Drexel MBS vc BU MAMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctressM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Non-Trads,
Please help.

I have applied to med school twice to no avail. My grades are too low (3.0/ 27 MCAT) and although I have tons and tons of experience, nobody seems to care. I have accepted that is a numbers game and nothing else weighs as much (highly disappointed by this).
Let me explain my circumstances; I am an immigrant and I am alone. No family, no financial support, my parents are back in south america and they cannot help me AT ALL. No partner. Etc. This is why I have bad grades, did undergrad as undocumented and had to work full time and do full time course load. So money is a big issue. I have a green card now, and I am building my credit.

My current options are: Drexel MBS 28k per year, for two years but it leaves me with no marketable skills. SO cheaper than the other option but if I dont get into medical school, I wasted the money.
BU MAMS/Mental health 50k per year, three years. But it is a dual program and I come out with a masters of mental health which will get me a job if I dont get into medical school.

I am looking for input from other immigrants, independent, older students without privilege for whom money is a big deal. all my pre-med friends are trust fund babies, WASPS, momma's kids.

My long term goal is to be a psychiatrist. I currently work in clinical trials.

Members don't see this ad.