You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
DRoP the WW sign ups and game thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm leaving for Italy tomorrow, so can't play. Good luck, all! I'm excited to join the next game after this one from like.. a real laptop too 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What age group are these books geared towards? I'm always looking for books for my son who is now 18.
I read them as a teenager originally but still enjoy as an adult, sure they'd be fine with him. They straddle the line of sci-fi/fantasy if that's up his alley.What age group are these books geared towards? I'm always looking for books for my son who is now 18.
I was 19 when I first started reading the series. I got them from my mother. So to me, they are ageless. There is sex, but not graphically described. There is violence, but again, not graphic. so, fine for a teenager, and fine for an adult.
I had never read them but read the trilogy last week for this game. Definitely young adult in my opinion. Very tame.
I think I started on them in about 3rd to 5th grade. But basing age on what I read at a given time is not a great indicator, since I read Mists of Avalon in 5th or 6th grade and I would not now say it was appropriate.
D
deleted676737
I read some of the books back in middle school, personally. Honestly don't remember a whole lot so I'll probably refresh myself on the major events/characters of the first three before the game starts, haha.
1. Filly Bay
2. MJ
3. WildZoo
4. Dyachei
5. katashark
6. Html
7. Guisantes
8. Jilary
9. Devastating
10. Gwenevre
11. Sandstorm
12. PBC
13. LoTF
14. Kam
15. vetmedhead
16. STL
17. SOV
18. BBC
19. Animal midwife
20. ResoluteMike
21. Lupin
22. FFM
23.Promethean
24. morninqlory
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
Finishing my first AHEMS on Monday. Yay!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
2. MJ
3. WildZoo
4. Dyachei
5. katashark
6. Html
7. Guisantes
8. Jilary
9. Devastating
10. Gwenevre
11. Sandstorm
12. PBC
13. LoTF
14. Kam
15. vetmedhead
16. STL
17. SOV
18. BBC
19. Animal midwife
20. ResoluteMike
21. Lupin
22. FFM
23.Promethean
24. morninqlory
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
Finishing my first AHEMS on Monday. Yay!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
hmm....
Doooo eeeeettt!!!!hmm....
I happen to be off the next 2 weeks....Doooo eeeeettt!!!!![]()
1. Filly Bay
2. MJ
3. WildZoo
4. Dyachei
5. katashark
6. Html
7. Guisantes
8. Jilary
9. Devastating
10. Gwenevre
11. Sandstorm
12. PBC
13. LoTF
14. Kam
15. vetmedhead
16. STL
17. SOV
18. BBC
19. Animal midwife
20. ResoluteMike
21. Lupin
22. FFM
23.Promethean
24. morninqlory
25. Abney
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
Done 😉
Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
2. MJ
3. WildZoo
4. Dyachei
5. katashark
6. Html
7. Guisantes
8. Jilary
9. Devastating
10. Gwenevre
11. Sandstorm
12. PBC
13. LoTF
14. Kam
15. vetmedhead
16. STL
17. SOV
18. BBC
19. Animal midwife
20. ResoluteMike
21. Lupin
22. FFM
23.Promethean
24. morninqlory
25. Abney
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
Done 😉
Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
1. Filly Bay
2. MJ
3. WildZoo
4. Dyachei
5. katashark
6. Html
7. Guisantes
8. Jilary
9. Devastating
10. Gwenevre
11. Sandstorm
12. PBC
13. LoTF
14. Kam
15. vetmedhead
16. STL
17. SOV
18. BBC
19. Animal midwife
20. ResoluteMike
21. Lupin
22. FFM
23.Promethean
24. morninqlory
25. Abney
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
Done 😉
Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can fill a spot..... I can't be as active as last game, but I'll play.
Just gonna contingency vote to
***lynch SOV***
now, so that that is out of the way.
Just gonna contingency vote to
***lynch SOV***
now, so that that is out of the way.
i strongly object to this type of play, and now i really am convinced you are a wolf.I can fill a spot..... I can't be as active as last game, but I'll play.
Just gonna contingency vote to
***lynch SOV***
now, so that that is out of the way.
double lynch LIS.
