Dublin 2024-2025 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

When it asks for "a recent passport photograph" on the application, is it asking for a photograph of your current passport or just the image of yourself that's in the passport (like the legally-compliant kind that you get taken at walgreens)?

Edit: Also, I think there is a typo in this thread's title: title says for 2024-2025 cycle but the body text says 2025-2026.
 
When it asks for "a recent passport photograph" on the application, is it asking for a photograph of your current passport or just the image of yourself that's in the passport (like the legally-compliant kind that you get taken at walgreens)?

Edit: Also, I think there is a typo in this thread's title: title says for 2024-2025 cycle but the body text says 2025-2026.
I would assume a photograph of your current passport (that's what I submitted).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a first time applicant to UCD VTS3 program, just had a quick question with their supplemental application. I remember in VMCAS we had to upload a passport and personal statement, but just trying to gauge if it's necessary to upload these documents (or any others aside from transcripts) in the UCD external supplemental in the "additional files" tab? It's hard to find this info on their website, so thanks in advance for clarifying!
 
I'm a first time applicant to UCD VTS3 program, just had a quick question with their supplemental application. I remember in VMCAS we had to upload a passport and personal statement, but just trying to gauge if it's necessary to upload these documents (or any others aside from transcripts) in the UCD external supplemental in the "additional files" tab? It's hard to find this info on their website, so thanks in advance for clarifying!
Did anyone find an answer to this? and also, does anyone know if we have to "submit for approval" our application files?
 
Did anyone find an answer to this? and also, does anyone know if we have to "submit for approval" our application files?
this is the email i got when i asked admissions:

"Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have the files you uploaded to your VMCAS application to hand in, it would be great if you could upload them to your UCD VMCAS Supplemental Application, which is currently showing as 'Incomplete'.

Let me know if you have any further questions - I'd be happy to help."

@ad321
 
Is anyone uploading letters of recommendation? Not sure how my daughter would do it since she applied through VMCAS (they should already have them and of course she has never seen them...).
 
Is anyone uploading letters of recommendation? Not sure how my daughter would do it since she applied through VMCAS (they should already have them and of course she has never seen them...).
This is my second time applying to Dublin. During my first application I only completed them on VMCAS. Nothing went wrong, and I ended up getting an interview then waitlisted.
 
this is the email i got when i asked admissions:

"Thanks for getting in touch.

If you have the files you uploaded to your VMCAS application to hand in, it would be great if you could upload them to your UCD VMCAS Supplemental Application, which is currently showing as 'Incomplete'.

Let me know if you have any further questions - I'd be happy to help."

@ad321
My daughter uploaded her CV, transcripts and personal statement. She then e-mailed UCD and asked if her file was complete and received the following response: "I've just had a look at your VTS3 application xxx and can see that you've uploaded a CV, a personal statement and a transcript from xxx. Everything looks to be in order and if we need to access any further supporting documents we can look at your VMCAS application." It's nice that she got to upload another CV because she's started a f/t job (she started after her VMCAS app was submitted) at a renowned animal hospital that will (hopefully) make her application more favorable.

If you're in doubt if your application is considered completed, I'd e-mail them -- they got back to my daughter in less than 24 hours.

Now we wait for interview notifications.
 
I'm a first time applicant to UCD VTS3 program, just had a quick question with their supplemental application. I remember in VMCAS we had to upload a passport and personal statement, but just trying to gauge if it's necessary to upload these documents (or any others aside from transcripts) in the UCD external supplemental in the "additional files" tab? It's hard to find this info on their website, so thanks in advance for clarifying!
I am in my 4th year at UCD. I believe that when I applied, I only re-uploaded my transcripts to the UCD portal.
 
I am in my 4th year at UCD. I believe that when I applied, I only re-uploaded my transcripts to the UCD portal.
How do you like UCD? Do you have to do EMS there? My daughter would be taking 2 cats -- do you know if that is a difficult process? Of course she can always leave 1 kiitty with me, but I don't think she would want to do that.
 
There is a lot that I love about the school, and some frustrations. I believe that that would be true for any school. Overall, I am very happy here, and believe that I made the right decision. There are 12 weeks of EMS during 1st and 2nd year, and 25 weeks of CEMS starting the summer after 2nd year, and to be completed by the end of final year.

Bringing a cat (or 2) over is a challenge in a couple of ways. There are a lot of requirements, and quite a bit of paperwork. However, it is doable, and there is no quarantine period. The biggest challenge is finding a place to live that will allow pets. There is a housing crisis in Dublin, so finding housing is a challenge. Most international students live on campus the 1st year, and start looking for 2nd year housing during spring semester of 1st year. She could not have a cat on campus.

