This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. USMLE

USMLE tutor
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Board-certified Radiology attending at a top medical school with step 1, 2, and 3 scores >265. I trained at Harvard and Johns Hopkins. I have over 15 years of tutoring experience and tutor for all of the USMLE Steps.

I have previously worked for Kaplan and Princeton Review as the highest level of tutor ("Premier tutor"). I have also written actual USMLE questions for prominent question banks. Because of this, I am aware of "insider information" on how the step exam questions and answers are written. This will allow you to get inside the test writer's mind - the most advanced skill - and answer questions correctly with test taking alone.

Beyond the USMLE, I can be your comprehensive consultant for shelf exams and the residency application process. Many of my students have matched into the most competitive residencies including dermatology, radiation oncology, radiology, ophthalmology, urology, ENT, and more.

I have also worked extensively with Caribbean, other IMG, and DO students. From years of experience, I understand your unique concerns for the step exams and the residency application process.

I offer a free initial phone consultation to assess your needs, make general recommendations, answer any questions regarding my services, and discuss pricing options.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I'm an IMG and I had a challenging experience in the CS exam. I thought the exam is structured in a very simple way. To ask a few medical questions, to find out what is going on with the patient and then to go out and type some notes. This simple way of looking at the exam has costed me multiple attempts. I needed a guide, someone who can explain to me how the exam is structured and what actually the writers of the exam really need from you to achieve so you can pass the exam. I thought I can find this type of guide in the commercial courses, so I went ahead and tried one of them in NYC. It was a big mistake. These commercial courses do a comprehensive review of the curriculum but they are not specialized in preparing you in a very organized and strategic way.
One day, I have posted a thread here in sdn looking for pieces of advice or help. Dr. S ("Dumb") has sent me a message and offered his personal tutor course, he introduced himself as an AMG who has a very good experience in the USMLE exams (in addition to what he wrote above). I have decided to try a few hours with him and see if he can help. It was one of my successful decisions I took in this long journey. He did not only help me in clearing the exam, but he also explained to me how NBME think and wants. It was a great "behind the seens tour". He also gave me a great advice in my medical career, I have matched this year in one of the compititive Pediatrics programs in my area.

I highly recommend Dr. S to anyone who has a difficulty in passing any of the USMLE exams. Dr. S also specialized in tutoring students who have a very challenging experiences in USMLE exam, he intelligently analyzes the case and come out with the right advice to the right person.

Thank you Dr. S.

Reactions: 1 users
I am a Radiology resident with step 1, 2, and 3 scores >265 and a Harvard scholar. I have over 10 years of tutoring experience and tutor for all of the USMLE Steps.

I have previously worked for Kaplan and Princeton Review as the highest level of tutor ("premier tutor"). I have also written actual USMLE questions for prominent question banks. Because of this, I am aware of "insider information" on how the step exam questions and answers are written. This will allow you to get inside the test writer's mind - the most advanced skill - and answer questions correctly with test taking alone.

Beyond the USMLE, I can be your comprehensive consultant for shelf exams and the residency application process. Many of my students have matched into the most competitive residencies including dermatology, radiation oncology, radiology, ophthalmology, urology, ENT, and more.

I have also worked extensively with Caribbean, other IMG, and DO students. From years of experience, I understand your unique concerns for the step exams and the residency application process.

I offer a free initial phone consultation to assess your needs, make general recommendations, answer any questions regarding my services, and discuss pricing options.
I am a Radiology resident with step 1, 2, and 3 scores >265 and a Harvard scholar. I have over 10 years of tutoring experience and tutor for all of the USMLE Steps.

I have previously worked for Kaplan and Princeton Review as the highest level of tutor ("premier tutor"). I have also written actual USMLE questions for prominent question banks. Because of this, I am aware of "insider information" on how the step exam questions and answers are written. This will allow you to get inside the test writer's mind - the most advanced skill - and answer questions correctly with test taking alone.

