Emory Decisions Early

Started by ATLgator
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

just wondering if anyone heard anything today? anxiously waiting to go home and check my mail....
 
just wondering if anyone heard anything today?

Nothing for me in Portland, Oregon. I think I'm not going to get in, then -- it doesn't take that long to get mail from Atlanta out here. Also, I interviewed very late in the season.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nothing here, either. and i live in new orleans. so yeah, probably not happening for me.
 
Nada for me as well (but I love Pitt, so I can't complain) It was my first interview, so I have fond memories of the school, and I thought I interviewed well there...oh well.
 
Nada for me as well (but I love Pitt, so I can't complain) It was my first interview, so I have fond memories of the school, and I thought I interviewed well there...oh well.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, except it was my last interview.
 
ditto but im pretty sure they're done accepting (non-waitlist) people

i don't know if it's hopeless yet... didn't someone say earlier in the week that they were sending out the acceptances that didn't go Saturday on Tuesday? if so, i'd say wait until tomorrow before completely giving up. then again maybe i'm just looking for the silver lining...
 
yes.... but if something was sent on Tuesday (the 11th), it could still arrive tomorrow or Monday given the 3-5 average days for letters to arrive. i'm holding onto a bit of hope.

guess we are thinking alike! sorry i posted mine while you were writing this 🙂
 
I still have a glimmer of hope. My letter got sent to the house my parents are moving to and they will be there this weekend. I'm out of the country, otherwise I would have drove there myself. Wish me luck for when they open their mailbox and either find something or don't. I'll probably find out through email sometime on sat/sun
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After I checked my mailbox yesterday, and no love from Emory. I came to terms with it last night.

Then they tonight send me the finaid email AGAIN. I guess financial aid hasnt been updated yet.

But getting an email like that when you KNOW you didn't get in? Cruel, just cruel. :cry:
 
well, they checked their mail.

Nothing for me today.

How's their waitlist movement?


brsboarder, I checked out last year's Emory waitlist thread. All I can say, if this year is ANYTHING like last year, there's almost no hope. Boo hoo :cry:
 
no news for me today 🙁 I got the fin aid email as well. I think I've come to terms with not getting an acceptance. Maybe we should start a support group. Anyone know if they decided about waitlist vs. rejections? Is no news very bad news at this point?
 
Called them today and I was told all acceptances have already been sent out. Now, it's just a matter of waiting for notification of reject or waitlist.
 
Called them today and I was told all acceptances have already been sent out. Now, it's just a matter of waiting for notification of reject or waitlist.

Did they say when they would be sending those notices?
 
Just wanted to let you guys know that I just got waitlisted via email... wondering if the snail mail is going to follow in a few days. Anyways, for those still waiting to hear thought you'd want to know and wish you all good luck!
 
Got my waitlist as well. Still waiting on a couple other decisions, I'll be staying on it. They say they usually accept anywhere from 1-2 up to 20 from the list. Anyone know how many people are on the list. Good luck all.
 
sigh, just got waitlisted... lets see how this pans out.

any clue how many waitlist invites they traditionally give out?
 
I just got waitlisted, too, but at least it's not a rejection. The e-mail said they can accept anywhere from 6 or 7 to 20 people off the waitlist.
 
Waitlist...so, basically, same old same old. I wonder how many people are in their alternate pool. Looking at how many people are accepted off the waitlist from previous years is pretty worthless if we don't know how many people are on the list in the first place.
 
Got my waitlist as well. Still waiting on a couple other decisions, I'll be staying on it. They say they usually accept anywhere from 1-2 up to 20 from the list. Anyone know how many people are on the list. Good luck all.

not sure how many people are on the list but i'll be withdrawing too, so that's two of us at least on SDN. i have a feeling the list will shrink considerably which should help the chances of those you waiting it out...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was waitlisted as well. I'm very seriously thinking about withdrawing. I got into my state school and I would go there over Emory. Good luck to everyone.
 
seems like they waitlisted quite a few people based on this SDN sampling....lol. doesnt look good =(
 
I just got an "alternate status" email. Given that it's not even a waitlist, I think this is just the most polite rejection I have received to date! Good luck to everyone who is actually still in the running.
 
I just got an "alternate status" email. Given that it's not even a waitlist, I think this is just the most polite rejection I have received to date! Good luck to everyone who is actually still in the running.

I think "alternate status" is a waitlist.
 
Yup, "alternate" here, too. I withdrew though, enough of waiting on Emory, I interviewed back in early October! Heh.
 
Hey hey, look who's back in the running! Do they actually reject anybody, or do they just waitlist the whole applicant pool :laugh:?

🙂 I'm starting to think they don't reject post-interview, but I called them last week, and they said they still hadn't decided who was going to be waitlisted versus rejected, so...
 
Yup, "alternate" here, too. I withdrew though, enough of waiting on Emory, I interviewed back in early October! Heh.

Ditto here. Emory's my ninth waitlist. I loved the school, but I'm trying to whittle down my various waitlists. I can only accept SO MANY waitlist offers.
 
Add me to the waitlist/alternate list pile too. Seems like a bunch of people are withdrawing and I'm thinking about doing so as well, but I don't know at this point.
 
waitlist here too... i'm gonna withdraw. i've moved on, emory. good luck to everybody waiting! 👍
 
anyone still holding out for emory? Things don't look too good

Well, Emory was tied in my top 3 (all of which I was waitlisted at), but I've been accepted to the other two, so I'm good. I won't lie... If I got a call tomorrow from Emory I'd be really torn, but I'm happy either way now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad