This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTclassof2021

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Duke for regular decision applicants who did not apply for ED?

Members don't see this ad.

Not yet! I have received the email saying my application was complete, but otherwise nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet here either, just the application complete email. Good luck everyone!

From last year's forum, it looked like people applying regular decision heard back starting towards the end of November

Reactions: 2 users
Same boat as everyone else. Got the email confirming complete application and anxiously awaiting a decision! Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from Duke for regular decision applicants who did not apply for ED?
Same as everyone else here! I've received the application complete email, but haven't heard back. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Last year I didn't hear anything from Duke until April! Hopefully this year we won't be waiting as long.

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad everyone else is on the same page! Best of luck everyone! I hope we hear back soon.

I was accepted ED, but good luck everyone! I feel like last year a lot of regular decision applicants heard in november/december according to the forum. The ED timeline was exactly the same this year as last year (same day and everything), so hopefully it'll be the same or earlier for regular decision. Hope to see yall as future classmates :)

Reactions: 5 users
Last year, they started making the first wave of acceptance calls around this time so hoping to get a call soon before the holidays xD Good luck everyone!

Last year, they started making the first wave of acceptance calls around this time so hoping to get a call soon before the holidays xD Good luck everyone!

You are absolutely right! I just got in today! So excited to have received this acceptance.

I applied on 10/30 and received the acceptance today.

Good luck to all of you this application cycle.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Did you get a phone call or an email?

You are absolutely right! I just got in today! So excited to have received this acceptance.

I applied on 10/30 and received the acceptance today.

Good luck to all of you this application cycle.
I also got the call today! Congrats!!

Congrats to you guys! Hope y’all choose to attend and are my future classmates :)

Did anyone else get an email today saying "your application to the Duke University Doctor of Physical Therapy program is still being considered for admission." Is this their nice way of saying you're on the wait list? Just curious what you guys thought :)

Did anyone else get an email today saying "your application to the Duke University Doctor of Physical Therapy program is still being considered for admission." Is this their nice way of saying you're on the wait list? Just curious what you guys thought :)
hello, I got that email also. In my opinion, I don't think it means we are on the waitlist. I think they sent out a few first round acceptances (regular decision) and if like last year, they will send out the second round of acceptances in mid december. After a few rounds, they will probably tell some ppl that they are on the actual waitlist

Reactions: 3 users

I got it too. I was just glad to hear I wasn't declined :) I am happy to wait though. I'd like my decisions from each school to come around the same time so I don't have to worry about making a decision before hearing from everyone.

According to people last year, I think the next wave should be sometime soon. So keep us posted! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone. I am also an applicant for Duke dpt. Anyone heard anything from admissions? I got the mail that results will be notified until March and April, but I wish to know if anyone got the first wave of acceptance.

Hello everyone. I am also an applicant for Duke dpt. Anyone heard anything from admissions? I got the mail that results will be notified until March and April, but I wish to know if anyone got the first wave of acceptance.

I am also waiting to hear back from them. I have been accepted to one school and have another interview next week, so hopefully we will hear soon!

Just received an email saying my application is still being considered for admission and it can go on until mid-March/April.

I'm curious too. I haven't seen anyone on here get accepted since they sent out the ED acceptances.

Also still under review. So frustrating with so many decisions to make!

I'm curious too. I haven't seen anyone on here get accepted since they sent out the ED acceptances.

Some RD people were definitely accepted in late 2017 but I haven't seen any acceptances more recently. Granted, not everyone uses this forum.

Some RD people were definitely accepted in late 2017 but I haven't seen any acceptances more recently. Granted, not everyone uses this forum.

I got the same email as well. I’m wondering if they send out these “your application is still under review” emails with there denials and then send out the acceptances later

I got the same email as well. I’m wondering if they send out these “your application is still under review” emails with there denials and then send out the acceptances later

I also have the same suspicion. They may also be waiting for deposits from those who have already been accepted before accepting anyone else.

Because I am pretty sure people got denials on December 1st when they sent out the first under review email

Because I am pretty sure people got denials on December 1st when they sent out the first under review email

Since the payment date has passed my guess is they sent out more denials today as well as the under review emails and will send out the next wave of acceptances late Jan/ early Feb bc the class of 2020 forum had people posting about acceptances early Feb

I got the same email!

Since the payment date has passed my guess is they sent out more denials today as well as the under review emails and will send out the next wave of acceptances late Jan/ early Feb bc the class of 2020 forum had people posting about acceptances early Feb

I love how on top of this you are!

I love how on top of this you are!

Lol haha. This process is super stressful so I’ve been looking at some of the schools forums for last years applicants. I’m wondering if all the snow Raleigh got will affect when they send out acceptances.

Lol haha. This process is super stressful so I’ve been looking at some of the schools forums for last years applicants. I’m wondering if all the snow Raleigh got will affect when they send out acceptances.
Duke’s campus was closed Wednesday and Thursday, and today they had a delay so it may affect it!

I got the same email. This is all so frustrating. I have to put my deposit down for Shenandoah by Monday at 5pm. I am still waiting to hear from VCU. Keeping all my fingers crossed.

I got the same email. This is all so frustrating. I have to put my deposit down for Shenandoah by Monday at 5pm. I am still waiting to hear from VCU. Keeping all my fingers crossed.

I got the exact same email the other day and I’m also still waiting to hear from VCU! I got accepted to Emory & Henry in November and just got my acceptance letter from UNC yesterday, so hopefully they’ll be letting us know soon!