Hi. I cleared my 1 and 2 nd step. was not succeful in my 3rd. I'm interested , pls let me know how we can go ahead with the next steps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Osteopathic Medical Student who is planning on going into a rather competitive field in medicine. I was browsing SDN one day and saw a post by Dr. S and decided to contact him regarding Step 2 studying. Although I did alright on Step 1, I really felt like I needed to supplement my studying with some tutoring because I needed to do much better on Step 2 to make up for my first Step score. Dr. S not only offers tutoring but also will proofread and help to edit your CV and PS for your ERAS applications. I shopped around to compare some prices with other tutoring services and his are by far the most competitive!

Dr. S and I began our adventure together by going over my CV, which was a total disaster. He spent quite a while making sure all the language in the document was attention grabbing, ordered well, and even suggested I add some things about my personal life that I would never have thought to add to a CV. I can honestly say that on my 2nd day of my first audition rotation I was asked for my CV and was not only complimented on how well it was written, but also that personal information offered me a connection to this program director I would have NEVER been able to establish without Dr. S. I went from "the medical student," to being called by my first name and joking and smiling with one of the most famous people in my future specialty. That kind of attention is absolutely priceless, and it was worth every single penny.

Dr. S also tutored me prior to both my COMLEX and USMLE Step 2's. His advice for how to take exams is probably the most valuable type of tutoring I have ever experienced. I noticed that throughout all of my practice tests and the actual real exams that his test-taking skills paid off immensely! I was able to choose between two answers based on the tricks he taught me, and when I was running out of time I felt like I was able to pick out correct answers without even reading the passages at all. I have always had terrible test anxiety which has played against me in standardized testing my entire life, and for the first time I felt like I had the skills at my disposal to keep me from going into panic mode. I walked out of Step 2 thinking, "well that was awful and exhausting, but I definitely know I didn't fail!" Compared to my feelings after Step 1, where I left crying, this change is actually quite remarkable!!!!

After some of my first sessions with Dr. S I took my Internal Medicine shelf exam. With just a small amount of instruction on what should be the most reliable information in questions, and only a few sessions on the Cardiovascular system, I was able to score a 90 raw on that test. By far the highest shelf exam score of my 3rd year, and on the most difficult and vast material of all of the shelf exams.

The only regret I have is not finding and starting with Dr. S sooner. He is the type of tutor that can get you 260+ on your USMLE (any step) if you put in the time with him. He is patient, honest, and definitely knows 100% what he is talking about. I know that I am much more competitive for a residency spot after finding and working with him.

Thank you Dr. S!

I am an Osteopathic Medical Student who is planning on going into a rather competitive field in medicine. I was browsing SDN one day and saw a post by Dr. S and decided to contact him regarding Step 2 studying. Although I did alright on Step 1, I really felt like I needed to supplement my studying with some tutoring because I needed to do much better on Step 2 to make up for my first Step score. Dr. S not only offers tutoring but also will proofread and help to edit your CV and PS for your ERAS applications. I shopped around to compare some prices with other tutoring services and his are by far the most competitive!

Dr. S and I began our adventure together by going over my CV, which was a total disaster. He spent quite a while making sure all the language in the document was attention grabbing, ordered well, and even suggested I add some things about my personal life that I would never have thought to add to a CV. I can honestly say that on my 2nd day of my first audition rotation I was asked for my CV and was not only complimented on how well it was written, but also that personal information offered me a connection to this program director I would have NEVER been able to establish without Dr. S. I went from "the medical student," to being called by my first name and joking and smiling with one of the most famous people in my future specialty. That kind of attention is absolutely priceless, and it was worth every single penny.

Dr. S also tutored me prior to both my COMLEX and USMLE Step 2's. His advice for how to take exams is probably the most valuable type of tutoring I have ever experienced. I noticed that throughout all of my practice tests and the actual real exams that his test-taking skills paid off immensely! I was able to choose between two answers based on the tricks he taught me, and when I was running out of time I felt like I was able to pick out correct answers without even reading the passages at all. I have always had terrible test anxiety which has played against me in standardized testing my entire life, and for the first time I felt like I had the skills at my disposal to keep me from going into panic mode. I walked out of Step 2 thinking, "well that was awful and exhausting, but I definitely know I didn't fail!" Compared to my feelings after Step 1, where I left crying, this change is actually quite remarkable!!!!

