-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Dublin c/o 2028
Started by Cowsrcool
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Emma Kelly
Full Member
I applied through VMCAS and haven't heard!
Erin Hanger
Full Member
I also applied through VMCAS and have not heard back. I've seen a few people get interview invitations, but it's looking like mostly from Midwest and east coast for NYC interviews. I think I saw one person got an interview for west coast in San Francisco. I know there's supposedly no pattern (or at least it changes every year) so I don't think anyone should loose hope yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also applied through VMCAS and have not heard back. I've seen a few people get interview invitations, but it's looking like mostly from Midwest and east coast for NYC interviews. I think I saw one person got an interview for west coast in San Francisco. I know there's supposedly no pattern (or at least it changes every year) so I don't think anyone should loose hope yet.
I applied through VMCAS but know in previous cycles that they sent out interviews into Feb. They also extend acceptances in December-January for some applicants that they do not even interview. No news is still good news right now!!!I applied through VMCAS and haven't heard!
I am a current UCD student. They can get back to people super late. No news is definitely good news. Also, things are a bit crazy right now, as we are going into finals and the admins are pretty crazed. Also, the person who usually handles a lot of the admissions stuff is out on leave. Hang in there, and best of luck. I know that it is a super stressful process.I applied through VMCAS but know in previous cycles that they sent out interviews into Feb. They also extend acceptances in December-January for some applicants that they do not even interview. No news is still good news right now!!!
pastalover23
Full Member
I was notified on November 21st for an interview held in San Francisco. Good luck to everyone!
pastalover23
Full Member
Hi! Could you provide any insight as to the interview? The email says 20-25 min and that seems so short I'm freaking out! Thank you!I am a current UCD student. They can get back to people super late. No news is definitely good news. Also, things are a bit crazy right now, as we are going into finals and the admins are pretty crazed. Also, the person who usually handles a lot of the admissions stuff is out on leave. Hang in there, and best of luck. I know that it is a super stressful process.
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
I have an interview in San Fran on Jan 8th!
It is a lovely, laid back interview. They really just want to know who you are and why you want to study at UCD. Mine was on Zoom, as it was during COVID. My only point of comparison (I only applied to 2 schools) was a high stress MMI. The UCD interview was a lot more fun!! The people who fly out to conduct the interviews are really wonderful. I would enjoy it and use it as a time to get a better sense of the school and the people.Hi! Could you provide any insight as to the interview? The email says 20-25 min and that seems so short I'm freaking out! Thank you!
Erin Hanger
Full Member
I got a UCD interview invite this morning for January 10th in San Francisco! WA, VMCAS applicant
CarolCat12
Full Member
Would you recommend uploading ACT and GRE scores to our applications?I am a current UCD student. They can get back to people super late. No news is definitely good news. Also, things are a bit crazy right now, as we are going into finals and the admins are pretty crazed. Also, the person who usually handles a lot of the admissions stuff is out on leave. Hang in there, and best of luck. I know that it is a super stressful process.
No. It really would not make a difference.Would you recommend uploading ACT and GRE scores to our applications?
pastalover23
Full Member
Thank you soooo much!It is a lovely, laid back interview. They really just want to know who you are and why you want to study at UCD. Mine was on Zoom, as it was during COVID. My only point of comparison (I only applied to 2 schools) was a high stress MMI. The UCD interview was a lot more fun!! The people who fly out to conduct the interviews are really wonderful. I would enjoy it and use it as a time to get a better sense of the school and the people.
Not sure of the exact percentage, but it is quite low based on my discussions with my classmates.Hello! Question for current UCD students. What's the percentage of students getting accepted without an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you, I see! Any idea what makes them qualified for skipping interviews?Not sure of the exact percentage, but it is quite low based on my discussions with my classmates.
Usually people who receive an acceptance with no interview are just applicants they feel 100% certain about admitting. Through looking at old forums I see maybe 2-3 people say they received an offer with no interview.Thank you, I see! Any idea what makes them qualified for skipping interviews?
OK, Thank you so much!Usually people who receive an acceptance with no interview are just applicants they feel 100% certain about admitting. Through looking at old forums I see maybe 2-3 people say they received an offer with no interview.
I was accepted without an interview last cycle. If you have any questions about stats or anything, you can message me!Thank you, I see! Any idea what makes them qualified for skipping interviews?
D
deleted1132500
I am in the same boat. Has anyone other than chacha gotten an interview invite in New York?I still have not heard and i am getting really nervous!!
I got one for New York for Jan 8thI am in the same boat. Has anyone other than chacha gotten an interview invite in New York?
D
deleted1132500
Congrats! Do you mind me asking when you received the invite?I got one for New York for Jan 8th
I have an interview invite in NYC. I got it the Nov. 22ndI am in the same boat. Has anyone other than chacha gotten an interview invite in New York?
Thank you! I got it morning if thanksgivingCongrats! Do you mind me asking when you received the invite?
do you know what date they gave you to confirm your interview byI have an interview in San Fran on Jan 8th!
I was given an interview jan 5th and I had until December 5th to responddo you know what date they gave you to confirm your interview by
pastalover23
Full Member
I had until December 6th to confirm!do you know what date they gave you to confirm your interview by
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent mine exactly 1 month beforehand.Hi everyone! Still waiting to hear from UCD...I'm wondering how long in advance would they send out interview invite? I will be traveling internationally during winter break so I need to plan my travel accordingly.
