2026-2027 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

Started by DoctorKe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In the email I was sent with the information for my interview (which was already on May 1st to interview for 5/6) it said the info about Casper and the May 15th deadline.
Yes, I think 4/30 was specific to my interview group! Sorry for any confusion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! For accepted students is there an existing group me? Or a way for us all to chat before the upcoming summer session?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By the way, i would check the portal even if you did not receive an email. I interviewed 5/6 and got accepted yesterday via the portal. I still haven't gotten the official email either too.
 
Hi everyone! Congrats on the acceptance. I just finished DPMS and will be starting medical school at Drexel in August. I was in your position last year so I understand how difficult the wait can be, most of everyone should be hearing soon. It was a TOUGH year, but also so rewarding. Those of you that have been accepted please enjoy your summer and relax! You guys will probably have a ton of questions, feel free to reach out to me, I’m here to help! Also a tip for summer housing, although DPMS provides summer housing they do make you move out before fall semester and it’s gets quite hectic between the summer to fall transition. I would recommend looking for a year long lease at a nearby apartment, mostly all should be walking distance to HSB. It will save you time and stress after the summer semester! It is an insanely hard year but each one of you are capable of meeting contract! Good luck.
 
If the GroupMe link is expired, I think only the owner/admin can create an updated link, but I’m not entirely sure! Maybe the owner/admin can reshare it?
 
Hi everyone! Congrats on the acceptance. I just finished DPMS and will be starting medical school at Drexel in August. I was in your position last year so I understand how difficult the wait can be, most of everyone should be hearing soon. It was a TOUGH year, but also so rewarding. Those of you that have been accepted please enjoy your summer and relax! You guys will probably have a ton of questions, feel free to reach out to me, I’m here to help! Also a tip for summer housing, although DPMS provides summer housing they do make you move out before fall semester and it’s gets quite hectic between the summer to fall transition. I would recommend looking for a year long lease at a nearby apartment, mostly all should be walking distance to HSB. It will save you time and stress after the summer semester! It is an insanely hard year but each one of you are capable of meeting contract! Good luck.
Congratulations on making contract!!
 
Hi everyone! Congrats on the acceptance. I just finished DPMS and will be starting medical school at Drexel in August. I was in your position last year so I understand how difficult the wait can be, most of everyone should be hearing soon. It was a TOUGH year, but also so rewarding. Those of you that have been accepted please enjoy your summer and relax! You guys will probably have a ton of questions, feel free to reach out to me, I’m here to help! Also a tip for summer housing, although DPMS provides summer housing they do make you move out before fall semester and it’s gets quite hectic between the summer to fall transition. I would recommend looking for a year long lease at a nearby apartment, mostly all should be walking distance to HSB. It will save you time and stress after the summer semester! It is an insanely hard year but each one of you are capable of meeting contract! Good luck.
Hi! Congratulations on making contract!! Would you be able to let us know what places most people in the program tend to live?
 
interviewed on 4/8, I think they said everyone would have decisions by the second week of june
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Congratulations on making contract!! Would you be able to let us know what places most people in the program tend to live?
Definitely! A lot of people I knew lived at Paloma and ANOVA, which is a 1 minute walk from HSB. I will say that it is very expensive and many are moving out from there now. Finding anything 5-20 mins walking distance is ideal, since you’ll always be walking to class, and everything is nearby. Many lived at Evo. As well as University realty at 4200 Ludlow. Finding a roommate now and signing a 12 month lease will save you time and money, since move out + finding an apartment after summer is stressful, especially since many are sold out by then. Be wary of those promotional deals, since DPMS will end in May, and having a lease till August means paying the extra rent. Rent wise, Paloma, Anova, and Evo are pretty high, Ludlow is very cost efficient (925~). Let me know if you have any other questions!
 
For those that didn’t get interview invites, did you get R’s yesterday too? Also if we get considered for the other programs when would we find out?
 
For those that didn’t get interview invites, did you get R’s yesterday too? Also if we get considered for the other programs when would we find out?
I still don't have a decision yet on my portal, and I didn't get an interview invite either as of now.
 
I have yet to receive an interview invite. Is it slow for me💔?
Ill be super honest, I do not think they are interviewing anymore. The last interview would have been today. Im sorry 🙁 Good luck you got this! This is not the end all be all. Check out NOVA in flordia they have a good program as well.
 
anyone having trouble with financial aid? i was offered a very small amount that doesnt even cover tuition... I still have living expenses to worry about.
 
anyone having trouble with financial aid? i was offered a very small amount that doesnt even cover tuition... I still have living expenses to worry about.
The new federal changes to student loans are a b!tch. Reach out to the financial aid office but you're most likely looking at taking out private loans.
 
