Emory DPT 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my acceptance email this morning! Happy tears :clap:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone accepted, that's so exciting! Do you guys know if you're going to attend Emory?

I didn't hear anything back yet....

Reactions: 1 users
I'm most likely (90% sure) attending Emory. Waiting for one more school that'll get back to me this week.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else not hear from Emory? I expected a yes, no, or waitlist by now but still have yet to receive anything.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else not hear from Emory? I expected a yes, no, or waitlist by now but still have yet to receive anything.

Nothing received yet. I've heard that the first deposit deadline is February 7th. So, let's wait for this date then.

Congrats!! I saw you have been admitted by UNC from the previous posts. Have you decide which school you will attend?

Thank you! I'm weighing the pros and cons and hope to have a decision made soon with deposit deadlines due here shortly. Emory told me February 14th!

So can someone break down the total cost of attending Emory for me? Want to make sure I have it right. Not including living expenses...just tuition!

Members don't see this ad :)
So can someone break down the total cost of attending Emory for me? Want to make sure I have it right. Not including living expenses...just tuition!

With what I got from the email, I'm assuming it'll be $11,467/semester, so roughly $105k for just tuition, not including housing, books, etc. listed on this site: http://www.rehabmed.emory.edu/pt/prospective/financial.shtml. Does that sound right? Also, I've spoken to a couple current students who said most live in housing that is ~$600-$900, so that $23k value is a high estimate.

Just received the wait list email this morning. Feeling pretty deflated. For anyone else who got the same email, do you know what they mean when they said the wait list isn't ranked? How do they start filling declined spots from here?

I just received the waitlist email also. Does anyone know how many people from the waitlist typically get admission to the program?

I also just got the wait list email. This is one of many I've received and honestly it sucks. I have equal stats as some of the people here and I just don't get it. I have no idea how they fill the spots if they don't rank. And I would think if they are filling a class roughly of 70 then they will probably have to pull about 20-30 from the waitlist. No idea how many are on the waitlist or if they just waitlist everyone that interviewed.

I got the waitlist as well. Did anyone know what is the acceptance out of the waitlist from Emory? Thanks!

Also wait listed here. Feeling bummed since this is my third time on the waitlist.

Hey so I did a bit of digging and it looks like they pull from the waitlist based on looking at who is on the waitlist and how that individual would help 'complete' the class, i.e. fill in any diversity, geographical, etc holes in the class. Still no idea how many they might pull.

I also just got the wait list email. This is one of many I've received and honestly it sucks. I have equal stats as some of the people here and I just don't get it. I have no idea how they fill the spots if they don't rank. And I would think if they are filling a class roughly of 70 then they will probably have to pull about 20-30 from the waitlist. No idea how many are on the waitlist or if they just waitlist everyone that interviewed.

I know somebody who went to the interview but got the rejection letter. So, I assume not everybody received the email... Hopefully this makes you feel better!

Hey so I did a bit of digging and it looks like they pull from the waitlist based on looking at who is on the waitlist and how that individual would help 'complete' the class, i.e. fill in any diversity, geographical, etc holes in the class. Still no idea how many they might pull.
Where did you find this from? It would be nice to know if they're not doing a lottery system.

Thank you! I'm weighing the pros and cons and hope to have a decision made soon with deposit deadlines due here shortly. Emory told me February 14th!
My deposit date is also Feb 14th. I am stressing so hard about what to do. I would like to hear back from UAB before I decide. Congrats tho!

Waitlisted as well. I got into my first choice anyway, but really want to know if I would have gotten in... Does it come across as unprofessional to accept a waitlist spot anyway?

@csupt16 Definitely try to reach out to Emory and see how long they can extend your deadline. I can understand being in your position; Mercer didn't allow me a long enough deadline to hear back from other schools so I ended up paying the first half of the deposit to hold my spot there.

@mao3122 If you're only going to accept the waitlist spot just to see if you'll get in, I would advise against it as it takes away from someone else that may want the spot; I've been in that spot before too, but ultimately decided that I really had no interest in that school and gave up my spot to someone else.

@energy_pt I was also conflicted for a while about whether or not to attend Mercer or Emory, so feel free to ask me about any questions about deciding between the two schools!

To everyone else, I actually don't know how many people make it off the waitlist. I know being on the waitlist can suck (I've been there before for my top choice at the time), and I can only hope for decisions that work in your favor.

Has anyone accepted decided they are definitely attending Emory? I sent in my deposit and I am so excited!

Also, do y'all know if they will put us in a Facebook group or something? I want to get to know everyone!

Also, do y'all know if they will put us in a Facebook group or something? I want to get to know everyone!

I just spoke with a first year who said we'll get an email invitation at the end of the month!

I know deposits were due on Tuesday, anyone think we will hear soon about being pulled from the waitlist?

I know somebody who went to the interview but got the rejection letter. So, I assume not everybody received the email... Hopefully this makes you feel better![/QUOT
when Do they send out rejection letters?

Are they still accepting students? how much longer are they sending acceptance letters/emails?!?!

Are they still accepting students? how much longer are they sending acceptance letters/emails?!?!

No, idea. The first two rounds of deposit deadlineS have already passed for about a week now. We probably will hear something by this week I guess, but no promise at all. I thought we would hear something on last week, but at least for me, I didn't hear anything from them. They said in email that the last day for them to pull students from alternate list was June 12th, which was the first of the class.

Has anyone received info from Emory on what loans (subsidized or unsubsidized) they qualify for? I filled out my FAFSA but don't know what to do next.

Also, I just talked to someone who turned down their spot at Emory, so I hope that helps some of you!

Has anyone received info from Emory on what loans (subsidized or unsubsidized) they qualify for? I filled out my FAFSA but don't know what to do next.

Also, I just talked to someone who turned down their spot at Emory, so I hope that helps some of you!

I am waiting to hear back about my financial aid award too. I know they got my FAFSA since she asked for my social to open it, but I have not heard back since.

I am waiting to hear back about my financial aid award too. I know they got my FAFSA since she asked for my social to open it, but I have not heard back since.
On the financial aid packet they gave at the interview it says that once we are on Emory's student portal it will show us our aid rewards. Then from there you can accept whichever loans you would like to!

Did the person reject the offer from alternate list or the initial offer? Just want to get ideas if Emory has started pulling people from alternate list already. Thanks!!

Did the person reject the offer from alternate list or the initial offer? Just want to get ideas if Emory has started pulling people from alternate list already. Thanks!!
The initial offer

has anyone heard of any movement on Emory's waitlist