2026-2027 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

Started by DoctorKe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While I understand that the Admissions office is swamped and busy with so many things, I worry for out of state applicants. Having less than a month to find housing, sort out loans, moving family, etc., is onerous.

Let's hope for some great news soon 🙏.
 
While I understand that the Admissions office is swamped and busy with so many things, I worry for out of state applicants. Having less than a month to find housing, sort out loans, moving family, etc., is onerous.

Let's hope for some great news soon 🙏.
I totally agree! It's a lot of changes and to also get mentally ready to either start this program or having to figure out plan B and what to do instead. Thank god they at least offer the dorms for the summer term, so thats one less thing to stress over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A! interviewed 4/29 as well. Earlier in the day before the A, I had an "awaiting transcripts" update to my portal even though I had already submitted my transcripts then around 3:45-ish I got the A!!
 
Last edited:
A! interviewed 4/29 as well. Earlier in the day before the A, I had an "awaiting transcripts" update to my portal even though I had already submitted by transcripts then around 3:45-ish I got the A!!
Same thing happened to me!! I saw "awaiting transcripts" and when I scrolled down it said if I didn't submit them, it would affect my registration. I knew I submitted everything, so I was confused. The next time I refreshed, I had the A!! Also interviewed on 4/29
 
Has anyone who applied on 4/10 heard anything? It still says that my application is complete and under review. I’m getting worried.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all I interviewed 4/15 do you think its cooked for me in terms of an acceptance?
You never know! Don't count yourself out, we have no idea how they are actually reviewing applications and in what order. Stay hopeful and I hope we hear good news soon. Don't lose hope, but maybe think about plan B,C and D lol just in case!
 
Hello! I recently graduated from DPMS and matriculated to DUCOM, so I thought I would share some more insight from my personal experience, along with some advice. I apologize if this is lengthy!

- This past year, the cohort of ~60 students was roughly 3/4 track 1 and 1/4 track 2 to begin. I remember admin saying it was roughly 50/50 usually, but the breakdown may just come down to the pool of applicants each year.

- For prospective track 2 (non-MCAT) students: You will take all of the same classes as your track 1 peers, along with 2 additional courses in neuroscience-related fields plus one immunology course (all are P/F). Unfortunately, some of these exams will also fall between your biochem, physio, and micro exams. You will eventually learn the term trifecta but I will leave that subject alone for now 🙂

- General advice: Take a look at the credits assigned to each course. Biochem is 6 credits!!! You must try to do as well as you possibly can in this course so that you do not need to play GPA catch-up in the spring. Find what resources work for you during the summer session. A lot of people use 3rd party resources (bootcamp is the most common for content review), while some will only look at the assigned readings. In my experience, the benefit of these 3rd party resources is heavily dependent on the course, since the exam styles can differ significantly, along with the level of detail you are expected to know.

This program is a solid option for those of us who are underrepresented in medicine, but that cannot be all you consider. I urge everyone to look at the financial impact this could have on you depending on your situation. Since GradPLUS loans are effectively gone, you will be allocating money from your 200K$ per lifetime cap on unsubsidized loans for graduate school. To put this into perspective, Drexel's med school tuition this year is 80K, over 4 years that is 320K, meaning you will have to borrow upwards of 120K$ privately for med school. That is just for tuition alone, not including rent, food, transportation, etc. DPMS is around 45K I believe and you get a few thousand in unsubsidized loans. All that said, this is not meant to scare anyone. Rather be aware of this, plan accordingly, and make the best decision for you.

I came into this program expecting it to be difficult, and I still believe I underestimated it. Yes, it is possible to succeed here, but unfortunately, not everyone will. I will say I have never been more stressed and anxious in my entire life, so please learn how to manage that for yourselves before the program begins. With our class being only the 2nd class to have the new increased GPA requirement, there is still some uncertainty with how many people each year will successfully matriculate. In reality, you are learning medical school-level content and expected to get at least Bs and B+ just to get by. Medical school is pass-fail at Drexel.

I genuinely hope everyone who wants to do this program gets in and succeeds, and I am so proud of everyone in my class for getting through the year. It was not easy by any means! If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask here or PM me.
 
To add to the other posts from DPMS alum…this program is not for the weak. You will feel like giving up and the odds are against you statistically. Most exams offer little room for error. As an example you will take a physiology course in the fall and spring semester…exams are an average of 30 questions. One exam was 18 questions. These are not layup questions either, so get used to clinical correlate/third order questions throughout the year. Also will add that you will have struggles in track 1 or track 2. There’s not much of a difference in difficulty to make contract. The gpa requirement does not reflect the ease of passing classes at DUCOM. Good luck to all who are applying or who got in. Just be wary that this is a difficult opportunity to get into medical school(high risk, high reward) but it’s also rewarding to get a masters degree. Don’t make the mistake of seeing it as a conditional acceptance because DPMS will be an uphill battle. The fall is much more loaded than the spring. The summer session is too easy to compare to the rest of the year. Stay positive, rely on your classmates, and don’t be afraid to change your approach as needed!
 
based on previous threads it looks like 5/28 ish is the last date they send acceptances. i interviewed 5/6 getting nervous…
 
I took the Casper on May 14th at 8pm, and it finally delivered my score to the schools! I really hope that means I can hear back soon. Did anyone who took it on May 14th already hear back?
 
I took the Casper on May 14th at 8pm, and it finally delivered my score to the schools! I really hope that means I can hear back soon. Did anyone who took it on May 14th already hear back?
Im in the same boat as you. Did you receive your score?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im in the same boat as you. Did you receive your score?
im glad im not alone in this! No, it finally says today "Completed - Results delivered" and that's enough for me lol, as long as Drexel at least gets my score. it does say that we should get our scores around 4-5 wks after exam date so not for some time.

I really hope we hear something this week! I am getting really anxious and this is my top and "only" option really.
 
im glad im not alone in this! No, it finally says today "Completed - Results delivered" and that's enough for me lol, as long as Drexel at least gets my score. it does say that we should get our scores around 4-5 wks after exam date so not for some time.

I really hope we hear something this week! I am getting really anxious and this is my top and "only" option really.
When was your interview.

Yea I hope I hear back this week! Im in the same boat this is my top and only choice. I hope this exam isnt the reason I dont get in because I was so unprepared for it.
 
I took the Casper on May 14th at 8pm, and it finally delivered my score to the schools! I really hope that means I can hear back soon. Did anyone who took it on May 14th already hear back?
@prestuan If I remember correctly, I think the last day for eligible CASPer exams for the DPMS program was 4/30, but I could be wrong, if anyone else knows/or remembers and can clarify! They could have also just said that for the people in my particular interview group (4/8) so I could be wrong!
 
@prestuan If I remember correctly, I think the last day for eligible CASPer exams for the DPMS program was 4/30, but I could be wrong, if anyone else knows/or remembers and can clarify!
In the email I was sent with the information for my interview (which was already on May 1st to interview for 5/6) it said the info about Casper and the May 15th deadline.

I was also a bit nervous for the Casper deadline but they provided that date.