This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow that's crazy! did you accept?
No. I had already moved down to Galveston to go to UTMB, where I am in my 2nd year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the call from Mary Beth today! I was offered a spot in the TWU Dallas class from the waitlist. I called my wife while I was at work and we were both crying. Hang in there waitlist people!

Reactions: 7 users
Got the call from Mary Beth today! I was offered a spot in the TWU Dallas class from the waitlist. I called my wife while I was at work and we were both crying. Hang in there waitlist people!
I also just got accepted off the waitlist from TWU Dallas!!! woo hooo

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nice! See you in the Fall! It still does not feel real hahahahahahha. When Mary Beth called me I could barely speak I was so excited.

Omg this is AMAZING!!!!! Big congrats to you!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Nice! See you in the Fall! It still does not feel real hahahahahahha. When Mary Beth called me I could barely speak I was so excited.

Eeeek wonder if Houston has made any calls?! Getting nervous!!!

Eeeek wonder if Houston has made any calls?! Getting nervous!!!

It wouldn’t hurt to call them and possibly see your ranking. Hang in there, and remember TWU almost every year goes deep into their waitlist.

It wouldn’t hurt to call them and possibly see your ranking. Hang in there, and remember TWU almost every year goes deep into their waitlist.

Did they tell you your ranking?? In the email they sent out about the waitlist, they said they don’t release your ranking

Did they tell you your ranking?? In the email they sent out about the waitlist, they said they don’t release your ranking

I didn’t ask them. But I kept tabs on my waitlist schools each week. I would just give them a courtesy call and ask if there was movement on the waitlist.

If you call them and say something like: “hey I am on your waitlist and your school is my top choice, is there any way to know how far down on the waitlist I am.” The worst thing they can do is say “sorry we can’t share that”

Just got accepted to TWU Dallas from the waitlist. However, will be attending UTSW so those on the Dallas waitlist could be hearing something soon. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted to TWU Dallas from the waitlist. However, will be attending UTSW so those on the Dallas waitlist could be hearing something soon. Good luck everyone

That’s awesome! congrats!

Hello, friends! In an effort to connect with future classmates, I have created a group on FB titled "UTMB DPT Class of 2021." To ensure you join the correct group, please double-check that "Chase Christy" created the group. Thank you and congratulations!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I accepted a spot on UTEPs waitlist last Friday and just got an email tonight saying I have been accepted off of the waitlist. I'm most likely going to decline the offer and stick with Angelo State.

Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm going to be applying to UTEP this next time around.

Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm going to be applying to UTEP this next time around.
Of course!

University of North Texas
B.S. Kinesiology(2015)
cGPA (PTCAS): 3.24(have some bad semesters from when I first started school as a Computer Engineering Major)
pGPA: 3.3-3.6(depends on school)

GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.0AWA

Applied to: UNT, TWU, Indiana State University, Texas Tech, UTHSCSA, UTEP, Texas State, Angelo State, Elon

Hours: 1000+ outpatient ortho(working as tech) 20 in outpatient sports medicine clinic, 50 hours in SNF

EC: Member of UNT football team 2011-2015

Jobs: Player and Practice squad member of Atlanta Falcons (2015), Player and practice squad of Dallas Cowboys(2015-2016), PT Tech, Vitamin Shoppe health enthusiast, Academy Sports and Outdoors cashier

Volunteer: various community service events worked with teams that I have been on

Honors & Awards: Deans List, President's List, First Team All Conference USA Linebacker

No. I had already moved down to Galveston to go to UTMB, where I am in my 2nd year.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you like UTMB? What is the environment/culture like?

If you don't mind me asking, how do you like UTMB? What is the environment/culture like?
I love everything about UTMB. I really couldn't be happier here. It's a very laid back environment, which is really helpful in terms of dealing with the stresses of school. The professors are amazing and funny and we usually have a good time while in class. The school is always hosting free events for students and there's always something going on in Galveston.

I love everything about UTMB. I really couldn't be happier here. It's a very laid back environment, which is really helpful in terms of dealing with the stresses of school. The professors are amazing and funny and we usually have a good time while in class. The school is always hosting free events for students and there's always something going on in Galveston.

Wow that sounds awesome! Currently trying to decide between Tx State and UTMB so this is very helpful. Thank you!

Wow that sounds awesome! Currently trying to decide between Tx State and UTMB so this is very helpful. Thank you!
txstate!! If you haven’t already check out our fb page Texas State DPT class of 2021.
Side note, I saw pictures of the new building and Clinic in Round Rock and is it top of the line!

