D'Youville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They told us in the interview last week that tuition and fees was like $27,950. And apparently for the first year you are considered an undergrad so loans and stuff are all in the undergrad type and not the graduate type loans where you can take way more money. I think Dr. Marasco said that the graduate housing was $8000.

I hope I get it. He told us they send out letters through the mail and not through email. I can't wait.

WOAH! holy shiz!! No way that its $8000 for housing!!! The residence life brochure says about $4000-$4600 a year!!!! I don't think you heard correctly! That would be about $900 a month! Thats not true!

and no I have not yet received any info yet either.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the number he told us was for the full year and I think it was around $700 per month. That would make $8000 pretty close.

umm 8000 divided by 700 gives you about 11.4 months. . . . do you plan to live there the whole year? Because I sure don't! lol Lets say you are right about it being $700 a month (which sounds correct) that means we wouldn't be paying more then $6300 a year because we are only there for 9 months at max! I'm just saying, if this is not the case then that is rediculous concidering Buffalo is NOT an expensive area to live in and housing would be cheaper off campus then!

Members don't see this ad :)
When he said the price(maybe 8000) I remember him telling me it was for all year and I quickly did the math and said thats about $700 per month. I also have no idea why someone would live there all year. I don't want to get ahead of myself but hopefully I will get accepted and be living off campus.

He also said that with your room you get a $500 D'Youville Bucks Card or something that you can spend on campus I guess. If it is around $700 thats not too bad really, it is right across the street from the campus so that is cool.

ok ok I don't mean to beat a dead horse :beat:here BUT.... If you quickly did the math. . . .I'm telling you that $8000 divided by 11.4 gives you $700 a month! SOOOOO your math is flawed in thinking that people will be living there for 12 months out of the year! Therefore if he really did say $8000 (which is correct because I was browsing the rates and believe it to be REDICULOUSLY over priced http://www.dyc.edu/student_life/residence_life/docs/room_rates.pdf) that makes it about $888 a month if you divided it by 9 months max. Catch my drift?!? Therefore about $900 a month is a lot of money to pay for the convieniece of living across the street!

Last edited:
I have my first interview at D'youville this coming thursday 1/13 :scared: I am sooo nervous!!! I have been reading some threads about interview attires and I guess wearing a suit is the way to go. Can some of you who have interviewed there already give me some tips? Thank you so much and wish the best to all of you! :) :luck:

I have my first interview at D'youville this coming thursday 1/13 :scared: I am sooo nervous!!! I have been reading some threads about interview attires and I guess wearing a suit is the way to go. Can some of you who have interviewed there already give me some tips? Thank you so much and wish the best to all of you! :) :luck:

Well first off congrats on making it to that point in the process! I had my intreview there this December! To be honest I wore dress pants a shirt and a tie and felt okay. The other two guys there has suits on so I felt a litte out of place, but since I was accepted I can safely say it didn't deter their attention too much! I wish you the best of luck!

I just got an interview invite today via email :)

That is awesome! I saw that was your New Year's Resolution so glad to see that it worked out for you to this point at least. I hope the best for you and if you get in I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of you. If you have any questions about the interview process or what not let me know. Not saying you won't be prepared on your own but just extending my hand to help in any way I can. :)

That is awesome! I saw that was your New Year's Resolution so glad to see that it worked out for you to this point at least. I hope the best for you and if you get in I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of you. If you have any questions about the interview process or what not let me know. Not saying you won't be prepared on your own but just extending my hand to help in any way I can. :)

Thanks Celticpride58! I sent you a pm

Anyway, did anybody else get a interview invite? I am schedule for Jan 27th.

I had my interview there on the 13th and I feel that I did fairly well. Anyone know when I can expect an answer from them?

Well first off congrats on making it to that point in the process! I had my intreview there this December! To be honest I wore dress pants a shirt and a tie and felt okay. The other two guys there has suits on so I felt a litte out of place, but since I was accepted I can safely say it didn't deter their attention too much! I wish you the best of luck!

Congrats on getting accepted!

If you don't mind me asking: when was your interview, and when did you get the acceptance letter?

Congrats on getting accepted!

If you don't mind me asking: when was your interview, and when did you get the acceptance letter?

Well thank you!

I was interviewed early December and heard back in seven days. Bev. Taggart told us ten days, so they were right on the money with that! I see you interviewed on the 13th. I would say you would be hearing very soon. Keep me updated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well thank you!

