Easiest Pharm school to get into?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klpride

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the easiest pharm school to get into is? I'm already in college and looking to apply for the professional phamarcy program. I already took all the required courses in my college already. I'm willing to go anywhere in the U.S. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you want to go to the easiest pharmacy school to get into? :confused:

Shouldn't you go to one you actually like?

Why even bother with the whole hassle of pharmacy school anyway? Find something easier and cheaper to get into and leave pharmacy for people who care...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would love to go the pharm school of my choice but that might be out of my reach. I mean who wouldnt like to go to the pharm school that they like? I want to know which school is the easiest to get into so i can apply for it......as a back up i guess.

yupyup said:
Why even bother with the whole hassle of pharmacy school anyway? Find something easier and cheaper to get into and leave pharmacy for people who care...

Pharmacy is something I want to do. Don't you think I care if I'm willing to go anywhere in the U.S just for that? I know my posts makes me seem like I dont care but that is not the case....I'm just considering the worse casae scenario. Which is that I dont get accepted into any pharm schools in my area

Please do not badger people when they post a legitimate question on these forums. At no point did the OP say or infer that they didn't care about the profession.
There is no excuse for the rudeness being displayed here. Please be polite.

klpride- This question has been asked frequently and seems to always stir up controversy. My advice to you is to check the school pages on PharmCas so that you can see the average GPA and PCAT scores of accepted students in the past. Also, most pages will show you the # of students who applied vs. the # who were accepted. That's really the closest thing to an answer you're likely to find. Good luck during the app process- apply to several schools and the earlier the better!

klpride said:
Don't you think I care if I'm willing to go anywhere in the U.S just for that?

"just for that"

I am getting a strong impression that you don't care...but it isn't really any of my business.

Plus being willing to go anywhere in the U.S. doesn't really say much about how much you care about something.

Anyways, out of state private schools are probably your best shot since state schools sometimes cater to their own residents. So if you can't get in anywhere in your own state then also apply to private out of state schools...not that I am saying they are easier than your state schools but just that some (not all) other state schools would probably not give you much of a chance.

At least if you don't get accepted you can always blame it on your attitude...

Well, since pharmacy schools are getting really competitive, there is nothing wrong with knowing the easiest ones to get into. Easiest ones, they were approved by the board, and if students from those schools could pass the board exam, these schools are competent.
I think you could look into schools that have just opened and not accredited yet, these maybe easier to get into. Pacific in Oregon just had their first class, and Hilo will open one too. I think somewhere in the forum there is a sticky on pharmacy FAQS posted by Bananaface in which you could look at ratio of application to enrolled. I heard Boston-Massachusetts o Boston-Worcester is easy to get into. Maybe above 30% acceptance rate. Well, good luck applying.

There is no "easiest" school to get into, there are only schools that are more difficult to get into than others. Ironically so called "safety" schools are often more difficult to get into than other schools generally considered more competitive. In this day of electronic applications it takes the same amount of effort to apply to 3 schools as it does to apply to 30...so any school considered a safety is competely flooded with applications. Mediocre applications are a dime a dozen and get lost in the flow.

insipid1979 said:
"just for that"

I am getting a strong impression that you don't care...but it isn't really any of my business.

you always have something to say to everyone.. i would be disgusted if you were my pharmacist: no tact, no personality - just an eagerness to point out faults! good luck

shaun009 said:
you always have something to say to everyone.. i would be disgusted if you were my pharmacist: no tact, no personality - just an eagerness to point out faults! good luck

I thought I was actually being nice in a thread that has been posted about 5 times in the past 2 months which all gets the same response...if you want to skate by and get a PharmD then pick a different profession.

Personally I would be disgusted if the OP was my pharmacist. But i'm not going to argue about this. I knew I shouldn't have even posted in this thread since the OP is probably just trying to troll in the first place.

Besides...unlike you I actually posted useful information instead of just flaming someone...I posted the information because I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt. Keep up the good work though.

insipid1979 said:
I thought I was actually being nice in a thread that has been posted about 5 times in the past 2 months which all gets the same response...if you want to skate by and get a PharmD then pick a different profession.

