Duke Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lollapaluzzi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone else is in this boat with me and could answer some questions.

I did alot of topic searching, and found that one person last year came off right on may 15th, another came off "the first day the waitlist opened," and that in my letter they mention specifically that alot of movement happens on or after may 15th. Is this the date that they start going to the waitlist, if necessary? Has anybody heard anything back about it?

Thanks alot to all who help. I'm currently wrecking my brain choosing between robert wood johnson in NJ (nj resident) and Miami Miller. Any 2 cents on that would be awesome as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Check out Dukes Anonymous...a thread devoted to all your Duke questions! We talked about it some in that thread, but typically waitlist movement starts on May 16. However, for the last couple years at least I've heard of one person from each class getting in a few days before that date. Most did not, however.

As for your other question, I don't know much about RWJ but I almost went to Miami Miller, mainly because of the weather. Miami > anything New Jersey has to offer.

Thanks, I just saw that topic after i posted here. I dont know how i missed it...

Also, new jersey offers in-state tuition. I think Miami has a better reputation, slightly better matches, and slightly better research opportunities (and better weather, of course). But it's tough to gauge whether that means its 25 extra thousand per year better.

Im also holding onto a waitlist from wakeforest, but havent heard much about their process, and heard nothing from them since. I turned down a spot at drexel, if that's good news to anybody.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, new jersey offers in-state tuition. I think Miami has a better reputation, slightly better matches, and slightly better research opportunities (and better weather, of course). But it's tough to gauge whether that means its 25 extra thousand per year better.
Well, I honestly don't think UM is 100K "better" than RWJ. Besides the money, if you're used to the NJ weather and have family nearby, I would definitely go there.