I was interviewed early December and heard back in seven days. Bev. Taggart told us ten days, so they were right on the money with that! I see you interviewed on the 13th. I would say you would be hearing very soon. Keep me updated!

I got the call today and got accepted!! :)

I have my interview this Saturday, what kind of questions should I expect, what is the interview like?

I got the call today and got accepted!! :)

Hey!!!! Congrats on the acceptance!!! Just curious.. Were you in the morning group or in the afternoon group??? I interviewed in the morning on the 13th as well :) However, I haven't heard anything back yet :(

Can anyone tell me what their interview process is like and what kind of questions did they ask? Please my Interview is for the 27th so im a little nervous of the structure

read post #69 on this thread for what the interview is like, or better yet go thru them all. good luck.

Finally I got the acceptance e-mail today!!!!!! :D I'm so happy!!!!!! Yay it definitely made my day :) Good luck to those of you who are interviewing pretty soon :luck:

Finally I got the acceptance e-mail today!!!!!! :D I'm so happy!!!!!! Yay it definitely made my day :) Good luck to those of you who are interviewing pretty soon :luck:

Nice congrats! Will you be attending?

for those who have been accepted, when do you send in your official transcript? as soon as you finish the pre reqs or after you receive your degree?

for those who have been accepted, when do you send in your official transcript? as soon as you finish the pre reqs or after you receive your degree?

I sent the official transcript to PharmCAS as soon as my grades were posted (Jan 5th) and I used Express delivery so they received it the next day :) However, my GPA hasn't been calculated yet! They said it takes about 4-5 wks for the process so I guess I have to wait a little longer :(
Send your transcripts ASAP!

Dr. Marasco makes the interview process very enjoyable. All the faculty are very likeable people with great personalities. I think you will enjoy D'youville.

Interviewed on the 22nd and got my acceptance letter today! :thumbup:

congrats codol, did you interview with the morning or afternoon group? Also did you also receive a call / email? or just a letter? I need to check my mail......

I go to D'Youville College and would just like to say that while the name may sound a little odd, the college is named after St. Marguerite d'Youville, the founder of the school. And there are plenty of other colleges with commercials, like Niagara University. Just because they don't feel the need to spend a lot of money on a commercial does not mean anything about the college, except that they might have better things to spend their money on (given that D'Youville is a private college and does not get state funding). As long as it gets the point across, I think it serves it's purpose.

This thread has been inactive for a while :thumbdown:; are interviews over with? Whats the latest on their accreditation status?

can anyone in the accepted class comment on the school? You guys have already started. I just got offered an interview Jan 6th. How are you guys handling the 1st years tuition? Why is it considered undergrad, and if you are already a graduate, how are you taking care of it? Personal loans for all 30k?

I ended up emailing the school.. So to clarify on tuition, if you have enough credits to be considered a grad student, you will get graduate loans your first year. If you dont, then you would get undergrad loans.

I also asked about rotations. It seems like the school has many rotation sites as the email said I could have rotations in other cities, states, or other countries. This school has other medical programs right? Thats why they have so many different contracts?

can anyone in the accepted class comment on the school? You guys have already started. I just got offered an interview Jan 6th. How are you guys handling the 1st years tuition? Why is it considered undergrad, and if you are already a graduate, how are you taking care of it? Personal loans for all 30k?
gl on your interview, I have mine on the 5th. I am extremely nervous but am very thankful to be given the opportunity considering my stats as of lately.

Do you mind sharing your stats? when did you get the offer?

Do you mind sharing your stats? when did you get the offer?
I finished my application in beginning of November. Pharmcas mailed out my application Dec 5th. Received the offer Dec 6th. My pharmcas overall gpa is only a 2.76. I have 158 undergrad credits completed. I calculated my pre-req gpa for most schools and they range around 3.7-3.8ish almost 3.9. My PCAT score was mid 50's like 54 or 55 on my 3rd try. I do not know how some of the others are able to crush the PCAT so easily, I found most of the sections time demanding especially quantitative ability. I think 30 mins for 48 questions mainly calculus is insane. Like I said, I'm thankful and very excited I have 3 interviews already lined up.

I have gotten an interview for march 30th, 9:30 a.m. Good luck to you!

anyone got accepted and decided to go to this school know where to live? Are there any good choices about off campus housing? Also, any ideas on the tuition?