Personally I would be disgusted if the OP was my pharmacist. But i'm not going to argue about this. I knew I shouldn't have even posted in this thread since the OP is probably just trying to troll in the first place.

Besides...unlike you I actually posted useful information instead of just flaming someone...I posted the information because I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt. Keep up the good work though.

Insipid, you are the king of trolling here....once again BRAVO! :laugh:

YO YO YO said:

Why don't you respond to my post in the cadaver thread?

I think it is obvious who is the troll...

Members don't see this ad :)
insipid1979 said:
Why don't you respond to my post in the cadaver thread?

I think it is obvious who is the troll...

It sure is.

Oh, no, not another "easiest school" thread. :thumbdown:

We get several of these threads every year. None of the schools are easy to get into.

dgroulx said:
Oh, no, not another "easiest school" thread. :thumbdown:

We get several of these threads every year. None of the schools are easy to get into.

Since when do we have to check the archives before we ask a question?

SO what if the questions been asked before?.. is it really that hard to give a direct reply? Also, does the poster have to be psychoanalyzed by amateurs as to whether their question is of the highest moral character or their intention is deserving of a diploma. The question asked is a simple ,legitimate question that can have many apllications. Its been asked before because it is a common thought. We are breaking our brains at school and are under pressure from hard classes at every turn, so why TF do we have to qualify someone for a post? Arent we supposed to ask questions here to our PEERS that we cant ask a prof?

Shheeeesh... Im gonna have to use my "Troll compound #109" to reveal the true troll among us....

...wait......... ITS ......ITS YOU!!!! YES YOU Reading this post! Ah HA!! YOURE A T R O L L !!!!!!... now go home you bad person and watch "Gray's anatomy", and "legally Blonde" until you learn how to act like we do.

You dont have to do a search before you ask a question, but sometimes is a good idea and a polite thing to do. Even if you ask it again you may get different answers depending on how nice/snarky/informed the people on the board at that time are, so its nice to get some other ideas.

Common sense will also tell you that some questions are likely to be inflamatory if you dont word them properly. In this case rather than "easiest pharmacy school" the OP could state their GPA/PCAT/Experience explain they are willing to move anywhere and ask what schools would be good to apply to. Its essentially the same question, but the first implys that some pharmacy schools are "easy" the second mearly asks what would be most likely to accept him/her given their stats.

Calibration1 said:

SO what if the questions been asked before?.. is it really that hard to give a direct reply? Also, does the poster have to be psychoanalyzed by amateurs as to whether their question is of the highest moral character or their intention is deserving of a diploma. The question asked is a simple ,legitimate question that can have many apllications. Its been asked before because it is a common thought. We are breaking our brains at school and are under pressure from hard classes at every turn, so why TF do we have to qualify someone for a post? Arent we supposed to ask questions here to our PEERS that we cant ask a prof?

Shheeeesh... Im gonna have to use my "Troll compound #109" to reveal the true troll among us....

...wait......... ITS ......ITS YOU!!!! YES YOU Reading this post! Ah HA!! YOURE A T R O L L !!!!!!... now go home you bad person and watch "Gray's anatomy", and "legally Blonde" until you learn how to act like we do.

One of the reasons that a search of the forums is a good idea is that often, the first time a question was asked, it was given good answers/discussion. Many of the people that frequent these boards have been doing so for a while and remember these posts. So when the same or similar question is asked again, they don't feel the need/desire to answer the same way again (it can get trying to answer questions like "which schools don't require the PCAT" over and over again). Some will choose to link to the original post, others will choose to suggest a search, and others will be snarky or rude - it depends on the person or their mood.

Another reason that I think it's a good idea to do a search about a particular topic is because sometimes you can find old threads and see how opinions/views have changed in just the last year or so.

Finally, and this applies to a similar comment you made Cal (on a different post), the threads on this board can move kind of fast - if you look at the front page most of the posts are only from the last day or so. Why clutter up the page with three posts about the same thing when you could just bump a previous post and keep the discussion in one thread?