That said, I do have a couple of classmates who brought a pet over 1st year. However, it was quite a challenge for them to find housing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a first time applicant to UCD VTS3 program, just had a quick question with their supplemental application. I remember in VMCAS we had to upload a passport and personal statement, but just trying to gauge if it's necessary to upload these documents (or any others aside from transcripts) in the UCD external supplemental in the "additional files" tab? It's hard to find this info on their website, so thanks in advance for clarifying!
I just happened to go for a walk and coffee with the person who handles this for the admission team, so I double checked with her. She said that all you have to upload are your transcripts. This is because they are needed to get you set in the University application system. Everything else they will get from your VMCAS application. Also, the transcripts do not need to be official. Just upload the unofficial ones that you probably already have.
 
I just happened to go for a walk and coffee with the person who handles this for the admission team, so I double checked with her. She said that all you have to upload are your transcripts. This is because they are needed to get you set in the University application system. Everything else they will get from your VMCAS application. Also, the transcripts do not need to be official. Just upload the unofficial ones that you probably already have.
Thanks so much for confirming!!
 
I’m so nervous for interview invites! I really love this school and am hoping I get a chance. Anyone have an idea when they will start rolling out?
 
I’m so nervous for interview invites! I really love this school and am hoping I get a chance. Anyone have an idea when they will start rolling out?
Last year on Nov 20th, interview invites went out. The year before it was the first week of December, so probably around that time I’m guessing?
 
Does anyone know if we are offered an interview invite if there is any flexibility with rearranging the location? Depending on time frame while my home state is closer to CA, my college is on the east coast...
 
Does anyone know if we are offered an interview invite if there is any flexibility with rearranging the location? Depending on time frame while my home state is closer to CA, my college is on the east coast...
The admissions staff has been wonderful to my daughter, so I'd imagine that they would be willing to work with you to schedule the interview close to your school, depending on availability.
 
Does anyone know if we are offered an interview invite if there is any flexibility with rearranging the location? Depending on time frame while my home state is closer to CA, my college is on the east coast...
They are wonderful, and I am sure will be able to accomodate switching your interview to another of the locations where they are interviewing. Just email Trish and let her know that if you are invited for an interview, your preferred location would be XX.
 
All I've heard is that they denied me from the accelerated program, so I applied to the 5-yr one and am waiting to hear back
 
All I've heard is that they denied me from the accelerated program, so I applied to the 5-yr one and am waiting to hear back
Did you have to apply through their website for that, or did you do it through VMCAS? When I emailed them about it, they said that all American applicants should apply through VMCAS and applicants would be sorted into either 4-year or 5-year program applicant pools based on their qualifications- I didn't know it was possible to apply to only the 4-year or only the 5-year program.
 
Does anyone know if we are allowed to have required courses in progress if we are still in school? I'm a little nervous now about the 4 vs 5 year program selection. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you have to apply through their website for that, or did you do it through VMCAS? When I emailed them about it, they said that all American applicants should apply through VMCAS and applicants would be sorted into either 4-year or 5-year program applicant pools based on their qualifications- I didn't know it was possible to apply to only the 4-year or only the 5-year program.
I applied through VMCAS and thought the same, but they said I needed to apply through their website for the 5yr program (they clarified after denying me from the 4yr program).
 
Does anyone know if we are allowed to have required courses in progress if we are still in school? I'm a little nervous now about the 4 vs 5 year program selection. Thank you!
Required courses can be in progress, and if you get accepted, it will be a conditional acceptance until the results for that/those courses are submitted. However, if you have a bunch of the required courses in progress, it may negatively affect your application.
 
I applied through VMCAS and thought the same, but they said I needed to apply through their website for the 5yr program (they clarified after denying me from the 4yr program).
I wish they had clarified this better in the email chain from several months ago 🙁 I still haven't heard anything back from them, but I guess at this point I'll consider myself on standby for a rejection letter. Thank you for answering, best of luck to you and everyone else who applied this cycle <3
 
I wish they had clarified this better in the email chain from several months ago 🙁 I still haven't heard anything back from them, but I guess at this point I'll consider myself on standby for a rejection letter. Thank you for answering, best of luck to you and everyone else who applied this cycle <3
Last cycle Dublin was the last school I heard from at every stage of the process. Don't count yourself out! They move at a slightly different pace but they're extremely kind and always willing to help - I'm sure if you reached out now for clarification they would work with you.
 
I’m confused but happy, I just got invited to interview for the accelerated program!!! (But I also have a rejection letter??)
 
I’m confused but happy, I just got invited to interview for the accelerated program!!! (But I also have a rejection letter??)
I was on the phone with the person coordinating UCD admissions when I read this. I just sent you a private message about what to do. Hope this helps.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I am really scared because I have not heard anything back at all. Does that mean I am not on the list of who they really want? Should I email and ask about when it usually happens? I am just very conflicted and devastated. Has anyone gotten responses later and gotten in? Do they do it by who they favor the most or as they go through it?