It is very low key. The only thing that I would say is look at the website and come up with some reasons why you want to go there. They will most likely ask you that. Other than that, it is really just a conversation. The people heading out to interview are very kind wonderful people. Try to enjoy it and use it as a time to get information from them about the program and what you can expect if you come here.Hey y'all! Just booked my flights for San Francisco Jan. 8th! Does anybody have any information on interview format or how best to prepare? Getting a lil anxious since all my other interviews have been over Zoom.
Not sure how late they send out the invites, but I believe that the interviews are the end of the 1st week in Jan through the start of the 2nd week. I am pretty sure that they only fly to the US once.Hi everyone! Still waiting to hear from UCD...I'm wondering how long in advance would they send out interview invite? I will be traveling internationally during winter break so I need to plan my travel accordingly.
Emma Kelly
Full Member
For those of you that have interview invites - has anyone had a lower GPA? I have plenty of experience/research but am nervous about my GPA holding me from getting an interview
Do you remember how long it took for you to hear a decision from them post- interview? panicked about the possibility of having to move abroad under short notice if that makes senseNot sure how late they send out the invites, but I believe that the interviews are the end of the 1st week in Jan through the start of the 2nd week. I am pretty sure that they only fly to the US once.
I believe that it was 2 or 3 weeks.Do you remember how long it took for you to hear a decision from them post- interview? panicked about the possibility of having to move abroad under short notice if that makes sense
Ok thank you! I will definitely do that!It is very low key. The only thing that I would say is look at the website and come up with some reasons why you want to go there. They will most likely ask you that. Other than that, it is really just a conversation. The people heading out to interview are very kind wonderful people. Try to enjoy it and use it as a time to get information from them about the program and what you can expect if you come here.
First year grad entry here! Ireland is very laid back about things. They send things out when they feel like it. The type A personality dies off in ya very fast once you’re over here haha. Right now the office is busy with finals and such. I wouldn’t start to worry just yet. Last year they kinda did things in batches. There were still interview invites being sent out when I received my offer a few weeks post interview!What email address did you guys receive an interview invite from? I'm west coast (CA) and haven't heard anything yet. My portal says "complete, submitted" and I haven't seen any email from "ucd.ie" so I'm a bit anxious
Thank you for the reassurance! lolFirst year grad entry here! Ireland is very laid back about things. They send things out when they feel like it. The type A personality dies off in ya very fast once you’re over here haha. Right now the office is busy with finals and such. I wouldn’t start to worry just yet. Last year they kinda did things in batches. There were still interview invites being sent out when I received my offer a few weeks post interview!
Hi there,
I have an interview with UC Dublin on the 4th and was hoping to get some extra insight into the program from vets/students who attended UCD. I’ve gone over the website and curriculum thoroughly but want something extra to make me stand out from the other applicants if possible.
I would like to become an equine vet and have spoken with some interns from UCD already but didn’t get any details that would make me seem super well prepared and having done my research.
Thanks!
I have an interview with UC Dublin on the 4th and was hoping to get some extra insight into the program from vets/students who attended UCD. I’ve gone over the website and curriculum thoroughly but want something extra to make me stand out from the other applicants if possible.
I would like to become an equine vet and have spoken with some interns from UCD already but didn’t get any details that would make me seem super well prepared and having done my research.
Thanks!
I would be happy to give you any insight I can. I am a 2nd year Grad Entry. What would you like to know?Hi there,
I have an interview with UC Dublin on the 4th and was hoping to get some extra insight into the program from vets/students who attended UCD. I’ve gone over the website and curriculum thoroughly but want something extra to make me stand out from the other applicants if possible.
I would like to become an equine vet and have spoken with some interns from UCD already but didn’t get any details that would make me seem super well prepared and having done my research.
Thanks!
pastalover23
Full Member
Happy New Year to everyone! Will anyone be attending the reception in SF on January 8th? If so, what's the dress code like, and do you know if dinner/snacks will be provided? Thank you all!!
Also, I live in SF, so if anyone has questions about the city or needs any recs (food, going out, best areas to stay), feel free to let me know! Best of luck with everything!
Also, I live in SF, so if anyone has questions about the city or needs any recs (food, going out, best areas to stay), feel free to let me know! Best of luck with everything!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so so much. I plan on becoming an equine vet. I know they have a very good equine program so anything that is related to the equine aspect of the program. Also, anything you think may be helpful for my interview would be greatI would be happy to give you any insight I can. I am a 2nd year Grad Entry. What would you like to know?
Brookietrout1626
Full Member
Hi there! I will also be in San Francisco! 🙂 For the reception I am planning on wearing trousers, a blouse and booties (hope that helps). I would assume that some sort of light food would be offered, but I am not entirely sure. Good luck to you!Happy New Year to everyone! Will anyone be attending the reception in SF on January 8th? If so, what's the dress code like, and do you know if dinner/snacks will be provided? Thank you all!!
Also, I live in SF, so if anyone has questions about the city or needs any recs (food, going out, best areas to stay), feel free to let me know! Best of luck with everything!
Erin Hanger
Full Member
I'm flying to San Francisco on Monday for the reception and my interview on Wednesday. I have my clothes all planned for both events but I'm wondering if I should bring a folder or portfolio of my application materials and additional accomplishments to give the interviewers. Would this be helpful to them (and help my case), or would it be annoying/overbearing? I would really appreciate an opinion from others who have interviewed and/or current students. Thanks!
I would recommend against it. They are super casual and laid back. It would feel a bit too type-A for them (rub them the wrong way). If you end up coming here it is a big adjustment to the laid back style.
Good luck on your interview. Enjoy the experience and use it as an opportunity to get a better sense of the program and the faculty. They are great people!!
Good luck on your interview. Enjoy the experience and use it as an opportunity to get a better sense of the program and the faculty. They are great people!!