declined to go to school closer to home. I loved how their program was set up and liked how the currents students had nothing but great things to say about the program. I know that Tech's health science programs all have great reputations as well. I don't know a whole lot about UNT's program, but there's my two cents. I think it should just come down to where you felt the most comfortable and which program you feel like is the right fit for you. I know that's easier said than done though when you really like both schools. Whatever happens, it'll turn out great! Congrats again!!
Thank you! I really appreciate your input. It is difficult to know how comfortable I would be in the TTU program in lubbock because I interviewed at the Odessa campus... I wasn't able to meet current students at the campus or faculty at the individual campus and didn't tour the health science center like I did at UNT. I did complete my undergrad at Tech which makes it familiar but UNT is 4.5 hours closer to home compared to Tech, making it very tempting. I really enjoyed my UNT interview and it felt better than my Tech one, but I know two current PT students at Tech. So many factors to consider by the 5th...
Also Tech and UNT have very different gross anatomy labs and I have no idea if protection or full dissection is right for me.

Thank you! I really appreciate your input. It is difficult to know how comfortable I would be in the TTU program in lubbock because I interviewed at the Odessa campus... I wasn't able to meet current students at the campus or faculty at the individual campus and didn't tour the health science center like I did at UNT. I did complete my undergrad at Tech which makes it familiar but UNT is 4.5 hours closer to home compared to Tech, making it very tempting. I really enjoyed my UNT interview and it felt better than my Tech one, but I know two current PT students at Tech. So many factors to consider by the 5th...
Also Tech and UNT have very different gross anatomy labs and I have no idea if protection or full dissection is right for me.

Ahh I totally understand! I really liked TTU and felt comfortable there, but I was definitely ready to move back to my home city after going to OU and thankfully absolutely loved UTSW. If you felt better at UNT, then that just might be the school for you! When it comes to prosection vs dissection, I would recommend dissection so you get the full experience and I feel like there’s something to be said for it. But again, just my opinion!

Just got accepted to UTEP, so I'll be rescinding my offer from UIW! Hopefully I'll see some of y'all up there.

I just got emailed by UTEP notifying me that I'm on their alternate list. I will probably email them letting them know to take me off the alternate list.

I got an email from UTEP saying I’m on their alternate list. Does anyone know how many people they have on the alternate list and if it’s even likely to be part of the entering class. I got into UMHB already, but I was really looking forward to UTEP. Any suggestions?

I was in the early decision with UT health and I had an interview. I got an email back in November saying that I didn't get in for early decision but not to get discouraged because I could be offered a spot in December or January. January is almost over and I still haven't heard anything, could this mean I've been wait listed or rejected?
Seems like you are in the waitlist!!! I called last week and they told me they are still working on waitlist. We should be receiving rejection or acceptance emails by mid February

One of the girls I early-interviewed with back in November just got her acceptance last week. So they are still admitting students.

Which school did you decide on??

I just got accepted to UTMB so for everyone that has been waiting for months to hear back from them, I think you will probably be hearing from them very soon with an acceptance or a wait list position. Good luck to everyone out there!

I was accepted at UTMB today, so I'll be declining at Angelo State later this week.

I got accepted to UTSW on Tuesday so I think they are still sending out acceptances. I'll be declining at TWU Dallas so that should open up a spot.

I got accepted to UTSW on Tuesday so I think they are still sending out acceptances. I'll be declining at TWU Dallas so that should open up a spot.
Just out of curiosity, what was it that made you end up choosing UTSW?

Wondering if anybody heard back from TWU Dallas that was on the waitlist? I am currently on three waitlists: TWU Dallas, Texas State, and Texas Tech. TWU Dallas is my first choice, but I will take anything I can get.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what was it that made you end up choosing UTSW?

I think, academically, they are both pretty equal. I really like that UTSW has an accelerated program (2.5 years vs 3 years at TWU) which means I can start working earlier and chip away at these loans. I think that TWU has the edge in facilities (their building looks pretty awesome). It's really a matter of personal preference tbh, I just feel more comfortable with UTSW.

Wondering if anybody heard back from TWU Dallas that was on the waitlist? I am currently on three waitlists: TWU Dallas, Texas State, and Texas Tech. TWU Dallas is my first choice, but I will take anything I can get.
I’m on the waitlist for TWU Houston but haven’t heard anything either

Yeah Dallas won’t tell me what my ranking on the waitlist is. Kind of frurstrating, but oh well.

Did you get accepted anywhere else?

Yeah I got into Incarnate Word in San Antonio. But I decided not to take it. I didn’t get a good vibe during the interview and the tuition is outrageous. It was a little hard to say no and put my faith in the waitlists, but I feel extremely confident that at least one of the three will contact me and offer me a spot. All three schools told me that they make offers deep into their waitlists.

Yeah I got into Incarnate Word in San Antonio. But I decided not to take it. I didn’t get a good vibe during the interview and the tuition is outrageous. It was a little hard to say no and put my faith in the waitlists, but I feel extremely confident that at least one of the three will contact me and offer me a spot. All three schools told me that they make offers deep into their waitlists.
Yeah well that’s what I’ve heard about TWU, that they go through a lot of their waitlist

Anyone hear from TWU - Houston yet about being accepted from their waitlist?! They said they start accepting people from the waitlist around feb/March

I know it’s kind of late but here are my stats. I am considering retaking the GRE in order to improve my waitlist position, but I have no idea if it’s worth it. Does anybody know if GPA or GRE weigh heavier for applicants?

Overall GPA : 3.51
PreReq GPA : 3.76 (for TWU)
Last 60: 3.9
Science: 3.86

GRE : 150 V 148 Q 4.0 W

Observation hours: 2500 outpatient
40 inpatient

Volunteer: 4200 hours(went to Mexico for 2 years) and serve in Church

Letters of recommendation: 3 PT (one from a TWU Houston grad), 1 professor

Yeah well that’s what I’ve heard about TWU, that they go through a lot of their waitlist

I just hope I am not on the bottom of the list.
My biggest fear is receiving no acceptance by June. If that’s the case, I have to decided if it’s worth applying to PT school again and spending gobs of money on applications. Because some students hear in July or August that they got in.

I just hope I am not on the bottom of the list.
My biggest fear is receiving no acceptance by June. If that’s the case, I have to decided if it’s worth applying to PT school again and spending gobs of money on applications. Because some students hear in July or August that they got in.
When I applied, TWU called me 4 days before classes started asking me if I wanted a spot. Don't give up hope.

So I accepted a spot on UTEPs waitlist last Friday and just got an email tonight saying I have been accepted off of the waitlist. I'm most likely going to decline the offer and stick with Angelo State.

So I accepted a spot on UTEPs waitlist last Friday and just got an email tonight saying I have been accepted off of the waitlist. I'm most likely going to decline the offer and stick with Angelo State.
I didn't apply to UTEP, but the faculty at ASU seemed fantastic. Gotta love the small class size too. They are getting new facilities so they will eventually have a larger class size than the current 23-26, but to me that seems like the ideal size over some other schools with 50+ per class. All in all I think you will definitely enjoy your time over there!