This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi please PM for step 2 Ck tutoring

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello doctor, I'm interested on your services for step 1

Hi Dr. USMLE/Dr. S, I am interested in Step 1 tutoring. Could you please PM me? Thanks!

I am interested in your services as well. Could you send me your email? Thanks!

Dr. S: your USMLE tutoring resume looks amazing.

Would you be available for Step 1 tutoring?

Thank you so much.

-wvalleyskier@gmail

Members don't see this ad :)
hello, please PM about your services please. I am interested in getting started for Step 2 CK.

Thanks.

I would like to ask if you can also help me as well. Can you please email me at [email protected] or PM to tell me more about your method and rate? Thank you very much for your time.

hello

I would like to know if you are still helping with usmle tutoring

Obviously, my username should clue you into the fact that I am aiming for a competitive specialty. So after some lurking on the internet, I came across this post and I started working w/ Dr. S at the beginning of my M2 year. I had a lot of trouble w/ the MCAT, but I honored every class my M1 year so I knew my problem was mostly w/ test taking strategy. Dr. S is a savant when it comes to teaching you how to dissect questions and get into the minds of the questions writers.

I was very apprehensive at first, because I had done some tutoring in the past and that always ended up being useless b/c content was never the issue. After one session w/ Dr. S, I was able to answer questions on USMLERx w/o even looking at the vignette. He just does such a great job of working with you to solidify your thought process and reconcile that w/ what the test makers are actually looking for. He helped me plan out my study schedule for my M2 year, and we worked together consistently throughout focusing on high yield content with test strategy. I am taking step 1 in 3 weeks, and I am 1000% more confident in my ability to score in the 260+ range b/c of my work w/ Dr. S. If you are a person who is aiming for a high test score for step 1, you need UFAP, but more importantly, you need Dr. S.

I am a Radiology attending with step 1, 2, and 3 scores >265. I trained at Harvard and Johns Hopkins. I have over 15 years of tutoring experience and tutor for all of the USMLE Steps.

I have previously worked for Kaplan and Princeton Review as the highest level of tutor ("Premier tutor"). I have also written actual USMLE questions for prominent question banks. Because of this, I am aware of "insider information" on how the step exam questions and answers are written. This will allow you to get inside the test writer's mind - the most advanced skill - and answer questions correctly with test taking alone.

Beyond the USMLE, I can be your comprehensive consultant for shelf exams and the residency application process. Many of my students have matched into the most competitive residencies including dermatology, radiation oncology, radiology, ophthalmology, urology, ENT, and more.

I have also worked extensively with Caribbean, other IMG, and DO students. From years of experience, I understand your unique concerns for the step exams and the residency application process.

I offer a free initial phone consultation to assess your needs, make general recommendations, answer any questions regarding my services, and discuss pricing options.

I am interested how do I get in contact with you???

Testimonial from recent student who matched Orthopedic Surgery this cycle:

Hi everybody. I am a long-time user here on SDN but am posting on an alternative account. I could spend the entire post thanking this community for helping me through my medical school career, but today I wish to write about Dr. USMLE, an individual on this website who has been integral in my success this matching cycle.

I met Dr. USMLE early in my preparations for STEP 2 CK, and immediately found his test-taking strategies and resources helpful to my personal needs.
I was able to learn how to not only study more efficiently for the high-stake exam, but improve my testing skills to the point of being able to deduce correct answers without even knowing each topic perfectly. Dr. USMLE proved to me that these exams have patterns, and with that, the ability to be beaten if studied meticulously.

After scoring 260+ on STEP 2 CK, I turned to Dr. USMLE for his residency consulting services. He helped me plan my application - from personal statement to letters of intent, and even guided me through interview preparation. I aimed to match into Orthopaedic Surgery and successfully did so.
Even with my strong grades, I truly believe it was Dr. USMLE's guidance that led me to the success I was after.

I urge any student that is looking to improve their standardized test abilities, or looking for advice on the residency matching process to contact Dr. USMLE. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions and I will gladly get back to you.

Testimonial from recent student who had 4 attempts on step 3 previously:

Passed USMLE step 3 exam on the 5th attempt:

Back Ground:
IMG, Graduated in 2012.
(2014) Step 1 : 199 (1st attempt)
(2014) Step CS: Passed (1st attempt)
(2015) Step 2: 209 (1st attempt)

(2016) Attempt 1: Was before I got into residency. UW once or twice.
(2017) Attempt 2: Got into residency. Took the exam towards the end of my internship: Did UW once or twice +/- MTB 3. Thought that one year of internship experience would tip the scales, but it didn’t.
(2019) Attempt 3: Took the exam early PGY-3 year, Did UW once or twice +/- MTB 3. Same approach as before. Might’ve studied bit longer and harder but got the same result.
(2020) Attempt 4: (4 month preparation) Conrad Fisher MedQuest Videos, MTB3, UW x2, Crush USMLE Step 3 CCS book. But didn’t pass.

(2021) Attempt 5: (4 month preparation):
1) HIRED @Dr. USMLE as my Tutor ( ~once weekly for 14 weeks): We worked on test taking skills, and how to read and analyze questions. Also discussed study material to use, and study strategy.
2) Did all the NBME questions (2000+) from NBME.org including the CK questions
3) USMLE Step 3 secrets x 5-6 passes.
4) AMBOSS library only (not the Q bank)
5) UW CCS and Biostat (didn’t do the Q bank this time)
6) Crush USMLE Step 3 CCS book.

Self Assessment Scores:
FORM 8: 5/8/2021: Before starting exam prep > > > > > 167
FORM 6: 5/18/2021 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 182
UWSA1: 5/27/2021 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 199
UWSA 2: 6/6/2021 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 199
FORM 5: 6/22/2021 > > > > > > > > > > > > > 400 ~ 190?
----------------------> Here is when I started working with @Dr. USMLE on test taking strategies.
FORM 10: 9/2/2021 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 217
FORM 9: 9/5/2021> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 214
FORM 11: 9/7/2021> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 229
Actual Exam: 9/8/2021 > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 216

Take home message:
1) Hire a Tutor. This really tipped the scales for me. I tried many tutors, and learned that there are many bad ones who will waste your time and money, but I got lucky in finding the right one for me. Thank you @Dr. USMLE
2) If you have multiple attempts under your belt. Test taking skills is probably worth assessing. How to improve that? Refer to point number one.
3) DO NOT DO USMLE World Question Bank if you have already done it. I’m glad I didn’t waste more time doing it.
4) NBME.org has 2000+ questions. They have many free sample questions, and even more forms to buy. This was a game changer for me.
5) USMLE Step 3 secrets and Crush USMLE Step 3 CCS are hidden gems and way underutilized IMO. Both are incredibly high yield.
6) Passing USMLE takes precedence over Residency commitments. I hope your program director is supportive and understanding, and will make necessary accommodations to maximally support you.

Feel free to DM for questions.

Reactions: 1 user