Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you turn in your application? I turned mine in December and worried that it's too late.
I submitted my application on September 8th. You might still have a good chance, depending on your stats
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
When did you turn in your application? I turned mine in December and worried that it's too late.
so if we didn't receive an email today then does that mean we probably will be rejected/waitlisted?reached out to UTEP today. They started sending out acceptance letters today. and in February will be when they send out a list for the alternative students.
when did you hear?I just got rejected from them haha.
I just got rejected from them haha.
I think if you didn’t hear anything it may be waitlisted, but I think they also sent out some rejections. That being said, I was accepted to UTEP and UTSW today. So my UTEP spot will be available for someone else now. Stay positive!so if we didn't receive an email today then does that mean we probably will be rejected/waitlisted?
Congratulations! UTSW is a great school I've heard! and thanks, I think its just killing all of us who are still in the waiting process or on waitlists lolI think if you didn’t hear anything it may be waitlisted, but I think they also sent out some rejections. That being said, I was accepted to UTEP and UTSW today. So my UTEP spot will be available for someone else now. Stay positive!
I got the letter yesterday. Me and some of my buddies all got rejection letters. Well, I will try next round. Btw how did y'all study for the gre?
I think if you didn’t hear anything it may be waitlisted, but I think they also sent out some rejections. That being said, I was accepted to UTEP and UTSW today. So my UTEP spot will be available for someone else now. Stay positive!
Anyone hear from UTSW or UTEP today? I’m still waiting :/
lol also waiting, maybe we are waitlisted?I'm still waiting, too!
I got the letter yesterday. Me and some of my buddies all got rejection letters. Well, I will try next round. Btw how did y'all study for the gre?
I didn’t do too great 148, 147, 3.5. But I’ve heard a lot about using magoosh or Princeton review to improve scores. So if I don’t get off the waitlist this cycle I plan to retake using them.How did y'all do on the gre when y'all applied?
I got rejected to Tech and to a few other Texas schools with my overall gpa of 3.57, pgpa 3.3. And gre 148, 147, 3.5. So really prep for the Gre and try to score above 150, use magoosh, Kaplan, or Princeton to study. Paying for one of those study preps and scoring high The first time is easier and cheaper than having to take the gre multiple times at $200 each. If your gre is above avg and overall gpa below there’s still a chance! But if you can also retake any prerequisite go for it! Good luck to you!Hey guys! I'm new to this forum site, but I was wondering if I could get some feedback from you guys. I just graduated in May 2017 from Tech, and I took this year off to actually retake some old courses back from my JC and to boost up my observation/volunteer hours. I've decided to apply to PT school this year when applications open again, but I need some feedback about my stats. Also if y'all can provide some solid tips on taking the GRE.
University: Texas Tech University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.25 (after retaking some basic courses)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.31
GRE: *Hopefully a good score, taking it in May
Volunteer: I've been working as a PT Aide at an Inpatient/Acute/Geriatric care hospital since this past October, and so far I've gotten 250+ hours, hopefully a lot more by the time I apply. Also have about 10 hours in outpatient. Also gonna be trying to get more outpatient hours before I apply.
Applying: I currently want to apply at Texas Tech since I graduated there and I also live here in Lubbock so it would be great financially. I am also gonna be applying to some New Mexico schools since I'm from New Mexico and also Colorado. I also want to apply to some Texas Schools as well.
P.S. If y'all could tell me what Tech looks at GPA-wise and whether they count retake courses or not.
Thanks for the Feedback!
163 math, 159 verbal, 4.5. I did Magoosh for 3-4 months before taking it and it made a huge difference. They go through all the types of questions the GRE asks so you know exactly what to expect going in. I knew how to do almost all of the first verbal and math sections because I had seen them on Magoosh before, it was only on the harder difficulty stuff that there were some curveballsHow did y'all do on the gre when y'all applied?
I gave my self 6 weeks in the summer to study for the GRE (2 weeks each section). Kaplan’s book helped me lot, it has a bunch of online practice/test & the book is only $25 I believe on Amazon. Good luck!!Hey guys! I'm new to this forum site, but I was wondering if I could get some feedback from you guys. I just graduated in May 2017 from Tech, and I took this year off to actually retake some old courses back from my JC and to boost up my observation/volunteer hours. I've decided to apply to PT school this year when applications open again, but I need some feedback about my stats. Also if y'all can provide some solid tips on taking the GRE.
