Emory Decisions Early

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do they only send out letters to people that got accepted or do they send it out to everyone even if they are still under review

just accepted people.

Members don't see this ad.

oh okay, here's to hoping we all receive letters then

just checked, no letter for me...

anyone have any luck??

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems as if very few people are hearing from emory regarding acceptances throughout the months. I have a theory, maybe they accept the really really outstanding people at the end of every month and accept everybody else at the end of February? Does anyone else think I'm right? If I am, then I guess there's still hope for all us not-so-super applicants, lol.

I remember reading in another thread that they trickle out acceptances each month, and then send out a large batch in March. I hope that's the case!

I remember reading in another thread that they trickle out acceptances each month, and then send out a large batch in March. I hope that's the case!

GOOD GOD. March is either going to be the best month ever or the saddest (I'm also really hoping for a big huge chunk of Emory acceptances in March :luck:).

GOOD GOD. March is either going to be the best month ever or the saddest (I'm also really hoping for a big huge chunk of Emory acceptances in March :luck:).

Same here... loved it there! :luck: to you!

Congrats! Isnt Emory your top choice?

haha, misinterpreted quote. i said "just accepted people" in response to the question, "do all applicants get status letters or just acceptees?" thanks, though! it is indeed my top choice. here's hoping for march!

haha, misinterpreted quote. i said "just accepted people" in response to the question, "do all applicants get status letters or just acceptees?" thanks, though! it is indeed my top choice. here's hoping for march!

Haha. Well now you have to get in I already congratulated you!

nothing on my end in the mail sigh!!! :(

good luck to everyone else tho

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm bumping this thread because someone got a letter today (the 21st)... congratulations malicious! i saw it in the class thread, which i check obsessively.

malicious, do you live in Atlanta? what day was the letter dated? i'm so excited for you!!! hopefully i'll have good news from emory too :)

malicious, do you live in Atlanta? what day was the letter dated? i'm so excited for you!!! hopefully i'll have good news from emory too :)

Yes, that is wonderful. I thought their adcom meeting was yesterday, tough. When was the letter dated and where do you live? Congrats again! And for me... *sigh*

Since a couple of people have asked me about I figured I would just post the info. I didn't get a letter yet (I believe they still go out next week). Sorry to scare all the people that are waiting. I got a call from the assistant dean last night after the committee meeting was over. Thats how I found out. He said I will be receiving emails about it today.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting. Emory is amazing!

I figured that since I haven't heard back since my interview in October, then I probably won't hear until march..heh.

Since a couple of people have asked me about I figured I would just post the info. I didn't get a letter yet (I believe they still go out next week). Sorry to scare all the people that are waiting. I got a call from the assistant dean last night after the committee meeting was over. Thats how I found out. He said I will be receiving emails about it today.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting. Emory is amazing!

Thanks, but that's still scary. Now I'm thinking since I didn't get a call, I definitely didn't get it. Did the assistant dean say why he was calling? Were they calling everyone, or did you just have a special relationship with him and he wanted to call you?

Text, I'm with you. Interviewed in December, and I'm thinking they must've not liked me as much as I liked them or I would've heard back sooner. Here's to March!

I know at some other schools, they call URM applicants (although this is usually done by URM students that may have interviewed them, or someone from a URM committee/class the applicants met with).

In any case, it seems the other acceptances in the past few months were snail mailed, so I wouldn't worry about not getting a call.

Well, here's to waiting till March! Good luck!

Thanks, but that's still scary. Now I'm thinking since I didn't get a call, I definitely didn't get it. Did the assistant dean say why he was calling? Were they calling everyone, or did you just have a special relationship with him and he wanted to call you?

Text, I'm with you. Interviewed in December, and I'm thinking they must've not liked me as much as I liked them or I would've heard back sooner. Here's to March!

I think I got in fast because of my interview. I told part of my life story during the group interview and the interviewers jaws were basically on the ground. I have had a really tough and interesting life.

I'm not exactly sure why he called me (but I'm happy he did). He sounded just as excited as I was. I don't think they were calling everyone. I think I was maybe a special case.

Just because you didn't get a call doesn't mean you wont get in. I think they are being cautious with the acceptances because they said no one has withdrew yet and they are nervous about over enrollment. I believe that there will be a lot of acceptances in March. If they are your first choice I would sent LOI and/or email Erica and let them know that you are very interested.

I'm rooting for you guys!!

I know at some other schools, they call URM applicants (although this is usually done by URM students that may have interviewed them, or someone from a URM committee/class the applicants met with).

In any case, it seems the other acceptances in the past few months were snail mailed, so I wouldn't worry about not getting a call.

Well, here's to waiting till March! Good luck!

I think that is part of the reason also. They have a minority revisit weekend at the end of March and maybe he was trying to give me a heads up so I could attend.

I think that is part of the reason also. They have a minority revisit weekend at the end of March and maybe he was trying to give me a heads up so I could attend.

Yeah, that makes sense. Have fun!

So do you know if you want Pitt or Emory right now? Haha, one of the reasons I'm not freaking over Emory is because I absolutely adore Pitt :)

Yeah, that makes sense. Have fun!

So do you know if you want Pitt or Emory right now? Haha, one of the reasons I'm not freaking over Emory is because I absolutely adore Pitt :)

I have no idea! I think financial aid is going to a big factor. I do love the weather and the social scene in ATL!:p

bumping again... letters go out today! here's to the last round of waiting until march 11!

please, please, please

pretty please

right now, i'm calling it... this is a lucky thread, now let's go post office...

Lucky thread, eh? In that case, maybe we'll have letters by the end of the week. Let's hope you're right.

Hey, the "lucky thread" worked for me to grant me an interview at Emory, so maybe this thread will work to help get me an acceptance! :luck: I want all the luck I can get at this point! Good luck to everyone.

Here's to all of us getting letters this week :luck:.

I received one today (I am in the mid-atlantic area). Good luck- I hope you hear positive news soon!

Well, they said my file is STILL under review, which means I won't hear anything until mid-March. The REALLY frustrating thing is that I can't spend $50 on my collegeboard finaid app until I hear whether it would be worth it, and that means I'll miss the priority deadline, which means I'll probably get inferior finaid if I do get accepted. *sigh* I really loved Emory, too.

when is the priority deadline for finaid?

Well, they said my file is STILL under review, which means I won't hear anything until mid-March.

I'm right there with ya. Just called, and they said I'm still under review. :( Oh well, at least it's only a 2 week wait this time.

emory is my top choice, but i didn't get a letter yet:(
good luck to all of us for march!:luck::luck::luck:

Well, they said my file is STILL under review, which means I won't hear anything until mid-March. The REALLY frustrating thing is that I can't spend $50 on my collegeboard finaid app until I hear whether it would be worth it, and that means I'll miss the priority deadline, which means I'll probably get inferior finaid if I do get accepted. *sigh* I really loved Emory, too.

Wow I didnt know it costs $50! Thats crazy

is the priority deadline March 1 or April 1? The green sheet in my emory packet seems to indicate April 1st...

is the priority deadline March 1 or April 1? The green sheet in my emory packet seems to indicate April 1st...

I spoke with themn extensively yesterday and they kept saying March 1st.

To anyone who has talked to the admissions office recently: did you just call the phone # on the admissions web site? I wanted to confirm receipt of my update letter to them, but every time I've tried to call them during normal business hours, I've gotten their voice mail.