1. Filly Bay
2. MJ
3. WildZoo
4. Dyachei
5. katashark
6. Html
7. Guisantes
8. Jilary
9. Devastating
10. Gwenevre
11. Sandstorm
12. PBC
13. LoTF
14. Kam
15. vetmedhead
16. STL
17. SOV
18. BBC
19. Animal midwife
20. ResoluteMike
21. Lupin
22. FFM
23.Promethean
24. morninqlory
25. Abney
26.Lynch LIS
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
2. MJ
3. WildZoo
4. Dyachei
5. katashark
6. Html
7. Guisantes
8. Jilary
9. Devastating
10. Gwenevre
11. Sandstorm
12. PBC
13. LoTF
14. Kam
15. vetmedhead
16. STL
17. SOV
18. BBC
19. Animal midwife
20. ResoluteMike
21. Lupin
22. FFM
23.Promethean
24. morninqlory
25. Abney
26.Lynch LIS
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
Ok so we technically have the numbers. I am going to a movie in an hour and when i get home I'll start sending out roles. If people still want to jump in after wards I'm cool with late comers through tomorrow probably. The more the merrier 🙂
Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
I've got my Crown and Coke going. I am ready to begin.Ok so we technically have the numbers. I am going to a movie in an hour and when i get home I'll start sending out roles. If people still want to jump in after wards I'm cool with late comers through tomorrow probably. The more the merrier 🙂
Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
So let's go live then. Roles coming out 🙂
JK - technical difficulty, gimme a sec
Edit #2: here we go
JK - technical difficulty, gimme a sec
Edit #2: here we go
Last edited:
Welcome to Pern! For thousands of years people have lived on Pern, working in holds, crafting in halls, or caring for the magnificent dragons in their weyrs. Approximately every 250 years, the Red Star (an eccentric planet in the solar system) spins close enough to Pern to drop it's deadly organic-life-devouring "thread" on hall, hold, and weyr. Destructable by fire and water, the great fire-breathing dragons and their riders brave the threadfall to sear the thread in the sky, allowing it to fall harmlessly to the ground as ash. However, it has been 400 turns (years) since thread last fell on Pern, and tithing to the currently unemployed dragon riders is a burden the holds may no longer be willing to bear. Political upheaval is also occurring, when lord holders dare to try to rule more than one hold. We will begin the night cycle (Night 1) tonight.
RULES OF THE GAME:
PM's: ALL PM groups will be set up for you. Check the roster to see which "Hold" you currently belong to. You may NOT set up individual PM's with members of your hold, though you may chat within the hold group PM.
EDITING: No major editing allowed, only typos and minor edits. If you're not sure, ask.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE THEME: @killerleaf and @Zensing will be playing the role of an NPC (AIVAS) this game. You may message them in an individual PM, your hold PM, or the main game thread to ask any questions related to the THEME only, no game-specific questions will be answered by the AIVAS 🙂.
OTHER NOTES: I made a complicated game, therefore your morning results may come in multiple PMs. Don't consider your results final until the on-thread write up has been posted (and if you think I missed you just shoot us a PM on your individual thread!).
Roster:
Ruatha Hold
@Filly Bay
@lhmhtd
@StartingoverVet
@ResoluteMike
@Promethean
@DVMDream
Fort Hold
@dyachei
@Gwenevre
@vetmedhead
@BeautifulBritishColumbia
@Flim Flam Man
@SummerTheLynx
Telgar Hold
@WildZoo
@guisantes
@Mad Jack
@Kam325
@morninqlory
Southern Hold
@SandstormDVM
@Abney
@LadyOtheFarm
@Lupin21
@LetItSnow
Tillek Hold
@PrincessButterCup
@katashark
@Jilary
@Devastating
@Animal Midwife
Tonight's deadline is going to be long, because your mod likes to sleep in and hasn't gotten the chance lately. Let's say NOON CST.
(Psst let me know if I've forgotten to send you your role or set up a PM, it's a bit chaotic)
RULES OF THE GAME:
PM's: ALL PM groups will be set up for you. Check the roster to see which "Hold" you currently belong to. You may NOT set up individual PM's with members of your hold, though you may chat within the hold group PM.
EDITING: No major editing allowed, only typos and minor edits. If you're not sure, ask.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE THEME: @killerleaf and @Zensing will be playing the role of an NPC (AIVAS) this game. You may message them in an individual PM, your hold PM, or the main game thread to ask any questions related to the THEME only, no game-specific questions will be answered by the AIVAS 🙂.
OTHER NOTES: I made a complicated game, therefore your morning results may come in multiple PMs. Don't consider your results final until the on-thread write up has been posted (and if you think I missed you just shoot us a PM on your individual thread!).
Roster:
Ruatha Hold
@Filly Bay
@lhmhtd
@StartingoverVet
@ResoluteMike
@Promethean
@DVMDream
Fort Hold
@dyachei
@Gwenevre
@vetmedhead
@BeautifulBritishColumbia
@Flim Flam Man
@SummerTheLynx
Telgar Hold
@WildZoo
@guisantes
@Mad Jack
@Kam325
@morninqlory
Southern Hold
@SandstormDVM
@Abney
@LadyOtheFarm
@Lupin21
@LetItSnow
Tillek Hold
@PrincessButterCup
@katashark
@Jilary
@Devastating
@Animal Midwife
Tonight's deadline is going to be long, because your mod likes to sleep in and hasn't gotten the chance lately. Let's say NOON CST.
(Psst let me know if I've forgotten to send you your role or set up a PM, it's a bit chaotic)
Last edited:
I see this thread title and say DROP very dramatically in my head.
First is worst, second is best, third is the one with the hairy chest!
. . . does that post make me third? Doesn't matter, I'm still the best. 😀
Not in the year of the olympics. I am ready for some Zika!First is worst, second is best, third is the one with the hairy chest!
Feel free to submit night actions any time 

First is worst, second is best, third is the one with the hairy chest!