University: Texas Tech University
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.25 (after retaking some basic courses)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.31
GRE: *Hopefully a good score, taking it in May
Volunteer: I've been working as a PT Aide at an Inpatient/Acute/Geriatric care hospital since this past October, and so far I've gotten 250+ hours, hopefully a lot more by the time I apply. Also have about 10 hours in outpatient. Also gonna be trying to get more outpatient hours before I apply.
Applying: I currently want to apply at Texas Tech since I graduated there and I also live here in Lubbock so it would be great financially. I am also gonna be applying to some New Mexico schools since I'm from New Mexico and also Colorado. I also want to apply to some Texas Schools as well.
P.S. If y'all could tell me what Tech looks at GPA-wise and whether they count retake courses or not.
Thanks for the Feedback!
yes still waiting!Is anyone else still waiting for UTSW? They said just a few days so I'm sweating it out at this point.
I haven't heard back at all from them! Last email said they were going to try to make decisions by Jan. 31stAnyone heard about the Hardin-Simmons waitlist??
I heard from UTSW by phone on the 11thCongrats!! How did you hear from UTSW? Via phone or email?
Not necessarily. Both are great schools. Personally, I would pick UTSW.Has anyone heard anything negative about TWU or UTSW? I'm trying to make the best decision for myself, but it's proving difficult!
I have heard only good things about TWU. I visited the Houston campus and spoke with some of the students at the open house event, and then stayed after and spoke with some of the faculty. I was really impressed. All of the PTs with degrees from TWU that I have met in the real world are really on top of things and seem very intelligent. I declined the interview for UTSW but that was mainly due to me not wanting to move to Dallas, but I think either program would actually be a great choice. Tuition is a bit cheaper at TWU which I liked. I would say there are no wrong choices though, no matter what happens you will come out with a DPT degree and will be well positioned to do whatever it is that you want to do, so pick the place that you feel most comfortable!Has anyone heard anything negative about TWU or UTSW? I'm trying to make the best decision for myself, but it's proving difficult!
so a lot of students have already heard back with acceptances into UTEP. I see that a few ppl got rejections in this forum. Does anyone know about the waitlist, when they are going to send that out, or whats going on? lol
I am also waiting, has anybody tried contacting them? I don’t want to wait another couple of weeks to hear lolI am with ya Pursuit.of.DPT! If we didn't get an answer from UTEP, I wonder if we will have to wait until February to hear back..
UTEP required people to accept their position by January 25th, so I would assume that would be when you might here from them nextI am also waiting, has anybody tried contacting them? I don’t want to wait another couple of weeks to hear lol
Congrats on those that already got interview invites!
When I applied last cycle UTMB was the first school I heard back from in terms of interviews, I remember I was ecstatic 🙂
I'm a first year DPT student at Texas State, so if you have any questions about PT school, applications or interviews let me know 🙂
How do you like Texas State? Any advice about the application process? I’m preparing to apply there this upcoming cycle!