After some of my first sessions with Dr. S I took my Internal Medicine shelf exam. With just a small amount of instruction on what should be the most reliable information in questions, and only a few sessions on the Cardiovascular system, I was able to score a 90 raw on that test. By far the highest shelf exam score of my 3rd year, and on the most difficult and vast material of all of the shelf exams.

The only regret I have is not finding and starting with Dr. S sooner. He is the type of tutor that can get you 260+ on your USMLE (any step) if you put in the time with him. He is patient, honest, and definitely knows 100% what he is talking about. I know that I am much more competitive for a residency spot after finding and working with him.

Thank you Dr. S!

Wow. I am very interested in your step 2 tutoring. How can we get started??

How Can I get in touch with you "Dr S"?

Hello I am interested in your tutoring services. Can you please provide details on your rates please and more info regarding the process. My email is [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
My experience working with Dr. S

Studying for step 1, while difficult, was made easier because everyone knows the formula for doing well on step 1 - Uworld + FA. Step 2 is an entirely different beast because there is no singular comprehensive source of material that one can study from for CK and UWorld for CK isnt nearly as good a preparatory tool as it was for step 1.

I spent several months studying on my own and studied materials from a number of sources but was not seeing the effort i put towards studying translate to a consistently improving score. I heard about Dr. S from a friend who would not stop talking about how great his experience was so I decided to give it a try. After only one session, Dr. S helped me to approach the material and questions from an entirely different perspective. He not only directed me towards what materials were high yield, but he helped me understand why it was high yield, what kinds of details to focus on, and in what ways this material would be tested.

As someone who has written questions himself for the USMLE, he helped me to think like an question writer. Dr. S helped me to learn how to sift through the question stem to determine what was actually being asked, what data in the stem was actually pertinent and reliable, and how to narrow down the answer choices if I was unsure. The skills Dr. S helped me develop had a significant impact on my test taking ability - the skills helped to alleviate the panic that would often arise when I would find myself stuck between two answer choices, I was able to glance at a question and the answer choices and be aware of certain underlying principles about that particular question before even reading it.

What was the impact of the new understanding I had of the material and the new test taking skill set he helped to cultivate? My NBME score went from 200 to 250 in just 4 weeks of working with Dr. S. Having scored average on Step 1, my biggest regret was that I had not started working with at an earlier point in my medical education. He possesses an incredible wealth of knowledge, and is an invaluable asset to anyone who wants to achieve their full potential in medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm an IMG and I had a challenging experience in the CS exam. I thought the exam is structured in a very simple way. To ask a few medical questions, to find out what is going on with the patient and then to go out and type some notes. This simple way of looking at the exam has costed me multiple attempts. I needed a guide, someone who can explain to me how the exam is structured and what actually the writers of the exam really need from you to achieve so you can pass the exam. I thought I can find this type of guide in the commercial courses, so I went ahead and tried one of them in NYC. It was a big mistake. These commercial courses do a comprehensive review of the curriculum but they are not specialized in preparing you in a very organized and strategic way.
One day, I have posted a thread here in sdn looking for pieces of advice or help. Dr. S ("Dumb") has sent me a message and offered his personal tutor course, he introduced himself as an AMG who has a very good experience in the USMLE exams (in addition to what he wrote above). I have decided to try a few hours with him and see if he can help. It was one of my successful decisions I took in this long journey. He did not only help me in clearing the exam, but he also explained to me how NBME think and wants. It was a great "behind the seens tour". He also gave me a great advice in my medical career, I have matched this year in one of the compititive Pediatrics programs in my area.

I highly recommend Dr. S to anyone who has a difficulty in passing any of the USMLE exams. Dr. S also specialized in tutoring students who have a very challenging experiences in USMLE exam, he intelligently analyzes the case and come out with the right advice to the right person.