I agree with Downonthepharm about this one - asking what the "easiest school to get into" is just asking for rude/irritated responses. I saw the title to this thread and thought, "Oh no, not again." For the most part, people try to help each other out on these forums, but some people have a low tolerance for people who don't seem to respect the profession or its schooling. To make matters worse, it seems that in the past couple of weeks the name-calling and arguing have increased exponentially on these boards. I ask you all, in the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Now I'll just sit back and wait...

I ask you all, in the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Nothing like using quotes from a drunken PCP abuser! :thumbup:

--didnt have to wait long huh :laugh:

YO YO YO said:
I ask you all, in the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Nothing like using quotes from a drunken PCP abuser! :thumbup:

--didnt have to wait long huh :laugh:

I am so incensed! Somone replied to something I said on the internet and it wasn't nice! You're a poo poo head! ;)

klpride said:
Does anyone know what the easiest pharm school to get into is? I'm already in college and looking to apply for the professional phamarcy program. I already took all the required courses in my college already. I'm willing to go anywhere in the U.S. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Hard to get a straight answer on here isn't it?

mRNA said:
Hard to get a straight answer on here isn't it?
I too am getting a little tired of the drama and unnecessary rude behavior on some of these threads lately, but in all fairness, the question the OP asked WAS answered several times.....There are no pharmacy schools that are easy to get into. Someone even said to check the FAQ's that Banana posted regarding the ratios and application information that is avalible for each pharmacy school(That is a great tool!). It is up to the OP to do the research and figure out what school would be the best fit for him/her based on the many factors/facts that are available on this site (and others). It would be silly for someone to say that a certain school is easy to get into because everything is relative and the opinions of one person may not reflect the truth. It is always best to figure it out yourself using the guidance that was given on this thread.. if you can find it through all of the drama. :laugh:

Calibration1 said:

Okay, here's your answer. UF is an easy school to get into. Why? Because you can screw up in english, humanities, history and all those other boring classes and it doesn't count against you. That's why I went there. I had all A's except for a B in Orgo II and a 98 PCAT. They didn't look at my W's & F's in classes like government and freshman English. Those classes bored me to tears.

Many (most?) schools have 10 applicants for each seat. They are all easy to get into, you just have to make sure you are a better candidate than 90% of the applicants.

Smilescali said:
I too am getting a little tired of the drama and unnecessary rude behavior on some of these threads lately, but in all fairness, the question the OP asked WAS answered several times.....There are no pharmacy schools that are easy to get into. Someone even said to check the FAQ's that Banana posted regarding the ratios and application information that is avalible for each pharmacy school(That is a great tool!). It is up to the OP to do the research and figure out what school would be the best fit for him/her based on the many factors/facts that are available on this site (and others). It would be silly for someone to say that a certain school is easy to get into because everything is relative and the opinions of one person may not reflect the truth. It is always best to figure it out yourself using the guidance that was given on this thread.. if you can find it through all of the drama. :laugh:

Why doesnt someone tell this poor guy about the University of Nome, School of Pharmacy? They accept anyone into their PharmD program. :thumbup:

insipid.. honestly, i read through some of your posts last night and in nearly everyone you're attacking someone, defending yourself or having to clarify something you said because "it came out wrong"

You have NO sense of humor whatsoever. I had posted in that midwestern thread telling that person to go to Texas because I wanted to go to to midwestern and you HAD to say something.. you just enjoy starting fights with people... Sorry everyone here isn't as forum sauve as you might be.. maybe they don't know how to do a search.

Tell me - why do you want to be a pharmacist?

Apply in Puerto Rico and South America... then reciprocate later. I hear you can still become an RPh there too. :idea:

shaun009 said:
insipid.. honestly, i read through some of your posts last night and in nearly everyone you're attacking someone, defending yourself or having to clarify something you said because "it came out wrong"

You have NO sense of humor whatsoever. I had posted in that midwestern thread telling that person to go to Texas because I wanted to go to to midwestern and you HAD to say something.. you just enjoy starting fights with people... Sorry everyone here isn't as forum sauve as you might be.. maybe they don't know how to do a search.

