May 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Would a rejection this early, considering stats within the 10-90th percentiles, signify a red flag?

May 21, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Do you have ECs and all that? Maybe you interviewed bad. One rejection isn't a death sentence, if you get rejected by every school, then that would be an issue

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Are your stats closer to the 10th% or the 90th%? I'm assuming this is pre interview. How are your ECs? Your letters? What are your stats? What does your list look like? So many questions. . .

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

Reactions: Goro

piii

5+ Year Member
May 21, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Do you have ECs and all that? Maybe you interviewed bad. One rejection isn't a death sentence, if you get rejected by every school, then that would be an issue
Very quality observation lol.

OP, you're fine. You will be rejected by most schools. Just the way it is. Don't worry about it. If you have no interviews by thanks giving, then start to reevaluate.

Mar 8, 2015
Status
Medical Student

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Some great points raised here :laugh:

Reactions: Goro

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
No. Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Keep in mind that there are tons of applicants, and it's a seller's market, so med schools can afford to turn away tons of talented, competitive applicants.

Would a rejection this early, considering stats within the 10-90th percentiles, signify a red flag?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
several thousand applications need to be reduced to several hundred interview invites to a few hundred acceptances/WL to a hundred so matriculated students. Over 80% of applicants are rejected prior on first adcom review.

mw18

5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Does Georgetown reject this early?? I was under the impression that they don't send out rejections till later in the cycle.
You would know better than I do. I applied two years ago. They just reject a ton of people. It does seem like last year looking through the forums that a lot of people were rejected early from there. But that could be like September/October rejected early.

feather421

2+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I was rejected from Georgetown in July of last year. Crazy early! Went into a crying fit and honestly worried what red flags they'd picked up on. Ended up getting more than a dozen interviews and into "better" schools (according to U.S. News). I know it's really hard when you're in this neurotic holding pattern, but try not to let it get you down.

musicalfeet

5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2013
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Last year Tulane rejected people this early.
Yes! I think it was my first rejection and I THINK it was a few days before the 30th of July. I was like "WTF!!!", but thankfully I had already had an II from gtown. Moral of the story: Hang tight! And Tulane is weird so if you get an early rejection, don't worry about it lol.

breezy16

7+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2012
Status
Medical Student
pritzker has also sent out rejections thus far.

OP
J
May 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
I am worried that it was because my application was reviewed with only one LOR. On my status, it says my Letter Packet was received 7/6 - this was just one letter that was inadvertantly sent in--- my complete letter packet wasn't submitted until 7/21. How can I make sure that this isnt the case at the other 14 schools that I am "complete" at?

mw18

5+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I am worried that it was because my application was reviewed with only one LOR. On my status, it says my Letter Packet was received 7/6 - this was just one letter that was inadvertantly sent in--- my complete letter packet wasn't submitted until 7/21. How can I make sure that this isnt the case at the other 14 schools that I am "complete" at?
I would very politely call or email every school and in the most non-pushy way possible clarify that there was an error and that the error has been rectified, and that it would mean a lot to you if they could let you know if the error has been rectified on their end.

And don't leave us in suspense about the school!