Emory Decisions Early

Started by ATLgator
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ATLgator

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just a heads up for those waiting to hear from Emory post-interview. The acceptance letters went out early. I received my letter today (interviewed 11/30). It was dated Dec. 14th. I live about 5 miles from Emory. Sorry to post this considering there's no mail tomorrow but I figured some of you would like to know.

I'm very excited. Good luck to all.
 
Just a heads up for those waiting to hear from Emory post-interview. The acceptance letters went out early. I received my letter today (interviewed 11/30). It was dated Dec. 14th. I live about 5 miles from Emory. Sorry to post this considering there's no mail tomorrow but I figured some of you would like to know.

I'm very excited. Good luck to all.
👍:hardy:
 
congrats! I was completely blown away (in a good way) when I visited emory, hopefully some good news is coming soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I got home today my Parents had put the acceptance letter in my Dog's mouth and she brought it to me when I got out of the car, WOOHOO!! I am VERY happy right now!
 
thanks for letting us know, OP... and congrats! hopefully some more of us will be getting good news next week...
 
Can someone send me the link to EMORY'S Status page?
Oh and does the page reflect admissions status?
 
Once you've had your interview you just have to wait, they won't update the status page anymore after that.
 
For those of you that got in this round (early or tomorrow) did you have an interview before the last mailing or since the last mailing? I think that was around Nov 20th or so?
 
Just wanted to say congrats to those accepted to Emory SOM! I am about to graduate from Emory and really had a great experience. Unfortunately I don't know to much about the new curriculum, but know that your third and fourth year will be experience like no others! The clinical teaching is awesome and you have so much resources from the attending and the facilities. Working at all the different hospitals (emory, children's, VA, grady, crawford) provided such a well rounded education. Currently as I am interviewing for residency and going to schools that don't have the county and/or the VA hospitals, I realize that I had a such amazing opportunities to get a first hand experience in all the different locations. With the brand spanking new buildings, Emory will only get better. Wish you the best of luck with your career in Medicine!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Our interview date was just bad luck, haha. Guess I missed this round too, oh well.

i think the guy whose interesting fact was being the hand clapper on an album got in. he deserved it, though; that's a pretty awesome EC. congrats on vandy!
 
I received my acceptance letter yesterday (12/17) and I live in the Southeast. This probably means that there is still hope for everyone. Also, I interviewed on 11/2.

Good luck!
 
Interviewed early Dec and accepted 12-14 also. Letter arrived in the SE some time this week.

I´m thrilled(!), but have heard their FA leaves something (or lots of something) to be desired...
 
wait, this could be dumb question, but what's FA?

Idiot.

yeah i had no clue either, i looked through the financial aid book last night for emory and there's not many scholarships available for the first years ( there are a few) but it seems like that there is a lot more available once you prove you're not completely worthless after your first year.
 
it's that time of the month again... time to get our hopes up about emory, only to have them cruelly dashed! letters go out tomorrow, according to a recent thread that i can't find now. good luck everyone!! :luck::luck::luck:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it's that time of the month again... time to get our hopes up about emory, only to have them cruelly dashed! letters go out tomorrow, according to a recent thread that i can't find now. good luck everyone!! :luck::luck::luck:


Best of luck to you as well, taylorcraft. I thought Emory was fantastic when I interviewed.

Hope you get an acceptance letter this week 🙂
 
it's that time of the month again... time to get our hopes up about emory, only to have them cruelly dashed! letters go out tomorrow, according to a recent thread that i can't find now. good luck everyone!! :luck::luck::luck:
I hope they send out some good news to people who interviewed a couple months ago... They do sometimes accept people way after their interview dates, right? I recall someone posting that they had heard of someone who interviewed in October or November and was accepted in February. Well, good luck everyone :luck:
 
The sheet that lists all the mailing dates says it's not uncommon for people who interviewed in Oct to get in with the Feb/March decisions. Here's hoping they're not just trying to make us feel better 🙂
 
I just went through the interview packet... sigh... so many fond memories. Emory was absolutely the most fun interview day that I've had. According to the orange sheet, decisions will be mailed out on January 29th (Tuesday). I wonder if the "delayed acceptances" only happen really late (with the February 26th or March 11th mailing dates).
 
thanks, xerxes!!

and ssbunny, there was a thread called "emory january decisions" or something like that last week and someone on it called admissions to ask when letters would go out. the lady said the 28th. one day makes such a difference... good luck to us!
 
boo... if they said "sometime this week" and not "today", sounds like they're not out yet...
 
did you ask if they were sent out and they responded sometime this week or when will we get them and they responded sometime this week

so anxious!
 
Darn it. Well, I'm out of town for a while, so I called in and she said my app is still under review, which means I won't be getting anything this month. This is so hard! Has anyone heard from Emory this cycle?
 
im out of town too, do u think they'll give me my results over the phone as well?

I dunno. If you're coming back in soon I'd just check the mail. I won't be home for over another week.

They didn't give me a result, they just said whether or not your application was still "under review." If it's still under review, they didn't accept you, though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nope... and i live in new orleans, which is not too far. i'll give up hope after tomorrow.
 
do they only send out letters to people that got accepted or do they send it out to everyone even if they are still under review