Drexel IMS: Whats the word?

Started by palmtree
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

palmtree

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just wanted to see what the word is on drexel IMS..anyone apply/interview yet? anybody know what the average stats are for this program?

anyones opinions are welcome!
 
palmtree said:
just wanted to see what the word is on drexel IMS..anyone apply/interview yet? anybody know what the average stats are for this program?

anyones opinions are welcome!

APPLY EARLY! I interviewed 2 weeks ago, and they said they werent starting interviews (phone interview) until April 1, so I assume it's because they already have tons of apps.

The programs directors I talked to said 70% of 'qualified' applicants entering their program and applying during the year of their program matriculate when the 1 year program is over. 'qualified' seemed to mean people that were already close to getting into med schools before entering. 90% get into med school if they have to stay for a 2nd year and finish a masters degree (MMS).

I'm trying to decide between georgetown SMP and IMS, but have found little info about IMS, so if you hear anything, would you forward on to me?

Thanks.
 
i actually just sent in my app last week, but i havent heard back yet. i'm gonna call them up tommorow to see what the status is..

i got a 2.65 and a 33 on the mcat...my extracurriculars/mcat are very competitive..i teach the mcat for the princeton review, published author, EMT..its just my gpa thats the monkey on my back. anyways, i'll hit you up if i hear anything.

if anyone else hears anything, let us know!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
palmtree said:
by the way, what was the interview like?

The interview was really easy - an open book with a current IMS student. She asked about relavent experience, what I gained from it, what I've done of late to improve my med school application, questions about health care, strong points/weak points, what I thought my med school application weaknesses were, yada yada yada.

It was really laid back, and she was helpful in answering the questions I had.

Can we hear from some current/former IMS students?
 
wingman238 said:
APPLY EARLY! I interviewed 2 weeks ago, and they said they werent starting interviews (phone interview) until April 1, so I assume it's because they already have tons of apps.

The programs directors I talked to said 70% of 'qualified' applicants entering their program and applying during the year of their program matriculate when the 1 year program is over. 'qualified' seemed to mean people that were already close to getting into med schools before entering. 90% get into med school if they have to stay for a 2nd year and finish a masters degree (MMS).

I'm trying to decide between georgetown SMP and IMS, but have found little info about IMS, so if you hear anything, would you forward on to me?

Thanks.

i applied early and interview in feb. they said that the 1st group of interviews (from feb/march) are going up for review by the adcom at the beginning of april. so i agree with wingman, apply EARLY or NOW!
 
palmtree said:
i actually just sent in my app last week, but i havent heard back yet. i'm gonna call them up tommorow to see what the status is..

i got a 2.65 and a 33 on the mcat...my extracurriculars/mcat are very competitive..i teach the mcat for the princeton review, published author, EMT..its just my gpa thats the monkey on my back. anyways, i'll hit you up if i hear anything.

if anyone else hears anything, let us know!

i'm pulling 4 u. i'm in a similar boat with similar stats. kim, the phone interviewer for the ims, said they would be reviewing the 1st group of apps already interviewed beginning of april.
 
I am a current IMS student what do you want to know? Wingman was basically correct in his assesment of the percentages of who gets into a medical school in their IMS/MMS year.

palmtree said:
just wanted to see what the word is on drexel IMS..anyone apply/interview yet? anybody know what the average stats are for this program?

anyones opinions are welcome!
 
Do students get into a good mix of schools or do they mostly go to Drexel?
 
They have a list of schools that people were accepted to in the past. Although California schools are poorly represented I think that reflects the difficulty of getting into CA schools. A lot of students are from CA. The majority of people get into a very good mix of schools. I would say most do not go to Drexel. However if Drexel is what you want and given the difficulty of getting into any medical school your are at an advantage by getting a guaranteed interview.

chaeymaey said:
Do students get into a good mix of schools or do they mostly go to Drexel?