Luckily I got accepted to a MD/PhD program. I'm glad this program rejected me, bc no way I'm going to pay 380k+ tuition alone for this inferior med school, I asked others and even the ones outside the field they all say drexel med school is inferior. And the most concern thing is they take advantage of disadvantaged students. The way they conducted the interview, especially the person with the name Le, she looked like if she couldn't get into med school no one could, was very rude and unprofessional. To those who got rejected, don't give up hope, another much better door is waiting for you to open. Best of luck to you all!
 
Last edited:
Luckily I got accepted to a MD/PhD program. I'm glad this program rejected me, bc no way I'm going to pay 380k+ tuition alone for this inferior med school, I asked others and even the ones outside the field they all say drexel med school is inferior. And the most concern thing is they take advantage of disadvantaged students. The way they conducted the interview, especially the person with last name Le, she looked like if she couldn't get into med school no one could, was very rude and unprofessional. To those who got rejected, don't give up hope, another much better door is waiting for you to open. Best of luck to you all!
It you don’t mind me asking what program did you apply to?
 
Luckily I got accepted to a MD/PhD program. I'm glad this program rejected me, bc no way I'm going to pay 380k+ tuition alone for this inferior med school, I asked others and even the ones outside the field they all say drexel med school is inferior. And the most concern thing is they take advantage of disadvantaged students. The way they conducted the interview, especially the person with the name Le, she looked like if she couldn't get into med school no one could, was very rude and unprofessional. To those who got rejected, don't give up hope, another much better door is waiting for you to open. Best of luck to you all!
I'm sorry about your interview OP, but for someone who's going to be an MD/PhD, you sound awfully resentful. You call DUCOM inferior yet you went through all the trouble of submitting various documents and hitting the apply button. Instead of spreading negativity about a school based on a personal experience, be grateful for your future and what it has in store. There are many that would kill to be in your shoes right now!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sorry about your interview OP, but for someone who's going to be an MD/PhD, you sound awfully resentful. You call DUCOM inferior yet you went through all the trouble of submitting various documents and hitting the apply button. Instead of spreading negativity about a school based on a personal experience, be grateful for your future and what it has in store. There are many that would kill to be in your shoes right now!
Didn't you read my post? Many people say that it's inferior, not me. They told me it's well-known as the lowest of all low-tier med school, and other bad reputation. Idc bc I don't go there, it's not my personal experience. If you want to argue then go argue with them, not me. It's understandable that you spend near half a million for tuition so you have to protect that school, but be careful that school title is going to go after you your whole life. As for me I just speak about the disadvantaged students are being taken advantage of, the whole processs seems like they don't even respect and look down on these disadvantaged students, which is concerning and should never have happened. The truth remains the truth. And no thanks, I won't spend near half a million to get the title of an inferior school. Peace.
 
Same here, very confused tho because I didn’t get an interview invite so I’m guessing they’re waiting until the very end to send me the R
 
Luckily I got accepted to a MD/PhD program. I'm glad this program rejected me, bc no way I'm going to pay 380k+ tuition alone for this inferior med school, I asked others and even the ones outside the field they all say drexel med school is inferior. And the most concern thing is they take advantage of disadvantaged students. The way they conducted the interview, especially the person with the name Le, she looked like if she couldn't get into med school no one could, was very rude and unprofessional. To those who got rejected, don't give up hope, another much better door is waiting for you to open. Best of luck to you all!
I agree with this statement. As a DPMS graduate, I found the program to be disorganized, and I felt that both Le and Dr. Bright, the program director, handled aspects of administration in an unprofessional manner. In my experience, there also appeared to be a disconnect between program leadership and the realities and demands of medical training and healthcare environments.

Congratulations to you — that is an amazing opportunity. For those who were not accepted, better opportunities are absolutely ahead, and in many ways, you may ultimately look back and consider it a blessing in disguise.
 
Last edited:
Interviewed 5/11, accepted 5/21.
1) Is there a GroupMe for the class?
2) Does anyone know the summer course schedule and what the first weeks will look like? I am curious about whether July 4th will be observed and if there will be any mandatory events scheduled on July 3rd.