Drexel DPMS 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
submitted my app a month ago, deadline is here, two recommendations missing and a reminder has been sent :(

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if this has already been answered but for those of you who have been invited for an interview or accepted, what was the turnaround time from when your app was submitted to when you were invited for the interview?

No worries! I just declined my interview offer. Here’s to hoping that one of you amazing applicants gets it! :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this has already been answered but for those of you who have been invited for an interview or accepted, what was the turnaround time from when your app was submitted to when you were invited for the interview?
From what I can tell on this thread and last year's looks like its about 2-3 weeks.

Lol I would be too!! Congrats that’s awesome! Was it Drexel’s actual med program or elsewhere?
Pssssh. I’ve gotten rejected from Drexel three times lmao. They most def do not want me :laugh:

Has anyone received an interview invitation this week?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey has anyone else's mcat score not been listed as received? I sent them in before the deadline, but they still listed as "awaiting" on the application list.

@ironadze I would just give the office a call to be sure they’re not stuck in limbo

Reactions: 1 user
can someone who interviewed already tell us how it went? You don't have to go into extreme detail but just give a feel of how it was/interview style, and how the day's schedule went if possible.

can someone who interviewed already tell us how it went? You don't have to go into extreme detail but just give a feel of how it was/interview style, and how the day's schedule went if possible.

The day starts off by signing in at the security desk and then they send you off to the admissions office. Then you get to chill with the other interviewees, which I think is supposed to give you all time to calm down, and then staff comes in to start the day. Everyone at my interview day, from admissions office staff to student interviewers/tour guides was extremely nice and gave off the vibe that all you had to do was be personable and not screw up and you’d be in.

The schedule is different for everyone, but generally: there’s a brief talk about the school, then your faculty interview, then the ethical scenario essay, then more relaxation time (which might be filled with sitting in on a class if the timing works out), and finally lunch with the students and the tour. I loved it tbh. I didn’t mind the downtime at all because it gave me time to actually talk to the other people in my interview group and get a feel for how working so closely with 39 other people might go, which was probably(?) the intent.

Good luck and let me know if you’ve got other questions.

Reactions: 2 users
The day starts off by signing in at the security desk and then they send you off to the admissions office. Then you get to chill with the other interviewees, which I think is supposed to give you all time to calm down, and then staff comes in to start the day. Everyone at my interview day, from admissions office staff to student interviewers/tour guides was extremely nice and gave off the vibe that all you had to do was be personable and not screw up and you’d be in.

The schedule is different for everyone, but generally: there’s a brief talk about the school, then your faculty interview, then the ethical scenario essay, then more relaxation time (which might be filled with sitting in on a class if the timing works out), and finally lunch with the students and the tour. I loved it tbh. I didn’t mind the downtime at all because it gave me time to actually talk to the other people in my interview group and get a feel for how working so closely with 39 other people might go, which was probably(?) the intent.

Good luck and let me know if you’ve got other questions.

Thanks, I hope it went smoothly for you.

Has anyone heard back on an admissions decision yet? Their website says first round of admissions is at the “beginning” of May.

Has anyone heard back on an admissions decision yet? Their website says first round of admissions is at the “beginning” of May.
Nope! I’ve been checking my email constantly lol

Reactions: 1 users
Lol. I’m glad I’m not the only neurotic one who’s constantly checking. Hopefully, we’ll get some movement on Thursday.

For people who interviewed were you asked questions about healthcare systems and policies, current events in medicine, etc...?

For people who interviewed were you asked questions about healthcare systems and policies, current events in medicine, etc...?
I was asked what led me to pursue medicine, how I heard about DPMS, he asked about my research experiences. No questions about policies and current happenings in healthcare. Hope this helps :)

I was asked what led me to pursue medicine, how I heard about DPMS, he asked about my research experiences. No questions about policies and current happenings in healthcare. Hope this helps :)
it does, thank you

@AsepticTechnique I’m sorry to hear that . I hope you have other opportunities come your way soon.

Rejected: Pre-interview, completed mid January
I’m sorry to hear that was it via email or the portal ? And I know something else will work out just keep pushing this road is hard for sure but never give up and you will get into medical school!!

Last edited:
I’m sorry to hear that was it via email or the portal ? And I know something else will work out just keep pushing this road is hard for sure but never give up and you will get into medical school!!
I got an email and thank you!

Received an interview invite today! Very pleased and surprised.
So the DPMS FAQ page states "The graduate school receives between 500 and 700 applications for approximately 40 seats."
Any idea approximately how many students receive interviews? More or less than 100?
Or about what percentage of students interviews get accepted?
Any tips for interview day from those that have had their interviews?

@PureAsGold Congrats!! At my interview, we were told that they'd be interviewing 100 students. Nothing was said about percentage of students accepted but I'm hoping that they'll accept double the class size in expectation that many people will withdraw in favor of late DO/MD acceptances. Maybe @icevyne25 or @HexMed13 could answer that better tho.

@PureAsGold Congrats!! At my interview, we were told that they'd be interviewing 100 students. Nothing was said about percentage of students accepted but I'm hoping that they'll accept double the class size in expectation that many people will withdraw in favor of late DO/MD acceptances. Maybe @icevyne25 or @HexMed13 could answer that better tho.
In my year, it was 100~200 students interviewed. My year was a fluke year with the amount of people accepted but the current year had around 41-44 students at the start of orientation. @PureAsGold, please message me if you have any more questions and I hope to see you at an interview!

So the DPMS FAQ page states "The graduate school receives between 500 and 700 applications for approximately 40 seats."
Any idea approximately how many students receive interviews? More or less than 100?
I think it varies in how they choose those who are accepted, but they try to look for students who are honest about their life/studies and are eager to work hard during the year. Most interviewers know when you're pretending, it's best to be true to yourself. The interviewing process is super chill since the interviewers know your application and just want to get to know you as a person.

Reactions: 2 users
It really depends, but it should be a few weeks, since they want to make sure everyone has time to move to Philly.

Sooo now that the waitlist notifications are going out for the regular MD people, do we think that maybe we’ll start hearing back soon too?

Has anyone who applied 5/2 (or just closer to the deadline in general) heard anything about interviews?

Wow, I’m happy for you! Hoping that you get in :)

I just got my interview invitation today and I submitted everything May 1st.

As I heads up I have booked an airbnb close to the location for May 17th interview date. There is one extra bedroom so if anyone would like to have that room and help split the cost you may PM me!

As I heads up I have booked an airbnb close to the location for May 17th interview date. There is one extra bedroom so if anyone would like to have that room and help split the cost you may PM me!

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

If we haven't received an interview invite by this point, should we pretty much be expecting a rejection? Honest question haha

How have people in the past paid for this program? Are there specific scholarships available to help with cost?

If we haven't received an interview invite by this point, should we pretty much be expecting a rejection? Honest question haha
Yeah I haven't heard back for an interview, so I'm honestly thinking I've been rejected. Have you called and asked if they were still considering applicants for interviews by any chance?

What interview dates were given to you ? I wonder if you are in then last round of interviews !

Don’t give up yet ! Site says they are conducting interviews up until the 24th I believe.

What interview dates were given to you ? I wonder if you are in then last round of interviews !

They offered several dates for interviews. I believe the latest date was May 21st.

Just got an interview invite and my last letter of rec was completed less than a week ago. Feeling really lucky. Hope you all get great news soon too.