AMEN Shaun009 !! :thumbup:

I don't think the poor bastid realizes he's on my ignore list :laugh:

Just think, if everyone ignores him for real (not fake ignore when you say you ignore then read anyway), what he posts will be an even bigger waste of his time!! ROFL!! :laugh:

shaun009 said:

Seems to me i'm not the one trying to start fights.

Do all the non-suave forum people at least know how to read a 'faq'?

YO YO YO said:
AMEN Shaun009 !! :thumbup:

I don't think the poor bastid realizes he's on my ignore list :laugh:

Just think, if everyone ignores him for real (not fake ignore when you say you ignore then read anyway), what he posts will be an even bigger waste of his time!! ROFL!! :laugh:
:rolleyes:

Whenever someone says they put you on ignore they never do. If you really were going to put me on ignore you would just do it without saying anything and posting responding to other people wo are talking about me just to try and get a rise out of me.

About 90% of your posts are useless. They are just jokes that aren't funny...sarcasm...or you flaming people. At least when I post I try to give some useful information...

Are we role-playing?? I got to be the bad pharmacist once... it was kinda fun. :cool:

RxRob said:
Are we role-playing?? I got to be the bad pharmacist once... it was kinda fun. :cool:

What type of role-playing are you talking about? I've been the evil nurse before if you know what I mean... :laugh:

WVUPharm2007 said:
I hear HICP will accept just about anybody.

(Yeah, I went there..)

As long as you have the cash. ;)

Moxxie said:
What type of role-playing are you talking about? I've been the evil nurse before if you know what I mean... :laugh:

I'll get out the enema bag.

shaun009 said:

i feel the same way.
but i don't think he purposely wants to start fights w/ everyone. He must have a bad day or something......

klpride, there's really no easy school. Some school is easier for some students but not for the others. It depends on ur stat.
1) If ur GPA is high but PCAT is low, pick the schools that don't require PCAT.
2) If ur PCAT is high but GPA is low, look for schools that focus strongly on PCAT score. (the majority of schools is like this.)
3) if ur GPA & PCAT are mediocre, then u have to use other factors to make urself stand out from the rest. strong personal statement, great rec. letters, pharmacy experience or at least some interesting volunteer works. anything.
4) Some schools require some pharm experience; others recommend but not require. However, all schools look favorably on experience. If u have little experience, apply to schools that don't emphasize experience as much as the others.
5) do research. look at the school records of admittance. look at the average GPA of students who got admitted. Look at their average PCAT score. Look at the # of students applied and # of students got accepted. if u can't find it online. call the schools and ask them directly.
6) apply early.

good luck. :)

Moxxie said:

pssst! HOTTTT!

The best part of pharm school is the lab coat....

insipid1979 said:

:laugh:
i'm still laughing over the fact that all of these idiots think you and dgroulx are the biggest trolls around here....

and yeah...
do a freakin' search before you post a dumb question like this. it really wont kill you. i promise

and guess what guys..... when you are in pharmacy school and a pharmacist you will have to actually search for the answer to your questions.... :eek: :eek: :eek: i know.....

and if you ask a question that the answer is readily available and/or obvious you will be ripped open.... :scared:

and i loved the fact that a long time poster since April 2006 is asking "since when do we have to search for an answer"
since forever hun.... this isn't a new thing

insipid1979 said:

Do all the non-suave forum people at least know how to read a 'faq'?

:rolleyes:

Whenever someone says they put you on ignore they never do. If you really were going to put me on ignore you would just do it without saying anything and posting responding to other people wo are talking about me just to try and get a rise out of me.

About 90% of your posts are useless. They are just jokes that aren't funny...sarcasm...or you flaming people. At least when I post I try to give some useful information...
What a tool...

ultracet said:
and i loved the fact that a long time poster since April 2006 is asking "since when do we have to search for an answer"

I noticed that too :laugh:

I just didn't want to say anything because it seems I am quickly getting a bad reputation around here.