Thank you Dr. S.

Hello Dr.S
Im looking forward to try a session with you.I would really appreciate if you could let me know how can I contact you.
thank you
Lucky

My experience working with Dr. S

Studying for step 1, while difficult, was made easier because everyone knows the formula for doing well on step 1 - Uworld + FA. Step 2 is an entirely different beast because there is no singular comprehensive source of material that one can study from for CK and UWorld for CK isnt nearly as good a preparatory tool as it was for step 1.

I spent several months studying on my own and studied materials from a number of sources but was not seeing the effort i put towards studying translate to a consistently improving score. I heard about Dr. S from a friend who would not stop talking about how great his experience was so I decided to give it a try. After only one session, Dr. S helped me to approach the material and questions from an entirely different perspective. He not only directed me towards what materials were high yield, but he helped me understand why it was high yield, what kinds of details to focus on, and in what ways this material would be tested.

As someone who has written questions himself for the USMLE, he helped me to think like an question writer. Dr. S helped me to learn how to sift through the question stem to determine what was actually being asked, what data in the stem was actually pertinent and reliable, and how to narrow down the answer choices if I was unsure. The skills Dr. S helped me develop had a significant impact on my test taking ability - the skills helped to alleviate the panic that would often arise when I would find myself stuck between two answer choices, I was able to glance at a question and the answer choices and be aware of certain underlying principles about that particular question before even reading it.

What was the impact of the new understanding I had of the material and the new test taking skill set he helped to cultivate? My NBME score went from 200 to 250 in just 4 weeks of working with Dr. S. Having scored average on Step 1, my biggest regret was that I had not started working with at an earlier point in my medical education. He possesses an incredible wealth of knowledge, and is an invaluable asset to anyone who wants to achieve their full potential in medicine.
Hello Good evening
Im desperately looking for some good tutor to help me,,,as soon as possible,,,I would appreciate if you could let me know how can I contact Dr.S.
Thank you very much.

Testimonial:

"Your advice on test taking totally transformed how I look at tests. I went from failing the exam and nearly being kicked out of residency to crushing a standardized test for the first time in my life. Like your other students, I wish I met you sooner!!!! I am forever indebted to you doctor."

P.O., Step 3 student

Hello Dr. S, Please email me at [email protected] and let me know how to contact you. I am very interested in help with Step 3. Thank you.

Hello, I am interested in tutoring for the NBME Comprehensive and Step 1. Please provide me with details, thanks!

Hello,

I would like to know whether you are still available to tutor? Please let me know. Thank you.

Sincerely,

N

I am a senior Radiology resident with step 1, 2, and 3 scores >265. I am also a Harvard scholar and I will be starting fellowship at Johns Hopkins soon. I have over 10 years of tutoring experience and tutor for all of the USMLE Steps.

I have previously worked for Kaplan and Princeton Review as the highest level of tutor ("Premier tutor"). I have also written actual USMLE questions for prominent question banks. Because of this, I am aware of "insider information" on how the step exam questions and answers are written. This will allow you to get inside the test writer's mind - the most advanced skill - and answer questions correctly with test taking alone.

I am a senior Radiology resident with step 1, 2, and 3 scores >265. I am also a Harvard scholar and I will be starting fellowship at Johns Hopkins soon. I have over 10 years of tutoring experience and tutor for all of the USMLE Steps.

hi, please could you send me your email am very interested in your tutoring services for NBME, STEP 1, 2, and 3

I am looking for a one on one USMLE tutor for one on one coaching. How do I contact you?

Hi Brian,

I am interested with your service.
Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks !

Interested and would like to learn more about your service. Current 3rd year looking for shelf exams + step 2 help. Thanks!

I am interested in Step 1 tutoring. How can I contact you? Thanks you!

Interested in Step 3 tutoring. Please do PM me the details. Thank you.

Hello,
I am interested in your tutoring services. Can you please provide details on your rates please and more info regarding the process?

Thanks.

Please could you send me your email? I am very interested in your tutoring services for Step 3.

Last edited: