Drug Testing Questions:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He has some serious balls! LOL:laugh:

I once saw somebody do a line off a hand dryer in the bathroom at a club :laugh::laugh:
now I know why all tp dispensers in las vegas bathrooms have flat tops.

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard for me to be against legalization simply because the taxes could fund healthcare. I don't see this happening but it sure is a nice thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's hard for me to be against legalization simply because the taxes could fund healthcare. I don't see this happening but it sure is a nice thought.

Agreed. Ditto with regulated prostitution.

We could tax the crap out of marijuana (just like cigs) and definitely fund our pathetic excuse for a healthcare system.

The state is, but individual cities are not. I was at a convenience store in Corte Madeira when I was at a book signing last week and cigarettes were $6.99/pack for Marlboro Red.

p4- Have you been holding out on us all this time? Any author who goes on book-signing tours doesn't need to worry about pharmacy school! :laugh:

Alcohol is legal and you dont see people chugging fifths of vodka on their work break.

Customer: Id like to speak with the pharmacist

Clerk: Oh, he's doing a keg stand in the back, he'll be right with you

Customer: :mad::eek::scared:

Clerk: Why are you nervous? its legal

Yet, they would be fired within a week, unable to find another job, and have serious ramifications with the state board of pharmacy. The fact that people need a job to live might have something to do with it.

I was being sarcastic. I am not on Prozac, I do not drink Red Bull and I hardly ever take acetaminophen. Way to jump to conclusions. Clearly, you have not read the remainder of the conversation- you would see that I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana. Secondly, were you not the one that got busted for possession? Or, was it your friend? Now, let us please keep this conversation respectful. It is quite possible that we will be classmates in the fall since you are going to Minnesota and there is a likelihood I will be pulled off the waitlist. I am much more open-minded than you think but I do not need to defend myself here. So, let us just forget about this little "quarrel".

I agree, and you're right, I didn't read all the postings. "quarrel" over. But, I am still incognito... so F*** YOU. No, jk. thanks again for your advice...
-Respectfully

I see and understand your point of view :), but to provide a contrary point of view: why should we as a society limit entire's population access to something because certain individuals have addictive traits in their personality ?

Hypothetically only: if I wanted to smoke weed, why shouldn't be able to if I can control it, but persons XYZ can't ?

Alcohol is adictive, yet somehow we manage with the ratio of nonalcoholic/to alcholic or sober/to drunk pharmacists on the job, I don't think weed would be any different. :smuggrin:

I agree with you.

Yet, they would be fired within a week, unable to find another job, and have serious ramifications with the state board of pharmacy. The fact that people need a job to live might have something to do with it.
This very much depends on how you define: live

LOL, you got me on English syntax, damn you. I should rephrase that to read;

"While I was at an author's book signing."
:p

I wanted to join your side of your argument with that guy with the pokemon picture, but it seems like you covered yourself in all directions pretty well. Where's the high five emoticon?

Also, at the OP...have you checked the website for your target schools' admission process? I know UTexas only drug tests before doing rotations and not for admission. It's on their site.

I wanted to join your side of your argument with that guy with the pokemon picture, but it seems like you covered yourself in all directions pretty well. Where's the high five emoticon?

Also, at the OP...have you checked the website for your target schools' admission process? I know UTexas only drug tests before doing rotations and not for admission. It's on their site.

:highfive:

=]

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzN-pxn--tg[/YOUTUBE]

This thread raises some important questions for me. Can I no longer smoke pot or use other psychoactive substances as a pharmd student? As a future pharmacist, can I even ask that question without being incognito?

You want to police the inside of my body, my mind!?!

Is it any wonder that laws prohibiting the use of psychoactive drugs have been traditionally ignored?

Think about it, (It will help if you disregard what your high school health teacher told you)

Do you drink the DistilledBongH2O when you're done?

^^^LMFAO

This thread has gotten ridiculous. I loved the Promethius and Bob picture and the Avagadro's constant.

To the OP: Stop smoking pot. Enough said.

I'm still :laugh::laugh::laugh: at the guys user name, brilliant.

Current P3 student here, blaze everyday. :)

haha, whether you're serious or not.

I think people get pissed knowing a pot head got into a top pharm school, while they played by the silly rules their whole life but didn't.

Jokes on you, strait edgers. I have more fun than you and got in.

haha, whether you're serious or not.

I think people get pissed knowing a pot head got into a top pharm school, while they played by the silly rules their whole life but didn't.

Jokes on you, strait edgers. I have more fun than you and got in.

Doubt it ;)

If you can smoke pot and still get the pcat scores, GPA, LoRs, etc to get into a pharmacy school then I think that says something about how dangerous pot is. Not very!

dude I smoked a blunt and wooooo dude I was like talking to a dragon and he told me this joke man, wooooo dude what was I saying? <--- Pothead

dude I smoked a blunt and wooooo dude I was like talking to a dragon and he told me this joke man, wooooo dude what was I saying? <--- Pothead

Dude I play football hella good and like I can jump real high and since I run from cops all the time I am so fast. Oh yeah, watch your car stereo. <--- black guy.

Yeah, stereotypes are stereotypes.

You're an idiot just like Pharmwannabe.

Oh shut up, god get that stick out of your azz, I was having fun with this whole thing!

Hey, if some white coat wants to sip blueberry wine or puff blueberry bud on their free time, go ahead. I'm sure if legalized, it will be allowed. I'm also sure there will also be strict codes of conduct while working or on duty, so no bong hits during lunch break.

All sorts of drugs used to be available to people but some totalitarian named Nixon came along declared a War on Drugs, banning them all. Yes, Nixon, the mastermind of Watergate is the mastermind of the War on Drugs. Nixon, a racist who hated homosexuals, communists, and drugs users; a man so deranged he placed Johnny Carson on his enemies list. Nixon hated African-American and Hispanic culture so much he turned his white-bred Americans against them and away from the losing Vietnam War by using "Reefer Madness."

So good for you OP for sticking it to the man. Quite a month before you test, two to be sure, and do what you can to get the THC out of your system. It's fat soluble so it can stay in there a while. Only by challenging and refusing to obey or even recognize corrupt and inane laws can we make this country better.

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew when they drug test you for admissions? Is it before you start the semester or before u offically accept the college. This is important to me because i like green too much so i need to know when to say goodbye.

FAIL :thumbdown:

WOW - What an exciting thread... lol.

Thanks for the 20 minutes of entertainment :thumbup:

+1 Passion4Sci

LMAO @ the fact this thread is still going.

I enjoy my straight edge life. I really do. I had my fun back in undergrad, believe me :) we get the good **** here in AZ LOLOLOL but I drank a lil too much for my own good. Thank goodness I got that stuff outta my system when I was in my early 20's :)

So wait wait wait

You mean it's NOT okay to snort a line of coke off a hooker's behind right before the interview.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww snap

So wait wait wait

You mean it's NOT okay to snort a line of coke off a hooker's behind right before the interview.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww snap

this is the time for passion4sci to come out and try to defend the fact you can do a line of coke off a hooker's behind right before the interview.

Hey, if some white coat wants to sip blueberry wine or puff blueberry bud on their free time, go ahead. I'm sure if legalized, it will be allowed. I'm also sure there will also be strict codes of conduct while working or on duty, so no bong hits during lunch break.

All sorts of drugs used to be available to people but some totalitarian named Nixon came along declared a War on Drugs, banning them all. Yes, Nixon, the mastermind of Watergate is the mastermind of the War on Drugs. Nixon, a racist who hated homosexuals, communists, and drugs users; a man so deranged he placed Johnny Carson on his enemies list. Nixon hated African-American and Hispanic culture so much he turned his white-bred Americans against them and away from the losing Vietnam War by using "Reefer Madness."

So good for you OP for sticking it to the man. Quite a month before you test, two to be sure, and do what you can to get the THC out of your system. It's fat soluble so it can stay in there a while. Only by challenging and refusing to obey or even recognize corrupt and inane laws can we make this country better.

Don't forget about the hair follicle test!

Also, I too am a firm believer in civil disobedience. My dilemma is that my (our) chosen profession happens to be one with possibly the strictest required adherence to controlled substance laws (with good reason). We are the "keepers" of the controlled substances.
There will always be those out there that fly below the radar, almost "double agents" following the professional rules while secretly getting high and experiencing life as most never will.

I love Cannabis but, LSD, other tryptamines, and the wonderful world of phenethylamines blows pot out of the water.

Check em out!
If you would like to see for yourself how much we were lied to our whole lives

LMAO @ the fact this thread is still going.

I enjoy my straight edge life. I really do. I had my fun back in undergrad, believe me :) we get the good **** here in AZ LOLOLOL but I drank a lil too much for my own good. Thank goodness I got that stuff outta my system when I was in my early 20's :)

You really have to get your story strait.