Dublin c/o 2028

Started by Cowsrcool
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

By the way, did anyone find any possible accommodation sites outsides of the UCD campus? I have view a few student apartment but they basically all being fully booked 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By the way, did anyone find any possible accommodation sites outsides of the UCD campus? I have view a few student apartment but they basically all being fully booked 🙁
If you are looking off campus, I would try www.daft.ie. You can look in areas such as Donnybrook, Stillorgan, Blackrock, Dundrum. Just do not send money to anyone until you are 100% sure that the place is real. There are lots of scams.
 
Has anyone replaced their cell biology course prereq with something else and have luck?
I gave them two classes “cells, metabolism and genetics” and “cellular metabolism in animals”. They never requested syllabi and my conditional accept was just changed to accepted after submitting my final prereq transcript. Both were under the Animal Sciences dept, not bio.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just given an offer for their graduate entry program and I took it. Just have to get from Maine to Dublin by Sept 9th
Hello,

Sorry for posting this old thread but I was wondering if you could share your expierence on moving last minute from the states to Ireland.

I am an applicant to UCD this cycle and have yet to hear back yet. I am at the point now where if they offer me a spot it will be short notice.
 
Hello,

Sorry for posting this old thread but I was wondering if you could share your expierence on moving last minute from the states to Ireland.

I am an applicant to UCD this cycle and have yet to hear back yet. I am at the point now where if they offer me a spot it will be short notice.
It is definitely possible to move on relatively short notice. However, 5 months is not short notice. I have classmates who got off the waitlist in June, and moving over was no problem. However, waiting is very stressful.

What are your biggest concerns about the timing (what are you planning to do to prepare in the 4 or 5 months prior to moving that cannot be done 2 months ahead)? I might be able to allay some concerns.
 
It is definitely possible to move on relatively short notice. However, 5 months is not short notice. I have classmates who got off the waitlist in June, and moving over was no problem. However, waiting is very stressful.

What are your biggest concerns about the timing (what are you planning to do to prepare in the 4 or 5 months prior to moving that cannot be done 2 months ahead)? I might be able to allay some concerns.
Hello FarmGirl2,

One of my biggest concerns is that the timing of my application will most likely not result in a five month notice of acceptance.

I applied very early in the cycle for the 5-year program (VTS1), mid September 2025 to be exact. I have yet to even get an interview yet. My application has been stuck on further review since November 2025.

Henceforth, if I am to be accepted I believe it would be sometime in the middle of the summer leaving me with 1-2 months tops to make my logistical preparations and housing.

Truly waiting is incredibly stressful especially when you’re residing in a limbo state of acceptance.

Some of my biggest concerns with the short notice is securing housing for myself as I would’ve looking for either a back house type of rental or small cottage. (When I got my undergrad here in the states I never lived in a dorm setting and stayed at home for the years. So, I wouldn’t be wanting to put myself in a communal type living situation as a grown adult) Also I have no idea how much this program would cost total once you factor in living and eating expenses. With the high interest rate and changes to student loans I’m not sure how people are affording programs such as these as an international. Not to mention the simple interest that’s always accruing like the tick of a second hand on a clock.

Also, as I’ve mentioned in the current we cycle thread: I do truly want to be able to drive myself or at least have some sort of private transportation. So this would be another hurdle to accomplish.