This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Never_more

Reaction score
Hello!

I saw a previous thread by another member @Tboos2193 for FY23 applicants and wanted to create a space for FY24 applicants to discuss any concerns, application questions, updates or any other information that members are willing to share.

I applied for the FY24 cycle in early September. The applications office has been communicating with me consistently about additional required documents (such as CCAF transcripts) that I did not think were needed, but I have yet to hear back about potential interviews or anything of that nature. I am Active Duty Air Force for anybody that is curious!

Have any other members been contacted about interviews or the selection process in general? I am so nervous and really want this opportunity, as I am sure other individuals feel similarly.

If any previous selectees have any input, I would greatly appreciate any guidance. This waiting game is rough.

EDIT TO ADD:
INTERVIEWS - Invitations come shortly after application submission should you be accepted. FY24 Application Deadline was 30 Sep 2023 and I was invited to do two interviews mid-December.

MEDICAL CLEARANCE - The process (after acceptance) is painful. The item that took the longest time was retrieving any mental health records because DODMERB (the agency that completes the medical clearance) wants the original clinical documents which cannot be accessed via Tricare Online or MHS Genesis Patient Portal. Once you are accepted, request mental health records right away if you have ever seen mental health. Trust me, it'll be one less thing to stress about.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Waiting game is definitely rough! I applied for this cycle as well. Fingers crossed lol

Reactions: 2 users
Due to the extension of the deadline I submitted in October. Haven't heard anything back yet. If any Navy applicants hear anything please post!

Members don't see this ad :)
Navy here, and I applied in September as well! Hoping for the best, and good luck to everyone!

Does anyone happen to know around when they will contact selectees for interview after first round of package critique?

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for starting this. AD Marine here also applying this year. Haven't heard anything from official channels. Everything I could scrounge together online has been: convening in December, interviews in waves between Nov/Jan, and selections being around Feb/Mar timeframe.

Also in September I was getting timely responses when verifying my package but since the deadline it's been pretty quiet. Good luck all!

Last edited:
Navy here, and I applied in September as well! Hoping for the best, and good luck to everyone!

Does anyone happen to know around when they will contact selectees for interview after first round of package critique?
Someone that I’ve been in contact with that was accepted into the last cycle got her interview invite around this time last year.

Hello all! I’m a current member of the program and I can confirm that the selection process is shrouded in mystery and it takes time to hear back from the officials.

Last year the interview invites came out the day before thanksgiving and they sent them out in one batch to all invited to interview.

The interviews went on from December to January and people were scrambling to get medical clearance at the same time. Final approval came in on the first week of March so it’s about a half year of waiting, but I promise it’s worth it!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey glorious pain seekers. Army applicant here. Thankfully I was able to turn in my application on the extended deadline date. Mr. Ruiz is apparently the only one working on putting packets together from the last information I got. He definitely is more responsive to text on his personal phone. Any other Army applicants here?

Hello all,

I am currently active duty Air Force and applied last year and was not invited to interview and have submitted my application for this current cycle.

To hopefully give some insight about interviews for this current cycle, after I reached out to the applications email to confirm the receipt of all my documents, I received a response that all my documents were submitted, and my application is under review. The response included the following message: "You should hear from the EMDP2 Application Team sometime in November or early December once decisions are made on which applicants will be invited for interviews."

Hope this gives everyone at least a little comfort with a soft timeline for further communication.

If anyone has any questions, I'll help out where I can with my limited exposure only to the applications.

Wishing everyone good luck!

-Lars

Reactions: 4 users
Hey glorious pain seekers. Army applicant here. Thankfully I was able to turn in my application on the extended deadline date. Mr. Ruiz is apparently the only one working on putting packets together from the last information I got. He definitely is more responsive to text on his personal phone. Any other Army applicants here?
Army applicant here as well 😌 good luck!

Hey y’all!

Air Force applicant here for FY24. I submitted my package in September. I did reach out to confirm my package is complete and during that time they also stated to me that interview invites will go out between November and early December. We are almost through the first part of the waiting!

Last edited:
Anyone know if they will tell you that you didn’t get a interview? Or will you not hear anything back and that is your answer?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
Army applicant here too.
I can’t wait anymore longer. I canceled my travel plans just because I want to available when something happens. I am super anxious !
Fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they will tell you that you didn’t get a interview? Or will you not hear anything back and that is your answer?
From what I've gathered you do hear back if you don't get an interview and they also provide feedback on your application if you arrange a one-on-one with them.

Hi all, I'm in the second year of the program (navy) and starting at USUHS next summer. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

"You should hear from the EMDP2 Application Team sometime in November or early December once decisions are made on which applicants will be invited for interviews."

I am so happy to read this! My confirmation email didn't give a timeframe and I read that people were already doing their interviews this time last year. Thank you for posting and good luck!

@Never_more thank you for starting this! I kept referring to FY23’s thread for timelines and guidance but this is fantastic because now it’s relevant to us! Good luck to everyone, looking forward to hearing about the interview invites on here :)

I got an email a couple of weeks ago stating they would contact me mid-November to early December if selected for an interview!!

I read on the last FY forum that they send out an email to those who weren’t selected to let them know. Processes are constantly changing though, so we shall see! A generic “non-selection” email would be better than not hearing anything, but it would hurt my pride lol

Hi all, I'm in the second year of the program (navy) and starting at USUHS next summer. Feel free to reach out with any questions!
How is it? Are the courses difficult? Or does it feel like they’re setting you up for success?

Hello all! I’m a current member of the program and I can confirm that the selection process is shrouded in mystery and it takes time to hear back from the officials.

Last year the interview invites came out the day before thanksgiving and they sent them out in one batch to all invited to interview.

The interviews went on from December to January and people were scrambling to get medical clearance at the same time. Final approval came in on the first week of March so it’s about a half year of waiting, but I promise it’s worth it!!
This is really helpful. Thank you so much! I appreciate the encouragement as well. We need it!

Previous applicants said they send out an email informing members that they were not selected, so we shall see if that is the case this time around. :’)

@Never_more, I concur with the others. Excellent work setting up the post for this fiscal year!

I am active-duty Army and am eagerly awaiting news of interview invitations and wishing everyone on this thread the best of luck! We're getting close!

How is it? Are the courses difficult? Or does it feel like they’re setting you up for success?
I'd say course difficulty depends on your personal strengths and weaknesses. For me, the first summer and fall semester were not too difficult and the schedule was pretty light. The spring semester was definitely tough, especially because we had to balance a full courseload and MCAT prep. I do think we are set up for success, but that's not to say we can just go to classes and the MCAT prep course and be accepted. You have to devote hours outside of class to MCAT prep for several months. After taking the MCAT, it's been smooth sailing. In the second year they're all graduate level classes and the difficulty of the content reflects that, but it's super manageable because we have more than enough time to study.

Reactions: 5 users
I'd say course difficulty depends on your personal strengths and weaknesses. For me, the first summer and fall semester were not too difficult and the schedule was pretty light. The spring semester was definitely tough, especially because we had to balance a full courseload and MCAT prep. I do think we are set up for success, but that's not to say we can just go to classes and the MCAT prep course and be accepted. You have to devote hours outside of class to MCAT prep for several months. After taking the MCAT, it's been smooth sailing. In the second year they're all graduate level classes and the difficulty of the content reflects that, but it's super manageable because we have more than enough time to study.
That’s totally fair. Thank you for sharing your experience so far. It’s definitely reassuring. I hope you continue do well. I’m so glad you got accepted & that you’re succeeding! Best of luck as you continue on this journey!

Hey yall! I’m out of office until December 5th so I can’t check my email. Has anyone heard back about interviews?

Hey yall! I’m out of office until December 5th so I can’t check my email. Has anyone heard back about interviews?
Haven't heard anything yet. I'll post something as soon as I hear back, hopefully this week!

Haven’t heard anything yet!
I called and I was told application deadline is Dec 1st.
They said they won’t do anything until after that date.

Wow they really don't communicate well on these extensions.

There was another extension on the application?

Do yall think that means they didn’t get enough applicants?

Possibly. But they have increasingly had more applicants every year so idk. It's probably staffing issues and the shutdowns looming every other month.

There was mention towards the original deadline back in Oct that the number of applicants was quite low this year and that they would be having a meeting to discuss it.

If they are indeed still accepting applications thru December 1st, then perhaps they decided they would keep it open longer based on the number of potential applicants between combined with additional extenuating solutions.

This is all speculation of course. I greatly appreciate the updates everyone is providing otherwise. I anticipated end of November for interviews, but now that I found this thread - I can be more patient rather than worried.

EDIT: Deadline not extended per phone call. Actively reviewing applicants. Hopefully we hear something before Christmas.

Last edited:
I was able to call and get confirmation from one of the EMDP2 contacts that there has been no extension of the deadline to December 1st.

Guidance I received was that they are actively reviewing applications, and we should hear back some form of correspondence November into December.

They also mentioned they would try and put out some form of notification to applicants with this as well.

They were not able to provide much more, but hopefully that helps!

There was mention towards the original deadline back in Oct that the number of applicants was quite low this year and that they would be having a meeting to discuss it.

If they are indeed still accepting applications thru December 1st, then perhaps they decided they would keep it open longer based on the number of potential applicants between combined with additional extenuating solutions.

This is all speculation of course. I greatly appreciate the updates everyone is providing otherwise. I anticipated end of November for interviews, but now that I found this thread - I can be more patient rather than worried.
YES. I am eternally grateful for y’all! It puts my mind at ease for sure.

This is lowkey what I’m hoping for so we all get accepted 🤣 is that bad? Lol
I’ll take whatever spot I can get, even if it’s by default! May the odds be in our favor lol

Air Force here!! So excited to see this thread, I too only saw the one from last year and have been going crazy it feels like trying to find anything for this AY! Good luck to everyone, hopefully we hear something soon :)

Another AF applicant here! Honestly this thread has put my mind at ease. Thanks so much for starting this and good luck to everyone!

im a second year in medical school and graduate from EMDP2. I'll be of little help with the application process since it keeps changing every year, but I can help with some questions about the program and medical school in general. I am happy to help. Good luck to all

Anyone hear anything?
Wondering this too. I haven’t seen anything. I figure it would be at the end of next week at the latest with the holidays approaching.