********
It is zero the hero, first the worst, second the best and third the golden turd. Get it right. 😛
*********
You want in? You know you do... I can add you... super easy... then you'd be the golden turd (as the third player to post? why not)********
It is zero the hero, first the worst, second the best and third the golden turd. Get it right. 😛
*********
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It should be against some rule for DVMD to not play a game that's about dragons.You want in? You know you do... I can add you... super easy... then you'd be the golden turd (as the third player to post? why not)
You want in? You know you do... I can add you... super easy... then you'd be the golden turd (as the third player to post? why not)
Sigh I'm trying to take a break. But since you're putting a gun to my head (and there's something about dragons)... ok, I'll play. 🙂
Fugs man it's been at least like 3 years since I've played!
I keep reading it as "drop the bass" and then hear dubstep in my brainI see this thread title and say DROP very dramatically in my head.
**********
Thanks for the tag!
But, I wanna spectate this game. So do more things. 🙂
**********
Thanks for the tag!
But, I wanna spectate this game. So do more things. 🙂
**********
I am probably going to be away from computer all day.
contingency lynch LIS
just to get that out of the way.
contingency lynch LIS
just to get that out of the way.
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
It seems quite a few people haven't checked in yet. I am hereby extending the deadline to NOON CST.
Thank you for your attention.
It seems quite a few people haven't checked in yet. I am hereby extending the deadline to NOON CST.
Thank you for your attention.
How should we submit actions? If we come to a conclusion in our Hold PM, do we need to take further action to bring that to the attention of the mods?
If someone chooses to tithe their action, they may say so in their Hold PM or individual PM. If they claim to wish to tithe in their Hold PM, they may choose to privately rescind that offer in their individual PM, but if they do not rescind then they should consider their ability tithed for the night.How should we submit actions? If we come to a conclusion in our Hold PM, do we need to take further action to bring that to the attention of the mods?
AKA if you're following the Hold plan, no further notification is needed.
Unacceptable. They were all tagged. May thread rain down upon them!PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
It seems quite a few people haven't checked in yet. I am hereby extending the deadline to NOON CST.
Thank you for your attention.
I know she said there would be a lot of abilities this game, but this setup sounds like there are no vanillagers.
Night closed. Results Pending. SORRY they may pend for awhile, forgot I had lunch with the BF's parents (that I'm now late for) unless my lovely co-mod can do it!
We can probably make something happen, but will need to talk!So sad I just saw this![]()
Night closed, results pending (x2)! Give me a few, though, was up quite late and working on caffeinating.
Last edited:
Morning on Pern dawned bright and clear. No signs of Thread anywhere, other than the baleful Red Star glowing in the North Eastern sky. The holders grumbled, all their tithes going down the drain for no purpose. It had been an exciting night for some however, as abilities were tested, people were snatched out of the air, riddles were discovered, and drinks were shared.
No one has died this night.
It is now Day 1. Lynch deadline is 9PM CST. Roster is unchanged.
Roster:
Ruatha Hold
@Filly Bay
@lhmhtd
@StartingoverVet
@ResoluteMike
@Promethean
@DVMDream
Fort Hold
@dyachei
@Gwenevre
@vetmedhead
@BeautifulBritishColumbia
@Flim Flam Man
@SummerTheLynx
Telgar Hold
@WildZoo
@guisantes
@Mad Jack
@Kam325
@morninqlory
Southern Hold
@SandstormDVM
@Abney
@LadyOtheFarm
@Lupin21
@LetItSnow
Tillek Hold
@PrincessButterCup
@katashark
@Jilary
@Devastating
@Animal Midwife
@hazelmoo
No one has died this night.
It is now Day 1. Lynch deadline is 9PM CST. Roster is unchanged.
Roster:
Ruatha Hold
@Filly Bay
@lhmhtd
@StartingoverVet
@ResoluteMike
@Promethean
@DVMDream
Fort Hold
@dyachei
@Gwenevre
@vetmedhead
@BeautifulBritishColumbia
@Flim Flam Man
@SummerTheLynx
Telgar Hold
@WildZoo
@guisantes
@Mad Jack
@Kam325
@morninqlory
Southern Hold
@SandstormDVM
@Abney
@LadyOtheFarm
@Lupin21
@LetItSnow
Tillek Hold
@PrincessButterCup
@katashark
@Jilary
@Devastating
@Animal Midwife
@hazelmoo
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems we have an ability stealer in the game. They attempted and failed on me last night.
So do we or do we not want threads? Or does that even matter? The write-up seems like holders are disappointed but I thought they were harmful? Or do holders just want the riders to get off their lazy behinds and do something?
So do we or do we not want threads? Or does that even matter? The write-up seems like holders are disappointed but I thought they were harmful? Or do holders just want the riders to get off their lazy behinds and do something?
Thread is bad, but I think the holders are upset because they tithe to the dragon riders but the dragon riders are unnecessary because there is no Thread
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 182
- Views
- 6K
- Replies
- 250
- Views
- 23K