If anyone is interested in my stats or can give me insight as to why I got rejected—esp with TTU because I felt confident that my interview went great and am still bummed about this—I would appreciate it:
Texas Tech graduate — Dec 2017
(B.S. in Kinesiology, Minor in Biology)
GPAs
Overall: 3.79
Prereq: ~3.65 (all As besides in CHEM)
Last 60: 4.0
GRE
V 149 / Q 153 / AW 3.5
Extracurriculars / Volunteer / Work: DM me for detailed list
Achievement Highlights:
President List (x4), Deans List (x2), Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, +2 other honor societies
Hours
Applied: ~300 (outpatient; accumulated during school vacations)
Updated: 400+ (currently working as a tech)
Applied: UTMB, TTU, UTEP, UNT, UTHSC
Interview: UTMB (11/3), TTU (11/17)
Acceptances: UTEP (1/19)
Waitlist: UTMB
Rejections: UNT (11/21), UTHSC (11/9), TTU (12/15)
If anyone is interested in my stats or can give me insight as to why I got rejected—esp with TTU because I felt confident that my interview went great and am still bummed about this—I would appreciate it:
Texas Tech graduate — Dec 2017
(B.S. in Kinesiology, Minor in Biology)
GPAs
Overall: 3.79
Prereq: ~3.65 (all As besides in CHEM)
Last 60: 4.0
GRE
V 149 / Q 153 / AW 3.5
Extracurriculars / Volunteer / Work: DM me for detailed list
Achievement Highlights:
President List (x4), Deans List (x2), Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, +2 other honor societies
Hours
Applied: ~300 (outpatient; accumulated during school vacations)
Updated: 400+ (currently working as a tech)
Applied: UTMB, TTU, UTEP, UNT, UTHSC
Interview: UTMB (11/3), TTU (11/17)
Acceptances: UTEP (1/19)
Waitlist: UTMB
Rejections: UNT (11/21), UTHSC (11/9), TTU (12/15)
The supplemental essays that Tech required had a more personal tone to them, as with those I was able to elaborate more on what drew me into pursuing the profession from life experiences and whatnot. But my PTCAS essay had a more overall formal-sounding vibe with a clear intro, main body, and conclusion paragraphs with personal examples of the topics I talked about (similar to a paper for a class because that's how I like to write my essays in general).
And yeah, I only did outpatient hours (athletic, geriatric, general orthopedic) since I knew for sure that I wanted to work in an outpatient setting. That was one thing I felt could have been a weak factor to my app, but I've heard of people getting accepted with less hours than me and hoped that the other strong aspects of my app would have "buffered" this when looking at my app as a whole.
I understand that you’re frustrated about not getting into Tech or other schools high on your list. But one thing to remember is that you got into a program, and tons of people would kill to be in your situation.If anyone is interested in my stats or can give me insight as to why I got rejected—esp with TTU because I felt confident that my interview went great and am still bummed about this—I would appreciate it:
Texas Tech graduate — Dec 2017
(B.S. in Kinesiology, Minor in Biology)
GPAs
Overall: 3.79
Prereq: ~3.65 (all As besides in CHEM)
Last 60: 4.0
GRE
V 149 / Q 153 / AW 3.5
Extracurriculars / Volunteer / Work: DM me for detailed list
Achievement Highlights:
President List (x4), Deans List (x2), Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, +2 other honor societies
Hours
Applied: ~300 (outpatient; accumulated during school vacations)
Updated: 400+ (currently working as a tech)
Applied: UTMB, TTU, UTEP, UNT, UTHSC
Interview: UTMB (11/3), TTU (11/17)
Acceptances: UTEP (1/19)
Waitlist: UTMB
Rejections: UNT (11/21), UTHSC (11/9), TTU (12/15)
Dude/ette you shouldn't care. You got in. I applied to UNT, ASU, UTEP, UT San Antonio, Texas State and TWU and got rejected by all of them except Angelo State and I'm waiting to hear back from UTEP. Angelo State was my only Interview and my only acceptance. I could care less why the other schools rejected me. That's the mind set I think you should have as well. You got in. You're on your way to becoming a DPT. Don't stress over why those other programs rejected you.If anyone is interested in my stats or can give me insight as to why I got rejected—esp with TTU because I felt confident that my interview went great and am still bummed about this—I would appreciate it:
Texas Tech graduate — Dec 2017
(B.S. in Kinesiology, Minor in Biology)
GPAs
Overall: 3.79
Prereq: ~3.65 (all As besides in CHEM)
Last 60: 4.0
GRE
V 149 / Q 153 / AW 3.5
Extracurriculars / Volunteer / Work: DM me for detailed list
Achievement Highlights:
President List (x4), Deans List (x2), Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, +2 other honor societies
Hours
Applied: ~300 (outpatient; accumulated during school vacations)
Updated: 400+ (currently working as a tech)
Applied: UTMB, TTU, UTEP, UNT, UTHSC
Interview: UTMB (11/3), TTU (11/17)
Acceptances: UTEP (1/19)
Waitlist: UTMB
Rejections: UNT (11/21), UTHSC (11/9), TTU (12/15)
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.