EK 1001 questions in bio, orgo, and gchem, any good??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shirazgol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted to see what people thought of the EK 1001 questions series in the sciences are they helpful??

Members don't see this ad.

I'm using the Chemistry one know in conjunction with the lecture book and I love it. They're just books of tons and tons of practice problems. As an engineer, I fall asleep reading textbooks and only seem to really learn something by doing it (very hands on person).

I'm using the Chemistry one know in conjunction with the lecture book and I love it. They're just books of tons and tons of practice problems. As an engineer, I fall asleep reading textbooks and only seem to really learn something by doing it (very hands on person).

Second this. I find them very helpful. And they're not "mindless"/trivial problems either... they're very geared towards reinforcing key *concepts* EK wants to drill into you. So, in that sense, it feels more useful, than say, some TPR problems which just feel like random trivia.

I thought the 1001 bio book was the most useful since it's primarily passages (with some discretes thrown in). The other books are discretes only, and good for drilling if you need the extra practice on a topic, but I didn't think they were as helpful as the 101 VR and 1001 bio EK books.