Mongoos150 said:
What a tool...

I still can't get over the fact that when I post giving useful information while calling out someone for asking a stupid question...which is exactly what it is...a stupid question. Everyone makes comments about me without adding anything to the thread.

Why don't you just PM me your criticism if you aren't going to add anything to the thread?

insipid1979 said:
I noticed that too :laugh:

I just didn't want to say anything because it seems I am quickly getting a bad reputation around here.

I still can't get over the fact that when I post giving useful information while calling out someone for asking a stupid question...which is exactly what it is...a stupid question. Everyone makes comments about me. Why don't you just PM me your criticism if you aren't going to add anything to the thread?
yeah well...
we have a club...

for more information contact c-ject

Man people, relax. You guys care about the profession, that's good and all, but it is not your job to judge other people or tell them how much they want something or to basically tell them they are unworthy.

Obviously, everyone who decides a profession does so for a different combination of reasons.....their is no point in telling someone their reason is crappy.....the admissions committee will decide that, but at the end of the day, why the heck do you give a crap and go out of your way to knock someone down? It's their life. If he wants to get in and he wants to know the place most likely for him to be able to do that, so what? If the question has been answered before just don't respond to thread, let it sink slowly down the page until the ungodly sight of the repetitive vomit inducing question is buried behind pages and pages of old posts...it'll happen, but cutting someone down and insulting someone...is just stupid...no one likes to be treated like that.

Insipid, do you remember when your mom told you "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

If you think a question is stupid why are you answering it? Basically, that's a sign of low self-esteem because you are trying to mock a trivial question. Can't you mock a highly intelligent question or do you just enjoy preying on those weaker than you?

You still haven't answered why YOU want to be a pharmacist, I'd love to know your reasons.

shaun009 said:
Insipid, do you remember when your mom told you "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

If you think a question is stupid why are you answering it? Basically, that's a sign of low self-esteem because you are trying to mock a trivial question. Can't you mock a highly intelligent question or do you just enjoy preying on those weaker than you?

You still haven't answered why YOU want to be a pharmacist, I'd love to know your reasons.

I already said that the reason I answered the "stupid" question is because I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt as to why he asked that question. Reading comprehension is something that is seriously lacking around here.

I thought I also said that if you want to criticize me to PM me instead of just derailing the thread and not adding anything useful.

ultracet said:
i'm still laughing over the fact that all of these idiots think you and dgroulx are the biggest trolls around here....

and yeah...
do a freakin' search before you post a dumb question like this. it really wont kill you. i promise

and guess what guys..... when you are in pharmacy school and a pharmacist you will have to actually search for the answer to your questions.... :eek: :eek: :eek: i know.....

and if you ask a question that the answer is readily available and/or obvious you will be ripped open.... :scared:

since forever hun.... this isn't a new thing

thanks Hun, Im enlightened

This is slightly off topic, but UCSF is indisputably the best pharmacy school in the US. You'd think, however, that they'd use some sort of standardized test in order to assess the quality of the applicants rather than relying solely on grades and an interview. They say they don't use the PCAT, but I don't think it will hurt if you do really well on it.

evilolive said:
This is slightly off topic, but UCSF is indisputably the best pharmacy school in the US. You'd think, however, that they'd use some sort of standardized test in order to assess the quality of the applicants rather than relying solely on grades and an interview. They say they don't use the PCAT, but I don't think it will hurt if you do really well on it.

UCSF is certainly a good school with a solid program and a long history, but I hate to break this to you...there is no "indisputably best pharmacy school in the US", it simply doesn't exist. USnews poll rankings make good PR, but the actual methods used to construct those rankings are somewhat laughable...it's like an astrological horoscope for overacheivers.

Moxxie said:
No we don't know what you mean Moxxie!! Why don't you explain it to us.... :p

Smilescali said:
No we don't know what you mean Moxxie!! Why don't you explain it to us.... :p

Oops, I just read your response to drouglx.........The plot thickens...... :scared: Yikes!

YO YO YO said:
calibration1 said:

I take serious offense to these comments!!! +pissed+