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any other questions about UTMB! I'd be happy to answer them!

txstate!! If you haven’t already check out our fb page Texas State DPT class of 2021.
Side note, I saw pictures of the new building and Clinic in Round Rock and is it top of the line!
haha I was already leaning towards that decision! Thank you

haha I was already leaning towards that decision! Thank you
Just curious but what leads you to lean towards Tx State? I am in a similar spot and UTMB definitely has a lot going for it.

Just curious but what leads you to lean towards Tx State? I am in a similar spot and UTMB definitely has a lot going for it.
For me its because I’ve seen the faculty and DPT students work/collaborate first hand since I’m around their clinic a lot. The faculty has a lot knowledge in the different fields of PT, they all have a position of some sorts in TPTA and or APTA and I think they’re the only school in Texas that visits their students that are off on rotations no matter where in the country they are. The students I’ve been around tell me they all have fun and feel like a family. Txst also has their own clinic where the 2nd year students treat real patients before they go off on their rotations. The Clinic is ran by a licensed PT faculty member. There’s a lot of things i can say but I’ve already made this too long. The new school in Round Rock is gonna be insanely amazing, I can’t wait!

I completely agree with @perez6. Except I haven't worked with them closely lol I went to undergrad out of state, but when I was at the interview the environment just felt amazing. Everybody truly is a family; from the students to the professors. All the professors seemed really knowledgeable and extremely nice. I do have a friend as a first year right now, she LOVES IT and it makes me want to be a part of that!

Seems like you are in the waitlist!!! I called last week and they told me they are still working on waitlist. We should be receiving rejection or acceptance emails by mid February
I actually got a call the day after I posted that and I got accepted!!

Hello everyone:

I would like to hear recommendations from you guys. I am currently in the waitlist for UT health and I understand it is now difficult to get a spot for this year :( even though I havent lose hopes. I would like to start preparing my self for the next application cycle. My current Overall GPA is 3.5 while my Science GPA is 3.7. I have a C in chemistry 2 ,however, I took O.Chem 1 and I got a B so my question is " Is it worth to retake classes and try to get a higher GPA? Or should I focus more on shadowing and GRE??"

Thanks

Hello everyone:

I would like to hear recommendations from you guys. I am currently in the waitlist for UT health and I understand it is now difficult to get a spot for this year :( even though I havent lose hopes. I would like to start preparing my self for the next application cycle. My current Overall GPA is 3.5 while my Science GPA is 3.7. I have a C in chemistry 2 ,however, I took O.Chem 1 and I got a B so my question is " Is it worth to retake classes and try to get a higher GPA? Or should I focus more on shadowing and GRE??"

Thanks

So I did not get accepted my first round applying. I had a 3.7 overall GPA and I think a 3.5 pre-req, had 250 hours in a multitude of settings, and a 308 on my gre. I retook chem 1, psych and took college algebra to replace my calc grade. I had B's in all of these and retook to get an A. I also became a PT tech and ended up with roughly 1300 more hours in a setting that I had previously already shadowed for 100. I did not retake GRE since most schools don't even focus on that and the chances of scoring higher are slim. I applied to 8 schools, was offered an interview at 6 of the 8 (denied from UTMB and accepted to TWU) and decided on TWU. I also applied a LOT earlier than the previous cycle. I believe that this was the main reason as to why I heard back from so many as opposed to hearing from only 1 previously.
I would recommend trying to get more hours, leadership experience and retaking classes, especially chem 2. Hope this helps!

So I did not get accepted my first round applying. I had a 3.7 overall GPA and I think a 3.5 pre-req, had 250 hours in a multitude of settings, and a 308 on my gre. I retook chem 1, psych and took college algebra to replace my calc grade. I had B's in all of these and retook to get an A. I also became a PT tech and ended up with roughly 1300 more hours in a setting that I had previously already shadowed for 100. I did not retake GRE since most schools don't even focus on that and the chances of scoring higher are slim. I applied to 8 schools, was offered an interview at 6 of the 8 (denied from UTMB and accepted to TWU) and decided on TWU. I also applied a LOT earlier than the previous cycle. I believe that this was the main reason as to why I heard back from so many as opposed to hearing from only 1 previously.
I would recommend trying to get more hours, leadership experience and retaking classes, especially chem 2. Hope this helps!
I can echo this. I was in a very similar situation. One thing I believe schools look at is you’re applying to them for a second time. That just shows that you’re persistent, and have the drive to get into school. There is nothing wrong with a gap year as long as you use that year to enhance your application the best you can!

Thank you for your advice!! I'll definitly start taking those steps!!

Got accepted to TWU Houston today! Will be withdrawing my position at Tech, hopefully someone else will benefit!

Reactions: 5 users
Got accepted to TWU Houston today! Will be withdrawing my position at Tech, hopefully someone else will benefit!
Congrats! I think you actually got my spot :highfive: They received my email in the morning that I had decided to go to UTMB. Super difficult choice that gave me anxiety, but I'm glad someone worthy benefitted from my misery. Lol

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard off the waitlist at UNT? Or know if they are still doing interviews?

Congrats! I think you actually got my spot :highfive: They received my email in the morning that I had decided to go to UTMB. Super difficult choice that gave me anxiety, but I'm glad someone worthy benefitted from my misery. Lol
Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, what made you choose UTMB over TWU? I received an offer from UTMB on Tuesday as well, so now I'm in the same situation.

It really just came down to my housing situation and liking the area more. Both programs seemed pretty similar academically. The cost of tuition was cheaper at TWU, but the cost of living in Galveston was much cheaper, so the money just about cancelled out. All in all, I knew that you can't really go wrong with either program.

Last edited:
I also just got accepted to Texas Tech at Amarillo! So if you are on the waitlist don't give up hope!

First congratulations on getting in dude!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, quick question I on the alternate list too for tech. How did they contact you ?

Anyone who is going to UT health SA, have you heard from anyone since the initial acceptance packet? I feel like I'm behind. I've called Nora several times about the start date etc., but it seems like nothing is finalized yet.

asm - just make sure you have your transcripts, residency form, immunizations, deposit, and background check done and you should be fine.
I will be going as well, to my understanding they should be sending out emails with student IDs sometime later this month or early next month.

Hello! I was wondering if anyone might still be active on this post? I’m applying this application round and looking for tips and advice!

QUOTE="perez6, post: 19198484, member: 870469"]Hello everyone, I saw that previous students had similar threads like this for previous years so I thought I'd start one for the 17-18 year. Ill start off with my stats and schools I am applying to then I have a couple of questions.

Texas State University
Overall: 3.82
Last 60: 3.78
Avg Pre Req for all schools applying to: 3.74-3.8
GRE: 150 Q, 150 V, 3 AW

Schools: TXST, UTHSCSA, UNT, TTUHSC, UTMB, and Angelo State

Hours: 600+ (inpatient, peds, outpatient, ortho, neuro, wound care, geriatrics and still have 200 more hours to do at an internship) I have a PT tech job/student worker at the school's dpt clinic as well.

EC's: I'm involved in our Pre-Physical Therapy Org, I was the secretary last year and VP this year. Thru the org I have been able to volunteer at numerous events. I was also a Research Assistant for the athletic training department here.

Jobs (past and present): Supplemental Instructor for A&P, PT tech, A&P Lab instructor, daycare coach, wileyPLUS student partner.

Honors & Awards: deans list, full ride scholarship for this coming year, presidents award (Community college)

INTERVIEWS: UTMB (12/8, declined interview), Texas Tech (10/6), UTHSCSA (11/3), Texas State (12/4)

ACCEPTED: Texas Tech, UTHSCSA, TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY

REJECTED: UNT, Angelo State

WAITLIST:

Attending: TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY[/QUOTE]

I would encourage you to make a visit to TWU before making a final decision if you are not from Houston. It's a great program, but I was very disappointed with the lack of campus. There was a lot more happening at UTHSCSA and UNT. Your opinion may be very different, just encouraging you to check it out.
what was disappointing about it?

Alsooo everyone that applied to Texas Tech. When did you hear rejection or interview? Or acceptance? Still haven’t heard anything and I’m getting sad. Haha

what was disappointing about it?

Just wasn't a fan of a single building campus. Other schools I looked at had many more programs and more opportunities for inter professional contact etc. Again, the programis a great program, and you may love it, but for me many of the students are from the metro Houston area and I'm not and was concerned about that as well.

Hey all!

So I was accepted to both the Dallas and Houston campuses for TWU! (I had originally selected dallas but asked after I was accepted if Houston was still possible, they checked and accepted me there as well). I wanted to hear people's opinions on one campus vs. the other. Anyone from the program that could share what motivated them for one program over another?

I also was invited for an interview at Texas State Uni in a few weeks. Can anyone share their experience with that process? Anyone get into Texas State and TWU and had to decide between those two?